The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Give flashlight blinds server validation.

Chaotic_Wretch
Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Too many times have I been blinded after I'm already looking at the ground and walking away. I've seen this happen to tons of streamers as well. It's obvious that flashlight blind success is determined on the survivor side. Since survivors have priority on hits and grabs, give killers priority for flashlight blinds.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Oh look another topic survivor get x so killer should get y. Seriously, stop crying

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    edited November 2021

Aw... looks like somebody is mad about Flashback Saves

• PapiKingley
    PapiKingley Member Posts: 46

They won't add it because it's not fun for survivors

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

I feel like this would screw up flashlight saves altogether. Even if you time it right on your screen you can basically just not get it because the killer doesn't see it that way. You can't time it later or anything either because they'll still look away. It'd basically gut flashlights.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited November 2021

It can't be server sided as it is something precise to do, 1 mm too late or too early and it won't work, this is something that has to be survivor sided, I mean, the killer gives the angle and the opportunity, and the survivor has the good timing......

Also, how the survivor would be able to place the flashlight save while taking into account his ping and the killer ping. That would make the flashlight save nearly impossible.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

I feel your pain, but I think this is impossible. Look at the fiasco with DH, pallet and window with. The killer gets the hit sound, hit animation, then looks for the survivor, only to find that the survivor has run off. Change it back and the survivor gets hit from a place out of reach.

To be honest I would rather it back where it was, actually be able to get hits in the first place, live with the fact that the odd hit may be way out as a survivor, and live with the flashlights, after all a lot of players don't use a flashlight, many that take them in cannot use them and the ones that can are the swf, so they work as a team anyway.