The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Who has more fun killers or survivors.???.

Would love to hear peoples opinions on this,I play both equally and enjoy both.Would say it’s easier to rank up as survivor,but does that mean much.?.

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Killer can be frustrating, but it can also be fun at times.

Survivor can be boring and a little frustrating, but it can also be fun and less stressful.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

Idk, I have fun doing both, but I dont have fun m1ing gens, but thats how you win. take it for what its worth.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I do prefer Killer it's more action and just more fun overall where as Survivor it can be fun but, sitting on a gen all game and just doing nothing can be really boring chases are good but, that's it

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Killer I find more excitement and feels more rewarding to do great plays. Survivor I’m stuck with Solo Q teammates who leave me for dead

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Killer is more fun to me because I do not need to rely on teammates. But survivor is still quite enjoyable when you just want to chill. I mean, I chill with killer. But I mean, like, I can throw the game and still escape.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

looping is only reason i play this game

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,462

I will always have more fun playing killer than playing solo survivor

But I will also always have more fun playing SWF than playing killer, not because killer is frustrating or boring to me, but because I have more fun playing with friends

• ColdWater
    ColdWater Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2021

Survivor is boring and easy in my opinion, especially paired with SWF. Yeah Killer is certainly more frustrating but atleast you're not tied down to holding a button for the majority of the match.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,286

It’s a matter of personal taste. I have tunnel vision and don’t like to stress and micromanage when playing games. I also like working with others to accomplish a goal, so Survivor is more enjoyable for me.

I can’t handle killer much at all. I’ll only play it for bloodpoints and challenges or when I’m in a Trappi Boi mood just because catching survivors in a trap and snowballing from there is so satisfying. I don’t enjoy the stress of worrying about gens popping or playing ring around the rosie every few feet and Trapper is perfect for avoiding it.

I do enjoy the occasional farm as killer. I know many think it’s boring, but sometimes, it’s just nice to be nice to your opponents and help them with points or challenges. Just a good change of pace to show we’re all just trying to have a good time.

• planet
    planet Member Posts: 27

Being killer for sure is more fun. You only have one job and you have control over the whole atmosphere of the game. Get into character, follow good manners and everyone has a blast

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

Survivor is fun with SWF , its 95% a waste of time with randoms and a total migrane. Killer fun for me cause I really get a kick out of even if am losing slapping every flash light out of survivors hand and watching it become a lost is fun. I think them losing the flash lights is more annoying than me stopping them from doing gens. I literally had a match where this happen they did 3 gens but stops and was so wanting to clicky bad that they spend a good 10mins trying to retrieve them , sadly the nea ofc being the most toxic ends up dying cause she didnt know I had rancor, on someone like trickster, so killed her + bb to her flash light lol.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059
    edited November 2021

I have the most fun as killer, but I have less fun when I actually kill survivors. I prefer to knock people around and then relent once I've gotten two hooks on everyone, a couple more chases, and some maxed categories. Good vibes abound at the end of a good match - I get my fill of both competitive and friendly gaming and I get item gifts way more often than I get teabags. (Though MMR is giving me a run for my money... emblem system suited me much better. I'm forced to play normal half the time just to keep myself out of the kiddie pool.)

I do have good moments on survivor, but I dislike how little of the match is actually under my control. There isn't much I can do if a teammate ragequits a minute in, or it's a hard tunneler, or a facecamper, or it's Hag/Bubba/Trapper and my teammates just run into the meat grinder no thoughts head empty, or if someone used all the pallets, or if everyone did all the corner gens at the start of the game, or if I spend the first half of the match being chased and left to dangle on a hook, or if I get farmed... and so on. One of the reasons I like killer so much is because unless I'm facing a really strong team, I'm the one who gets to control how the match goes (and attempt to maximize the fun value.) I can choose when I'm going to be competitive, I can choose when I'm going to be memey, I can choose to punish a player for screwing over their team or give them a break when they've had a rough run of things. Obviously this is not the dynamic at top MMR, but it sure as hell isn't in solo queue either, and that's where I reside as survivor.

That said, killer definitely has greater stress potential. Highs are higher, lows are lower - most likely because even when everything goes wrong as survivor, it's rare that it's your fault, as opposed to a big confluence of factors that all players contributed to. Also because it isn't fun to be the 1 in a 4v1 where the 4 are looking to make people miserable. At least when it's the other way around, you can commiserate with the other survivors.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

both or neither, depending on how seriously you take the game and/or how closely you stick to the meta.

the chiller you are and the less meta you play, the more fun you'll probably have. (that goes for me, at least)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

It depends on your preference. If you enjoy both sides I would say you have less stressful and frustrating times as survivor than you would as killer.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Killer is fun at time while survivor is always fun and easy unless someone dc at the start

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Observors

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I honestly have more fun when I play killer. Because whenever I play Survivor, it's always a sweat fest and I just get those annoying killers (like half of the killer roster). And if I get a fun killer, then the player is a complete #########. But the worst thing is when I face a frustrating killer, like Clown or Trickster, and they are also complete #########.

But when I play killer, I can chill. I can meme and have a lot of fun. And on top of that, I can play Huntress, my favorite killer by far. And getting those snipes, there's nothing more satisfying in this game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,082

If you're about using different abilities and skill, killer. If you just want to completely trounce your opponents after you reach a certain skill level, survivor.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I've been playing decent and some rare time a few SWFs invited me to join their games (like twice only). They were being nice in general, but I felt like we were bullying Killers. Still had 1-2 death. But its more to being too Altruism, Killers had a little control over us.

Solo is still more fun for me to play as. Or at least, if I ever have playing SWF but no communication.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

I find it more fun to play killer and more chill to play survivor.

Survivor gets boring very fast especially when you play in swf. It ends up playing like swat squad slaming gens.

As for killers it's more interesting cause u have decent games not sticking to m1 gens.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

It's not easy to rank Survivor you could be a Good survivor but You could get screwed by your teammates, Get tunneled or the game ends too quickly so you only get a safety pip. Ranking up as a killer relies on your skills and it should be easy enough to snag a ruthless killer.

With that I said I genuinely think Survivor is more fun because they have completely different mind set. As a killer your head is in the game 100% there is no rest. You have to think of every single happening in the game constantly and so you're in a competitive mindset. As a Survivor you can make the mistakes all you want since there's three other people there to pick you up and you don't have to keep tracks things. You can just leisurely listen to music and alt tab whenever you get hooked. You're in a relaxed state of mind so you get less frustrated by losing as opposed to a killer having put their all into the match so you would get more frustrated when you lose.

• R2k

It's difficult to rank up as killer too. If u 4K too fast u don't get pips. U 0K, again no pips. And finding something in between is difficult.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited November 2021

It's very rare to 4K too fast nowadays it's not a regular occurrence like any of what I listed lol then again I don't play snowball killers though. As for 0K I disagree at least in my experience. I consider myself a competent killer and it's easy to secure a ruthless and maybe merciless killer and only time I would lose badly is against a navy seal SWF and that's like 1 out of 10 matches in my experience Most games are just randoms with maybe two friends there and you could win those matches just fine with experience at least I don't find these 4 man SWF a normal occurrence like people are suggesting in the forums.

I tested this out when the new grading system and sbmm came out. It took me ages to reach Red rank as a survivor with lots of dud matches there where I didn't get single pip with things I mentioned. Then jumped to killer and reached Red ranks fast in comparison because like I said you rely a lot on your skills and experience then maybe get stomped once every 10 matches but that's about it.

It's also why I stopped caring about climbing to red ranks as a Survivor it was hellish experience of grinding just for spare change(300k BP?) in fact made several topics about it because I was so frustrated.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Survivor but killer could be more fun if twins could be played with 2 players

• R2k

It took me 30 hours to reach rank1 solo. While its much slower for me to reach rank1 as killer.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I play both equally and for me it's more fun playing killer, but since the gameplay has no pause (unlike the survivor's) it requires more brainpower and is more tiring.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I have the opposite, I get rank 1 as killer quite quickly. But struggle to get the last few ranks as survivor.

Admittedly, I am a better killer than survivor

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

killer is just unfon and frustrating, most of the times....you rarely get some fun.

survivors is either boring or normal, fun comes when you're a full SWF squad.

so, yeah, i'll rather be bored than angry and frustrated every match.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Survivor gameplay is boring, you basically only have one game mode. Meanwhile killer has like 25, so it's hard to get bored of it.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271

Swf -> killer -> SoloQ

It's way more fun to bully a killer all game and guarantee the win whenever we feel like leaving than it is to play killer and have to worry about micromanaging every little detail all game. That being said, it's more fun to play killer and only have to worry about your own performance than it is to play your absolute best only to lose because your Meg is an absolute 4head and urban evades around the outside of the map all game while leaving you to die on first hook.