Re igniting hex totems?

Fuzzels
Fuzzels Member Posts: 449
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Would allowing a killer to reignite their hexes be a good move? It would create the need for survivors to have a choice of blessing for their boons and risking the hex coming back to replace their boon, or breaking it to prevent the hex coming back but also lose out the boon placement. Would that be a fair change or could it be exploited in a way I'm not thinking of? Do you think this is something that could ever make it into the game?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

This will never happen. Please stop equating boons to hexes and trying to get equivalent treatment for them.

• Posh_xp
    Posh_xp Member Posts: 18

This is actually already a thing lol, they just made this in the new PTB, go check it out. It's one of the artist's perks and it seems pretty strong.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I don't think it would do anything. With the time it takes to bless a hex totem it would be a waste to do so. Even now it's a waste of time to do so uts more efficient to just cleanse the totem

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Not exactly, that is a specific hex unto itself with specific effects (that just got nerfed by 5%) and requires survivors to cleanse a totem first before you can rebuild it with that specific hex in play. Though, we are in a climate where cleansing is almost always the least valuable thing to do now that you and your team can bless them for major benefit.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

i won't say boons and hexes should be treated the exact same, but their should be more resemblance.

a perk that allows a killer to rekindle their lost hexes would be great addition. it could work the exact same as penti. it wouldn't work while penti is equipped though.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

That's not quite what you're asking for. Hex: Pentimento isn't "reigniting old hexes", it's placing new Hex: Pentimento totems for that specific hex. You're not getting Ruin or Devour Hope back with it, for instance.

Now that being said, I do think Hex: Pentimento would be more interesting if it allowed a killer to replace a Blessed totem as well as cleansed ones with a Hex: Pentimento totem. That would kind of make the match into a tug of war between the killer and the boon placers fighting over the totem sites.

• yougotexposed
    yougotexposed Member Posts: 53

Even if the same time survivors took to bless a totem was implemented for killers to relight a hex totem. The benefits of a hex totem still outweigh boons. Specifically in the case of NOED and devour hope.

So unless they only apply to specific hexes, i don’t think the idea would work in all honesty.

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

As it should. It's a 1v4 game. Something needs to be done to prevent survivors from constantly re-blessing a Boon though, either the totem gets broken when the killer snuffs it so it cannot constantly be re-blessed, or the Boons get a long cooldown (several minutes at least) when they get snuffed.

• Speeddemonsaif
    Speeddemonsaif Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2021

YES! I WANT TO RE IGNITE MY DEVOUR HOPE! EVERY SURVIVOR EXPOSED AND MORI-ABLE FOREVER AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Sorry survivors keep spawning on my damn totems and my totems always spawn in the most obvious spot, I had a bad day)

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Never happening, your best hope is suggesting creating a new totem category that killers could use more than once. Just be prepared; their effects would have to be limited in both range and impact and not game-changing, so they probably wouldn't be too appealing anyway. Even if they did, there's no way Hex: Devour Hope would re-activate with tokens.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Maybe they could give killers an offering that protects totems for a few minutes at the start of the match.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I think it would be more reasonable to just limit the number of times a survivor can bless a totem to the number of boon perks in their build.