What Is With Nemesis Players Recently?

Options

Keep going against Nemesis pkayers at all levels who hard tunnel every game, all game. Like, ignore other Survivors even if they are injured and look for the freshly unhooked. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Comments

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Just played against that type of nemesis..

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257
    Options

he is half wm1 anyway he should tunnel

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,853
    Options

For some obscure reason Nemesis and Demogorgon players tend to always tunnel. And it's been like this for as long as these killers are in the game. It must be something to do with the mindset of players who play these killers, because there is no any kind of gameplay justification for them specifically to tunnel.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Every nemesis plays like that as far as I remember. Just accept it at the start of the match and try to not be the first one caught

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options

Because he is too slow to get use out of his ability in the current meta. He gets destroyed by genspeeds, exhaustion perks, and W holding. Just a life of a no-mobility/no-instadown killer today.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Nemesis is actually great at tunneling because he creates a dead zone faster than just about any killer, and they cannot vaccinate which means you get the full power of a 115 ranged killer during all 3 hook states. There aren't many better choices. Pyramid Head to avoid DS, I guess. But I feel Nemesis does better regardless even if you have to eat DS.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 905
    edited November 2021
    Options

Tunneling in general is a fine strategy.

It helps you achieve your objective easier and exert pressure on the map faster than any other method.

As to why Nemesis in particular do it, it's probably because their 1v4 is pretty bad with zombies getting stuck everywhere. They have decent 1v1, but in the first few chases they usually have to hit you 3x, which can take a lot of time, and means a lot of gen progress will slip away from them.

Abandoning a chase or someone they've already infected basically resets the chase entirely, by allowing them to take the vaccine, heal with CoH, etc. as they repeat the process with time becoming more and more of a factor against them.

Tunneling helps them work around this weakness more and apply pressure easier by removing a survivor ASAP and not having to constantly hit 3x per chase. In my experience, I usually see this from them until they're confident the game is more even objective-wise.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 905
    Options

So true and often underappreciated.

People need to understand that survivors literally are the killer's generators.

The only difference between the two is one moves around, has a conscious, and typically expects their feelings to be considered more; whereas one sits in one spot, doing nothing, and just waiting for people to repair them.

Come to think of it, I guess some survivors are more like generators than I previously thought.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited November 2021
    Options

Nemmy players have a weird tendency to be machines of rage and anger. Dunno why. I pride myself on the fact that i seem to be the only nemmy main that isn't bursting a blood vessel every second of every match. Could just be because most nemmy players/mains tend to be newer players who haven't mellowed out yet. Could also be that its just kinda in character for nemmy to be a jerk.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Options

Lore accurate nemesis

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

Literally had a Nemesis do the same earlier, so it's a common trend I see😂

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

Maybe because people never got their Nemesis in DBD and are trying anything to be as accurate to the character.