The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will People Stop Playing Killer after recent updates,discuss…

Wampa1
Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

I play survivor and killer about equally.Since the reset and updates have reached red rank survivor and am still on bronze for killer,I play mostly spirit,plague and for fun times Myers.I used to progress pretty evenly but have struggled since reset.It is probably my play before anyone says “get good”.I personally enjoy both experiences but have detected a lot of negativity from both sides but more saying they will quit killer,I personally won’t and it is a great pity on both sides that some really good killers feel like that,thoughts and please be nice.😀

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Personally I just got back to playing this month after not playing for about a year (just got sidetracked with other games) and honestly the game feels mostly the same as it did when I played previously. Other than having a few more killers to choose from and some tweaks to the HUD and certain abilities and more graphic revamps it's really the same experience, which is good! I have no major problems with this game, it's fun. 🙂

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

You hit the nail on the head. Just try to have FUN. Who cares if someone is teabagging or clicking their FL? It doesn't matter if you go 4-0 or 0-4. Try to have fun. Block all the negative crap.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I will probably never stop playing killer even though many games aren't particularly fun right now.

The alternative (generator simulator) is boring as hell. I don't feel any sort of "woow" effect when playing survivor. Everything on the survivor side just feels boring because none of the few survivor mechanics is challenging.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163

I've stopped playing Deathslinger but I'm still enjoying Legion.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Survivor is boring so no. I can't imagine myself playing only survivor.

It's either i quit game entirely or keep playing both sides.

If u compare killer vs survivor, survivors require less braincells to win and more u play, more boring it becomes. So eventually i find myself trolling around for entertainment. (It's a perfect role to chill)

As for killer I do rly enjoy mindgames and that killers require thinking to successfully catch someone, not just m1 as it is for survivor.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

People will still play killer no matter what. Same for survivors.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

I shouldn't think so, at least not so significantly enough to be a problem. This forum is but a tiny selection of the total playerbase, and as vocal as it is it really is not the voice of all players.

Some take it too seriously. Honestly, going into a match with random perks or with the aim of focusing on a specific area of play, or any aim other than "I must be a God at this!" makes the game far more enjoyable.

The only problems may come from after-game chat, but people have the ability to choose to reply, and if people are able to realise those insulting others are just unhappy, desperate individuals, and actually sending messages of compliments is far better, then the game can be so much better.

• Grundy
    Grundy Member Posts: 1

Killer main here, I uninstalled the game. Cannot play hex perks anymore because no totems left on the map and Haddonfield map 2 infinite loops.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

I don't plan on stop playing killer.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

For me in all my years of playing, killer has really never been better to play. I get consistent atleast 2k's and more which means I'm in fair matches, and all the killers feel fairly strong in their own way.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I still find killer 10x's more fun than survivor. I play survivor and there are times I enjoy it but mostly just play for challenges/keeping my head even for both sides. I will still play killer even if they keep nerfing, make maps bigger/don't fix them, ignore spawn points, etc. I will be here adapting and I'm sure still killing my opponents.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

"people forget the game is supposed to eb for fun", i think also behaviour forgot that the game has to be for fun, insted, they think it should be competitive and they are vbalacing dbd around this thought

• arthurh51
    arthurh51 Member Posts: 2

As a chill player, yes. i will either play survivor or play another game, i think to play killler right now you have to like the thrill that sports give you because it's stressful and competitive most of the time.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Because of SBMM I find myself getting matched against people I have no business playing against. If there aren't enough highly skilled players available, then I usually get walked all over. Sad thing is it wouldn't be so bad if this was a ranking system that actually looked at actual skill, but instead it revolves around kills and escapes, and in my experience nothing good has really come from it.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I won't stop playing Killer... This game for that matter

• D_HERO
    D_HERO Member Posts: 370

The situation around killers is the same as that before except for mmr. So I guess I will not stop playing.

And even mmr is not that different from what we have seen so far.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

No, is the simple answer.

I play killer and survivor equally. I enjoy getting as many hooks as I can, but many killers have resorted to just camping the hook now to get the kill. These players never play survivor, they will continue to play killer and continue to do what they are doing. A lot who play and don't camp may leave.

The question you need to ask is will people stop playing survivor, as many survivors are getting fed up of being camped.

Then you have to ask, if we lose the killers and it leaves the campers, then the survivors leave because of the camping, then where does it leave the game.

Whether you blame the update, the devs, the players or the MMR, something has to change.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I thought I was going to at least play two matches a day, and maybe finish dailies. But the game is so unbearable as killer I just don't login anymore. Previously, I used to sit and cycle through perks to make builds, but nothing works anymore. The game used to feel like being saddled with more work than you have time to complete. But now, it just feels like there's no point in trying. So, I haven't been playing regularly.

I imagine the game will recover when they stop balancing for new players, and stop catering to people that don't like PvP games that choose to play a PvP game. What makes a PvP game a good PvP game is the balancing, and there are survivors that still complain even though the game is so easy for survivors it's boring to play as.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited November 2021

Pro tip:

Despite people saying they will, nobody ever stops playing

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    edited November 2021

Ive actually been playing killer more and more these days. Used to be 50:50 but survivor is just far too infuriating. You can be the best survivor in the world but if your team screws you there's nothing you can do. At least as killer, win or lose, it's on you. I like that a lot more...

• themoobs1984

Sounds like you've already quit killer or don't play as killer often anyways. Seeing as how you're still bronze on killer.

• themoobs1984

Camping is nothing new. You're trying to make it sound like it is and I doubt you play killer that much anyways. There are a ton of survivor mains compared to killer mains. The game can afford to lose survivor players.

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

I haven’t called ‘quits’ so to speak but I have definitely lowered how much I play killer in a week. I’m having a lot more fun on apex. For how popular dbd has gotten, it’s pretty sad to see it in such a imbalanced and buggy state.

• Wampa1

No as I stated in the thread,probably my gameplay,I have sweated a bit and made it to gold.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I'm sure I will continue to take breaks with other games, but I still enjoy playing killer and survivor in DBD. I still much prefer the role of killer and I have fun playing all of them at least a little bit. I don't see my interest for this game dying anytime soon.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Playing a killer in this game is rough.

Not only because of the mechanics of the game, but because both survivor players and the developers themselves have an odd, often hypocritical attitude towards the role.

'Easy to play' killers are nerfed, despite being mediocre at high level. 'Hard to play' killers, however, aren't buffed - out of fear that it would be OP at high level. See: recent Wraith nerfs and the BHVR statement on kill rates regarding Nurse. That's a double standard, and double standards are bad.

Survivors on the other hand will DC/complain bitterly if you play a killer/addons/perks that make it easier for you to win, but will run full meta perks, a fancy toolbox and use an RPD offering. They all play sweaty as hell, but if you play sweaty they'll pitch a sulk. On the other hand, they'll gloat and teabag you all the way to the gates if you go easy.

I care.

Not much, and I always try to keep in mind that they are sad, probably lonely people who need to get their jollies by giving me a headache in game.

That said, nobody is immune to this crap and it definitely builds up over time.

• themoobs1984

I'm immune to it. I turned messages off and I don't PC game anymore. Can play however I want and not care what the angry 24 year old manbaby has to say.

• Tremors
    Tremors Applicant Posts: 13

I doubt I'll stop playing entirely, at least not based on the recent changes. If they keep making the Killer role far more stressful and making changes to Killers based only on how Survivors feel about the way they play (Deathslinger, for a recent example) in the next few updates, then I'll probably stop.

For now I'm just going to play a lot less.

• SAégis
    SAégis Member Posts: 99
  • Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

I used to be Deathslinger main.

So yeah, I have stopped for now

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I still play, but less or with troll builds.

But yes, i enjoy less playing killer now than before.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

When they start refunding window vaults and basic hits the killer population will plummet.

It seems they already have a soft refund in for basic m1 hits. For the past couple of days i have had survivors cancel out my basic attacks by changing direction (i am holding to lunge but it swings anyway) Huntress has hit validation tacked onto her hatchet throws. watch coconutrts to see this in action.

Its only a matter of time.

• Wampa1

It a a pity what the devs did to Deathslinger I think they forget that people have invested time effort and sometimes actual money into their chosen character.When playing survivor used to play against Deathslinger on a regular basis,don’t think I have came across one since nerf so I guess that feelings about him amongst players that used him are pretty universal.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

People have already stopped playing Killer.

• coolmacc
    coolmacc Member Posts: 70

Nope still plenty of killers queue time for me are 5-10 min at the least

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I used to do the same. I figured that I would tackle whatever the daily challenge was for killer, and then turn off the game. But like you said playing killer is so stressful that I don't have fun in that role anymore. The nerfs that they keep applying to killers makes playing as them incredibly frustrating. Perfect example: Spirit. Survivors received a buff to Iron Will in that Spirit can no longer hear survivors that equip it, and thanks to the recent nerf Spirit received, players will always be able to hear where she's at when she's phasing. So imagine never being able to hear survivors, but survivors can always hear where you're at. This is supposed to be a 4 v 1 game! Makes playing as the "1" less than ideal, and sadly that kind of balancing keeps being applied to all killers in general.

• Wampa1

Try playing killer usually no wait time in queues,whereas in the past used to average about 5 mins,shortage of killers?