is it just me, or is the bloody party streamers offering bad luck?

every time i've used the bloody party streamers offering so far, it seems that i get really unlucky with the killer, it's like
you can spawn in their terror radius
or they start lagging when they're chasing you
or it's a facecamping freddy
or it can be one of those weird p3 trappers that can telekinetically put traps in front of you when they're chasing you

just recently i got tunneled by a huntress right off the bat after two streamers were dropped
i only got 2k points, 10k with streamers 😔😔😔😔

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Well if there are many bloody party offernigs, then the killer will even try harder to do good.
    Tunneling is the most effective strategy to do so, from my experience the survivors dont care about the killers points when they use offerings (sometimes they even genrush and hurt themselves), so why should the killer care about you?

Once the first guy has been tunneled to death and there havent been to much gens done, then the killer can go ahead and fool around witht he remaining ones for some points

• rollerskate
    rollerskate Member Posts: 13

@Master said:
    Well if there are many bloody party offernigs, then the killer will even try harder to do good.
    Tunneling is the most effective strategy to do so, from my experience the survivors dont care about the killers points when they use offerings (sometimes they even genrush and hurt themselves), so why should the killer care about you?

Once the first guy has been tunneled to death and there havent been to much gens done, then the killer can go ahead and fool around witht he remaining ones for some points

😔

• LiveByNightTime
    LiveByNightTime Member Posts: 17

@rollerskate said:
    every time i've used the bloody party streamers offering so far, it seems that i get really unlucky with the killer, it's like
    you can spawn in their terror radius
    or they start lagging when they're chasing you
    or it's a facecamping freddy
    or it can be one of those weird p3 trappers that can telekinetically put traps in front of you when they're chasing you

just recently i got tunneled by a huntress right off the bat after two streamers were dropped
    i only got 2k points, 10k with streamers 😔😔😔😔

on god this happens to me EVERY TIME, either its Bloddy party streamers or escape cake. in the beggining ill be like, ok i have to do good this game, but either i die first very early or the killer is camping or im in some situation where i only get like 5k points

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Dunno. If anyone puts up Streamers, I just play like normal. I get 15-20k per match normally, then whatever BP offerings I've put up. BBQ makes this even better if I have it. Someone throws out a Streamer, I'm already making plenty of BP. The tryhards amuse me to no end. They think that they have to play extra hard to scrape those couple extra BP out when just playing normally will net them plenty. Greed is disgusting.

Survivor side I'll usually save all my Streamers for the last couple levels. Makes them go by a good bit faster. I tell my teammates in the lobby too, so they can stack if they want. It actually makes them help me more at times too I've noticed. Like "Thank you. I'll make sure you get unhooked and healed whenever I can." Usually with better saves. I do the same though when someone lets me know they burnt them. Gotta look out for the ones bearing presents. Most times at least one match I get the short end, but it's all part of the game.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

It's an inside joke between my friends and I that whenever someone brings party streamers, the lobby becomes cursed lol. Oddly enough, it's for different reasons. Whenever someone brings them I always have teammates dip out on me during the loading screen, or get caught and disconnect instantly. It can be pretty discouraging.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

I face camp people who use streamers. They think they are so cute taunting me with points then looping all game... and the audacity they have to try hard WHEN I USE STREAMERS! People are so disgusting, so selfish, so toxic!

/s

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2018

8 out of 10 Games i use them i got tunneled and camped with at least one dc from another survivor after the first two minutes of the game, so yeah, they bring me bad luck... T_T

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    All BP offerings are cursed for me. If I put in bonus Objective, i spend the whole game getting chased or hook saving. If I put in Altruism, either everyone beats me to the hook or nobody gets hooked. If I put in Boldness the killer tunnels someone else. If I put in Survival I die.
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    It’s cursed. I feel like they see the streamer and it turns into every man for himself.
  • Grimmymore
    Grimmymore Member Posts: 8
    We literally (we being my squad) put up 4 party streamers and had the most aids game I think I’ve ever had in almost 2,800 hours. You’re so right. Lol! It promotes such crappy gameplay on behalf of the killer. I’d rather meme and have fun in that regard over being a total jack wagon but I guess some killers get off on that type of gameplay. Lmao 
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I try and be polite about it as killer. However the moment I get consecutively flashlight blinded the bang gets dropped lol.
  • HeroLives
    Don’t killers get points off party streamers too?
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Everyone gets points from streamers but it's the perks that can really make things stupid. If all 5 players use streamers this alone will give everyone a 500% total Bloodpoint bonus. When combined with BBQ or WGLF this can be boosted to 600%. Since there's such a high reward there's a high risk too. If you die early or get gen rushed you miss out on points. This is what makes most matches with streamers cursed. Survivors want to guarantee themselves an escape as just one streamer turns the 5000bp escape into a 10000bp escape. Not to mention totems, hooks, gens, maps, chests, pallets, and chases. Killers on the other hand want to turn their 2500bp no one escapes into a 5000bp no one escapes. When someone uses streamers and I am the killer I will always make one hook. If the others are altruistic then I go around and hook everyone 2 times each that way nobody should die and they get points. Then I just do Deviousness, Brutality, and Hunter. 
  • StalwartXX
    StalwartXX Member Posts: 80

I've had the misfortune of every match where I play survivor and use a streamer, the killer DCs seconds into the match and it feels wasted. Usually do quite nicely with streamer when I play killer though with BBQ

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157

This happened to me yesterday. I was dreading going in to the match for fear of being farmed. Blessed be by the entity the killer wanted to farm points with everyone. I was one happy Claudette! :)

• LeatherDaddyJake
    LeatherDaddyJake Member Posts: 4

I honestly don’t remember the last time bloody party streamers were used and all 4 survivors made it into the match. It seems like every time they’re played 1-2 people always get kicked on the loading screen.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Every time I play streamers it seems like I get the MOST tightly wound/serious business killer ever that just ends the match in like 5 seconds OR will face camp everyone they down. Which I hate, like... We're getting extra bp, what are you doing? You don't have to farm, but at least loosen up a bit.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

I get killers that DC like ######### it helps them too!

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    I personally dont get it.  As surv, playing streamers seems to be begging the killer to tunnel and facecamp for no apparent reason.  I often think maybe he is farming and waiting for someone to come unhool, but he never is.. he just downs the guy coming to help.

As a killer, if ai see streamers, I tunnel the first surv I see until I down him, then dribble him till h3 wiggles free and follow him at a distance hoping he got the message that I'm down to farm.  Cause seriously, who doesnt want extra BP? We can always be sweaty tryhards on the next match, right?  I seem to be in the minority here, though.
  • Rune
    Rune Member Posts: 17

if i play swf, my friends always tell me not to bring in "facecamp streamers" because we all joke that they're cursed and we'll deal with a facecamping clown or leatherface. very rarely do we get farmers. i love it though!

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    How the average player reacts to the bonus points from Bloody Party Streamers:
    https://youtu.be/7NyN8ikEGio
  • HeroLives
    Peasant said:
    How the average player reacts to the bonus points from Bloody Party Streamers:
    https://youtu.be/7NyN8ikEGio
    Accurate
  • SoloJane91
    SoloJane91 Member Posts: 19

I love BPS, but my gripe is when the killer brings a mori. Obviously you can't tell who is offering what at the loading screen, but when I bring the BPS or someone else does, I don't want a super sweaty game just to get almost no Bloodpoints because I got moried right after the first hook. Of course I don't want the expectation that I should win after I bring them either because that's just conceited. The game should just be easy paced and fun, not farm friendly, but enough for both the survivors and the killers to get some good plays in while capitalizing on those sweet Bloodpoints.