Comments

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

SoloQ is not easy mode. I have it easier playing killer than going solo. 😐

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

The "free" Items, are mostly only effective in the match.

Since keys are useless now, the only good items are rainbow map, medkits and repair kits.

Also you need to survive to get them "free".

Oh and dont forget that you loose your items after the trial if you die.

Killer are the more challenging role, but need to focus less on little things. As a survivor you have skillchecks, for perks you need to activate them right and look out for the killer etc.

Survivor are expteced to live longer than 2 - 4 minutes. But this doesnt happen everytime. D:

Also a survivor who does his objective, shouldnt get less than someone who loops the killer. Also someone who loops the killer should aswell get more. But the categories dont helpt with that.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

I am in favor of anything that helps with the grind, killer or survivor, in the end it ends up in one pot.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    Options

Pretty simple to understand. Killers have it harder. They are alone. They don't have 3 other killers to lean on. I play both and I have always felt it harder to play killer.

• drakolyr
    Options

Not to sound rude, but most often only SWF get the best out of 4 other guys in a game.

Its not always something good.

The BP grind is just not justified, its to old.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    Options

Not really. I run into other capable solo survivors often when I play. You're exaggerating.

• drakolyr
    Options
  • ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I think searching chests should give Survival points and being camped on the hook (If the killer is within a certain distance of the hook) should give the person being camped Objective points since they are acting as a distraction while the other survivors (Hopefully) are getting objectives done.

The hardest category to get points in is Survival it's kind of ridiculous. I think they need to reduce the amount you get from escaping (5000) and create more ways to get survival points/increase the amount you get from current survival based actions.

Otherwise the other thing that sucks is altruism is impossible to get any points in if the killer decides to face camp someone to death.

Farming BP as a survivor is often a nightmare lol

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

Well if more Survivors played Killer you would see what the problems are, but Dev's don't have to grind or earn Bloodpoints they just listen to the whining and look at some statistics = Current state of entitled Survivor DBD and end game state of DBD. And we haven't even begun talking of hackers...I'm waiting to see how long it takes to re-work Boons or nerf them it's amusing seeing posts on forums. It's just as entertaining to read forums and watch streamers IMHO than play the game at this point!

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited November 2021
    Options

You get more the more that you do, the same as the killer. It's just you have to do a bit of everything to get the most, and the fact is it's 4v1, meaning that your contribution is overall going to be far less significant overall than a killer having to deal with the 4 of you.

Your BP is also tied to how the killer plays. How often they hook, how often they chase everyone, how often they get hits for you to heal, and how often you are involved in what the killer does/has done.

As a whole BP should be increased for both sides as a whole, and BP increasing perks should be removed. I'd even be fine with them removing BP offerings as well.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

The game isn't meant to be played at the breakneck pace survivors want to play it at. That's why typically survivors will get less BP than a killer. Killers have very few actions to do so they get more points when they do those actions. Survivors by contrast have much more they can do to influence the game and thus get scored less for each single thing they do. Also another big part of scoring is interaction with the killer and vice versa.

The killer's entire gameplay loop revolves around getting into interactions with survivors. You want more points you gotta get chased, get hit, heal, risk yourself getting the killer on you by unhooking. Survivors can of course win with doing little or even none of these things because all that really matters if that you do gens and escape. You're not really driven to interact with the killer in the same way a killer is with you and if your killer is very passive then it can just be hard to interact to begin with. The longer a game goes the more points you will get.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

Really? like medkits, boon totems and toolboxes aren't enough to make gen rushing a killer's nightmare? do you think chasing only takes a minute and all the killers have to do is hit a survivor and comeback to the gen and pop it? all it takes are decent enough survivor with only few OP perks, tools, and add-ons to end a game in less than 8 minutes, meanwhile killers needs to rank other killers bloodweb, master each different killer abilities while having to deal with a steep learning curve or practice weak killers into viability and having little to no guiding hand to save them from losses since killers have to learn to play the game ALONE against SWF.

if all of that isn't as fun or rewarding i rather play as survivor and do gens cause its less stressful and not as complex.

and right now most weak killers are not good enough to have fun with or be viable for farming and when i'm not having fun i always play The Nurse, with a vengeance. and it will only make the toxicity go full circle. so pay the killer proper bp or you'll only see toxic killers.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yes, 3 of 5 possible items are good. Man, if only most killers could say that...

You can find them in chests, use them in the match and/or take them out with you. They are indeed free.

Killers have to focus on tons of little things. They are not the same things as the survivors, but while you get a lovely clear terror radius we have to listen for soft footsteps and Nea farts over the sound of Demogorgon eating bubble gum.

Of course it doesn't. You still have the potential for free addons, and with the desired survivor rate being 2 per match, over time that averages out as one free addon per match.

If the killer 'does the objective' (kills all survivors asap) they don't get much BP either.

To earn a good amount of BP as a killer, you need to play around with survivors and at least give them something of a game.

This applies to survivors too. If you hide all game and slam out gens, you won't get anywhere near as much BP as if you actually interacted with the killer.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Honestly 8 minutes sounds like a nice long match compared to some of the sub 5 minute games I've seen :)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,161
    Options

Survival should be all about skill, and skill check to go to Survival point. Gen point should be double.

There are little thing like pick up Pallets, Build to last ect also go for Survival.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2021
    Options

Somethings gotta get people to play killer

Far as I am concerned, it's one of the biggest reasons a lot of people play killer at all. Quicker grind.

• drakolyr
    Options

I dont care about that discussion. Also you only see killer side, since you dont reconsider that survivors need to learn to play against every killer too? For example.

I just want a better BP system. For everyone.

Never said survivors should get the same amount as killers.

Of course not. But some scenarios dont let you even do both. Getting camped or tunneled, you just dont get much BP.

Also you only get good items out of a match, if you have perks for better quality, you dont even get addons.

Most of my games i get a gray toolbox or keys. Meh. I dont think its justified to get less BP overall.

Well would be an improvement for things like this.

Dont think its about that.

Also again, i dont talking about getting the same amount. As it is right now, its not justified to be possible only 3k BP out of a game.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

So then why does Blight with Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer give a lot?

• StarLost
    Options

Here's a solution. Put all the BP earned by survivors into a pool and divide that up evenly between survivors at the end. That definitely won't cause problems.

Seriously though, I'd be fine with the first survivor to die getting a bonus or something - but that would lead to even more survivors just suiciding.

In active matches, I regularly see survivors get around 30k BP, which is around what I get as killer.

This is an issue of playstyle, not mechanics.

Ruin/Undying isn't even easymode anymore. It's incredibly streaky as builds go. It'll work well one game, and in the next two your totems get cleansed before the first gen pops. Survivors know the maps now and know where to look - when it doesn't spawn right out in the open next to the first gen.

• drakolyr
    Options

Again, i dont think survivors should get the same amount as killer.

I also said that overall the system isnt good. Dont get your salt above the other side to something like that.

It was a worst case scenario, but thank that you looked into my matches and know everything. Oh wait, you dont :/

• TMNoThumbs
    TMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120
    Options

Have you ever tried it? Survivor is miles easier than trying to learn blight.

• Shroompy
    Options

The basics of learning Survivor are much easier to pick up than Blight is yes

To master? Survivor is miles harder, since unless you have a group of people you consistently play with, your skill doesn't even matter half the time because solo q is hell

I started this game off maining Survivor, that was my first 1.2k hours. After a while it just started getting frustrating even back in 2018 when Survivor had even more bs than they had now, it led me to play killer and now I have all killers P3 50 with all perks and Im reaching 4.4k hours

So yeah, I guess you could say I tried it

• StarLost
    Options

This game cannot be balanced around solo and SWF.

SWF is the 'optimal' way to play the game, and thus is where balance and these discussions should be focused.

I'd be all for making some lesser version of Kindred baseline if the match is entirely solos, or better yet including more options for solos to communicate with each other. Possibly Overwatch style opt-out VOIP or something.

That said - survivor is by far the easier role to master (up to a certain level). You have fewer things to worry about and all the map resources exist specifically for you to disrupt the killer, not to mention incredibly forgiving survivor maps like Badham (which still has some spots where if you crawl there, it can be almost impossible to hook you in time), Haddonfield with it's incredibly safe 'freebie' gens and RPD which hard-counters certain killers simply by existing.

• Shroompy
    Options

It can be balanced by buffing Survivors in a way that allows them to communicate more, this way you buff solo's and it wont really have an impact on SWF. Being able to see Survivors aura's at all times would probably one of the best things you could do to bridge the gap, and a ping system.

Also lets talk about mastery shall we? Sure, Survivor may be a bit easier to master than killer, its not like killer is that hard to master either. Hell the hardest killer to learn is Nurse and even that doesn't take that long if you dedicate a bit of time to it. But imagine that you're the best Survivor in the world. Wanna know what that means? Nothing, because no matter how good you are your skill can't influence the mindset of your teammates. You yourself can be a good teammate and play perfectly every game but all it takes is for one of your teammates to mess it up and it all means nothing.

That is exactly why I don't play solo q outside of challenges. The time I spent learning a role where my skill doesn't mean a damn thing is more unrewarding than anything else in this game.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    edited November 2021
    Options

one of the categories for survivor is linked basically entirely to the actions of the killer and the other one pretty much requires you to escape or do so many self-heals you are likely going to die anyway due to wasted time

Killers are in control of ALL of their BP Categories, survivors are consistently only in control of 2 of them

• TMNoThumbs
    Options

Killer is starting to feel exactly like you describe solo q. Skill dosent mean a damn thing and its unrewarding. In the current meta some matches can feel completely unwinnable.

• Shroompy
    Options

Killer is literally the easiest its ever been, and your skill as a killer does definitely have MUCH more of an impact on the game.

As a killer I feel like the game is much more in my control than when I play survivor, something you pick up as killer with time is identifying opportunities to turn a game around. Good teams will limit the amount of opportunities but will not completely get rid of them.

99.99% of the time that you lost as killer, you could of done something better that could of turned the game around, the same can't be said with Survivor.

• StarLost
    Options

I disagree.

Even the best killer players in the world struggle to consistently do well as Nurse.

The first example that comes to mind it's Otz's recent '50 wins on Nurse' streak. It was as difficult as his pre-rework Trapper streak. He had an easier time on Doctor.

Nurse is only ultra-strong in potentia. In actual games, she relies heavily on survivors making mistakes - which is not a guarantee at high levels of play. Otherwise, she'll crush in one game and be 3/4-outed in the next. Not to mention the likely never to be fixed issues with her teleports simply glitching out on certain walls and doodads.

• TMNoThumbs
    Options

Frankly i disagree. I have played this game for several years and the survivor killer balance feels worse now than it has in the past, by and large. While there have always been exploitable tiles and OoO used to be busted currently it feels like the entire gameplay experienced is based around giving survivors more second chances, and denying the killer the ability to apply pressure. Boon totems and hit validation have thrown the game out of wack, thats not even gitting into other survivor perks and items that are unbalanced.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222
    Options

Because Survivors lack from a consistent way to get survival points beside stunning the killer with Perks.

Wich should be getting points every time the killer miss hits, as actually happens with Deathslinger and Blight near misses

But for some reason not applied to every hit in the game...

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Well from my experience the survivors are causing themselves the lower BP gains by speeding through games. Just doing Gens wont net you many BP because that's just 2 sets of scores, Skill Checks and Great Skill Checks, three if you count the fully repaired Gen. Then you have the escape scores of Escape and Obsession Escaped. Those alone wont not you many BP.

Survivors have many more objectives to do but with the current mind set of Gen Rushing every game. Like many have said before it's a 4v1 game mode, so you as a individual wont get many BP. Every BP gain has a cap and once you reach it you wont make anymore BP in that category.

If survivors want more BP then they should have fun and not speed through games.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Killers have very little control over the Gatekeeper emblem which requires slowing down gen progress; this is entirely in survivors control as the killer physically cannot be in 4 places at once, but it does require survivors actually do gens and not crouch in bushes the other side of the map outside the terror radius.

This emblem is why people run gen slowdown perks as you get basically nothing if all the gens get done in a few minutes and they are the only viable way to pressure gens. Normal kicking gens is not going to help much here.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

If survivors got as much bp as killers then there wouldn't be a reason to play killer.

• Shroompy
    Options

"it feels like the entire gameplay experienced is based around giving survivors more second chances"

You say you've been here for several years, either thats a lie or I need to remind you of what truly was inbalance

Pallet vacuums, old DS, Exhaustion being recovered while running, BT giving both surivovrs endurance, insta heals, old BNP's, old self care (more like old healing) and the list goes on, and on. And the only killer being able to ACTUALLY deal with that was Nurse, every one else was actual garbage tier except for maybe Billy, but with the amount of pallets back then it didn't even matter

There is no way in hell DbD was more balanced back then

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    Options

not to sound rude or condescending, why are you bringing up emblems in a post about bloodpoints?

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,255
    Options

Both sides should be increased a little bit - But admittedly it's likely to incentivize playing killer more. Survivor is stupidly easy and the BP should reflect that imo.

• Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85
    Options

The killer has to take care of 4 Survs, gens and recently also totems. Why should Survs who only screw gens get more points?

• drakolyr
    Options

I still disagree that survivor is stupidly easy.

Its easier than the killer, but not stupidly easy.

And the main issue about balancing comes from the top players.

Both sides need more BP overall, since you have that many survivors and killers.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,255
    Options

Survivor difficulty depends on skill of the killer or if they're willing to sweat that round. In my view that means as a base measurement yes survivor is stupidly easy. Easy to pick up and it only really depends on how well you can adapt to a sudden increase in difficulty of the opposing player.

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that either - That's just the nature of the game. If survivor was difficult or overly complex no one would want to play survivor.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Survivor BP is definitely a problem. I think its one of the reasons people get so upset when they don't survive.

For this game to be truly to theme, killers should be oppressive and survival unlikely. But if you die early as survivor you often have less BP's than the value of items you brought in.

If you eat a lot of losses learning survivor then the grind can be laboriously long given the paltry BP's.

BP gains should have a base equivalent to items brought in and then greater gains based on participation.

Killer BP's will always be higher than survivor given the relative difference among killers where as survivors are basically skins, but survivors should definitely give greater gains than it does.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

if u need BP as survivor bring WGLF. also its a very decent anti slug perk wich is way too comun nowadays.

• Hyuu
    Hyuu Member Posts: 32
    Options

I forgot that playing against a rank 1 nurse and dying within the first 2 minutes of the game is easy mode.

Killer isn't any harder than survivor and in fact, solo survivor is actually harder than killer as killers can fight back while you can't against stupid teammates.

Survivors do not get enough BP. Thats a fact. Anyone saying "lol survivor is easy mode" has either never played survivor or has only played in rank 20 lobbies.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options
  • Hyuu
    Hyuu Member Posts: 32
    Options

If the post is 2 days old and still relevant, it can still be discussed. If the post is a week old, but is still relevant, it can still be discussed. If the post is 4 months old, but is still relevant, it can still be discussed. if the post is a year old, but is still relevant, it can still be discussed. People will seriously come out here acting like "lol its OLD" as if that has anything to do with what is still not fixed. Survivors still aren't gaining enough BP to level up the 104 perks in the game.

Do people who comment this just have a short attention span or do they genuinely think that responding like that is a valid enough claim to disprove what I said?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Because survivors hold 1 button 60% of the time ?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Oh so according to you, I can dig out those 2016 threads about tunneling nurses with 7 blinks but since it is still relevant it counts?

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited February 2022
    Options

It only makes sense that killers get higher BP, they need 25x more BPs, they play till end of the game every match.

If anything, killer BP gain need to be improved.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

Then why do I average 55K with Blight, literally the easiest mode of all.