The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Solo Survivors: Frustrated with Killers or Survivor teammates?

Volcz
Volcz Member Posts: 1,167

Just a simple question and I'm curious about how people feel. Do you get more frustrated by your teammates or by what the killer does/acts?

I myself get more frustrated with teammates. As a solo survivor, its the natural reaction. I am usually the one who focuses gens, but can read situations pretty well and go for saves if the situation calls for it. But lately, its either people getting impatient and killing themselves on first hook, or they go down in 15-20 seconds of the match starting and demand a save or else they throw, or we actually do pretty well until mid-late game where 2 teammates snowball the match for the killer. I just question these people's IQ, especially when I see 3 teammates just walking/running around/putting a damn boon totem up after I ran the killer for 2 minutes + and no gen pops.

Note to other solo survivors; do not run Kindred or Bond. Seeing how your teammates play will annoy you more than aid you.

Slight rant. Genuine question.

Comments

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 676

Yes! I also run Kindred or Bond in most of my builds and have commented on a few threads saying how bad it feels to be on the hook with the killer in front of you being shown by Kindred, and watching your teammates crouched the opposite side of the map outside the terror radius hiding from nothing.

I blame the MMR system valuing escapes and nothing else, so rather than doing all 5 gens alone plus running the killer for 30mins but getting caught and killed making your MMR go down; people hide and wait for someone else to take the killers attention and their teammates to finish the gens so they can sneak out an exit having done nothing for the team but raising their MMR. Its all sad and a bit depressing tbh :')

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
    edited November 2021

I play Solo survivor all the time. I don't really have complaints. Yeah sometimes survivors are bad or selfish, but it's not all the time and doesn't trigger me.

What really upsets me is when I'm killer vs a SWF team that abuses me with flashlights or other stuff. It's the king of unfun, triggering experience that makes me want to uninstall sometimes. It really sucks that SWF and flashlights is a thing.

Post edited by SilentShepherd on
  • KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

@Volcz you nailed it brother. That’s exactly how I feel. I get more frustrated with teammates making TERRIBLE plays. I will never get upset at anyone if they can’t loop for long, but don’t bring the killer over to a hooked teammate while in chase. Or worse, unhooking a survivor literally as the killer turns his back from just hooking them. What is that?? Borrowed or not, it’s a bad play.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited November 2021

There's only one type of survivor I dislike.

And it's the ones with the flashlights. At least the normal survivors are just bad so you can't blame them but the survivors carrying a flashlights are bad at the game at the same has the confidence as if they can survive one mind game(they can't) so they're pretty much worthless to the team that can't do generators and is free pressure.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

I'm frustrated about some people I see on both sides. It has nothing to do with role.

If I see survivor want to suicide or wintrading I slug them and give others their time. Problem starts when others lack of information and don't understand why i slug, so they die due to altruism. For example my last Hawkins game ended on 5 gens. I slug 2 players who were chasing me, and in the end got 4K cause 2 others was obsessed with altruism and wanted to heal them at all cost.

Same goes when I play survivor. I don't like players who join game to quickly die.

Have nothing against killers.

• planet
    planet Member Posts: 27

Yeah i know what you mean. I got blocked and torched spammed on my first down. I just take the disconnect and watch tv until time passes. They are a waste of time. Pity, it was a fast down so i wasnt guna hook them anyway. Just note their names and if you see their names in lobby just leave dude. The beauty of being killer

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

How can you be frustrated? SBMM fixed all matchmaking problems and now its fair and balanced.

/s

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Neither.

Frustrated with the devs.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

survivors who farm me on the hook or generally leave me to die for no reason.

like, the ones who while healthy, unhooked, and with no noed, wouldn't even try to save me from first hook.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257
    edited November 2021

It is difficult to agree with the expanded matching due to the small number of killers

I'll add an explanation in case you don't know

In low mmr there are more killers and in high mmr there are more survivors, so sometimes any survivors match low mmr killers

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It depends, if they start throwing the game to try and tunnel me just because I have No Mither, that is a killer being a douche problem. Otherwise, yeah, mostly just teammates frustrate me which is why I am a killer main.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

Most of the time about my teammates.

For example I always use kindred, killer is camping me and no one repair a gen. Maybe 1 surv repair a gen and that's really rare. The other two try to unhook me.

Or a other example. We have one flashlight mate and he wants a 100% flashlight save so he is all the time running behind someone who is being hunted and do nothing for the team.

Or bush pilot Claudette also super effective 😂

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Always teammates. I'm generally quite aware that the mean things the killer does (camp, tunnel etc) are done because they are necessary or make the most sense at that time. So I don't blame the killer for anything short of like hitting someone on hook and nodding over and over, or bleeding people out for the hell of it. I had a game earlier with 3 extremely selfish teammates who made very odd decisions over and over. Running away from boons to ensure they didn't heal within it, letting people sit on hook or even just die instead of making any attempt to rescue them, and the final one escaping after leaving multiple people on the hook to die despite having every chance to rescue. Stuff like this is far more bothersome than the killer playing their role.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I rarely get upset at a Killer. For what? Doing his job? That makes no sense.

I get far, far more upset at terrible teammates. By far the worst is the unhook in the Killer's face with no Borrowed Time. I am concerned these people don't understand what a Safe Hook Rescue is and how many seconds it takes for you to get it.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

I'm gathering some soloQ stats at the moment, and so far I've been getting sandbagged by a teammate about every 4th game. Sometimes I straight get killed by a teammate, especially in the endgame. So yeah, in soloQ your teammates are your true enemies.