Why are you hiding the killer in the lobby?

Options

I can tell I've played all of the 4vs1 (or 5+vs1) survival games and know what lobby looks like in them, but only in Dead by Daylight survivors are completely blind to the killer account before the match starts.

It's ok survivors don't see what killer has been chosen by the player. It's ok, the game hides killer's perks and add-ons until the end of the game, but to be honest for me it's completely useless, since you need only 1-2 minute from the start of the match to determine all of the perks killer is using if you're playing in a team.

But why did you decide to hide the killer account/nickname? It's not fair for others, the killer can fully examine you before the match (and leave the lobby without penalty of course), or be very toxic to you because in the previous match you've survived or played like a pro. For example, for the last few weeks I see half of the killers have VACs and ingame bans, and they fully deserve it since they were playing very toxic and suspected hacking during the match.

I'm not asking you why your Easy Anti-Cheat engine blind to private cheats everyone can obtain for a few bucks. I'm not asking you why your support is so slow to respond and your ingame reporting system looks like it's not working. I'm asking you why you are not letting us be a second shield against these players? If I see a player with a fresh account, 30 hours of DbD and 100% of achievements I don't want to play with him. If I see a player with a VAC/ingame ban I don't want to play with him. If I see a player with a good Steam account and 2000 hours of DbD I want to play with him since it's a true challenge.

Comments