The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Uninterruptible animations in DBD, and Flashlight abuse. Let's talk about it.

SilentShepherd
SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So you're a Killer. You go up against another SWF with flashlights.

They wait until you go into an animation in which you lose control of your character - such as breaking a pallet, or picking a downed player up...... and it is this precise moment, when you cannot control your character, they aim the flashlight at you and blind you. This is a broken game mechanic in my opinion.

-------------------

If I cannot control my character while I wait for the animation to end, then I should not be blindable or stunnable until I regain control of my character.

-------------------

This is one small "buff" you can give to Killers, that in my opinion, should already be part of the core game. It makes no sense to force a player into an animation that they lose control of their character, and they cannot look away from the flashlight, but yet they are still blindable by said flashlight. The game should make the Killer immune to flashlight UNTIL the animation is over and the player regains control of their character.

So they have a fighting chance at looking away. This ONE change alone would fix a lot of the flashlight abuse going on, where SWF survivors are hanging around their downed teammate, waiting for you to go into the animation of picking him up, and then you get to just sit there and watch them run up to you and flashlight you.

Or even worse, looping the Killer around a pallet... and when the Killer finally goes to break the pallet... you go into the animation to break it, and they flashlight you and waste more of your time and escape.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments