Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it wrong to camp if the entire team is coming for the save, and you have no reason to leave?

'cause a few times, I've had SWF's claim doing so is somehow also tunneling.

I'd say it's fine, since your job is to apply pressure, and why on earth would you leave?

obviously, I want everyone to have fun, but why would I just give them the save?

Best Answer

Answers

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

On an unrelated note, you're the one who inspired me to buy bubba. I thought you'd want to know that. :)

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Yea like just let them get the unhook, respect the BT and let everyone escape !!!! Otherwise you are a dirty tuneller and camper and shall be cancelled by DBDTwitter !!!!!

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Ofc that is fine.

Keep up the good play :D

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Ignore them.

The only camping that isn't kosher is facecamping, and even that's forgiveable if the person you are camping BMed you.

If you hook someone and the rest of the team is trying to unhook in your face, bonk 'em. Sometimes they'll do this because if they force you to stick around the hook, they know you'll take a nasty penalty to BP.

Tunneling isn't just an acceptable way to play the game, it's a smart strategy.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

If I don't even have time to get away from the hook before someone's rushing in, I see no reason to go anywhere.

• Not_Social_Joker
    Not_Social_Joker Member Posts: 44

You're in the right in my opinion. I main killer and, try my best, to not tunnel or camp. But, in my eyes, there is an exception to camping. Knowing that someone is there.

If you know someone is near the hook, and you're searching for them, then to me, it's technically not camping since your goal there isn't (necessarily) to ensure that the hooked survivor doesn't get saved. You're there because you're looking for someone that just so happens to be near the hook. A bit scummy, but you can hopefully understand what I mean.

As someone playing to have fun more than just winning, I generally frown upon camping and tunneling. The only times I can find it acceptable (even then barely) is if the kit of the killer you're playing is fitted somewhat for that. Example being Deathslinger...my main...hmmm. Maybe I've been playing him wrong all this time.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

If you are satisfied with the way you are playing and the survs enjoyed playing with you, then go with that way. A few survs will always insult you, but hey you cannot satisfy everyone right? You are the killer after all. Do what you think is right.

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304

I meen...if the survivors serve themselves on a silver plate on the hook why would you even leave the place? if you can get multiple injuries/downs its not your fault they throw themselves to the butcher house so willingly. Its their fault to asume you "should" let them get the save and run away and their fault asuming you wont do a thing with such an oportunity

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I don't think you can even call that camping.

Camping is when someone is on the hook and no one is around and you stay there.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited November 2021

Of course it's wrong. It's wrote in survivor's rulebook.

Rule no.1: never camp the hook, no exceptions

As killer I don't camp. What's that? I just protect the survivor on hook so they can't steal it from me. I'm his guardian. I don't want him to be kidnapped.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

You bought the game, play however you like. You want to camp, camp. You want to tunnel, tunnel. You want to slug, slug. Whatever, play how you want to play and dont worry about hurting anyones little feelings.