For all those survivors that have an issue with camping and tunneling, I challenge you!

13»

Comments

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

They have no respect for themselves. How can they respect others? That's their problem.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2021

Geez, read what I said. What does killer's fun have to do with it when they are Camping not because "they had to do it" but when they do it without reason. You talk about people not reading, you are clearly the worst.

I am not ignoring the topic, I am educating you in what you are clearly missing. You think "I have to camp because if you play nice you lose".... which is what an amateur would say. Because those of us who know, know that you can camp as a strat, but you can also LOSE when you camp, because experienced survivors will not fall for that bait. Camping can be a strat IF used right, doesn't mean you have to do it in every single match, let alone do it at the start of a match.

I don't keep track of how many gens where done when there are 4 death skulls tallied towards my results. If gens fly for you, you might be doing something wrong. Which is the point I have been trying to get across and why your post is cringe level at best.

You condone Camping because YOU have to do that, whereas some of us don't. Relying on camping is not relying on skill. If you need evidence look no further than within your own thread (I'll give you a hint, some of them are right above this comment).

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited November 2021

I stated already that doing these tactics of camping mindlessly can be punished. You can lose when you camp and you can lose if you don't. Yet the games design is created in a way where it most definitely is part of it. Safe unhooks, free resets and all the like is not something you can afford to do in an equally matched game.

Who stated that I do it every single match? Who ever stated that one has to do it at the start of each match?

Gens fly when I go out of my way to not tunnel, camp, etc. you want to call me an amateur and not a professional... guess what I am. I don't have 6k hours, I am someone that plays this game as a hobby. People claim this is a casual game, which means that amateurs are supposed to be able to enjoy it and you don't need to be a pro. The hypocrisy is also clear here, because pro-survivors are able to deal and punish camping hardcore.

Go look at the competitive scene if you want proof of how professionals play... equally skilled players at the highest level. Outclassing your opponents is not a requirement that should be there in order to play a role.

For the record, without reason... means you don't actually understand why people do it with all your knowledge. They are trying to have a fun game, a game where they feel they have a chance of winning and not just be crushed.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Dude, you are having to camp and tunnel because you camp and tunnel. It's like you are slapping yourself in the face with a stick because you don't want to slap yourself in the face with a stick.

• Kalinikta

I have no issues with camping and tunneling though, as I understand how they are actually integrated into the games design. If you mean I get a higher MMR because I use the tools that are available to me in the game... then I guess you are wrong, but doesn't that simply mean you understand the game better and don't rely on outclassing your opponents to win.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

There is a big difference... I'll let you think on it for a bit.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

I'm a grown man. I don't cry about anything on a game. Take y'all and go direct it towards someone else.

• Kalinikta

This is just another prime example.

I was the EZ Tunneller killer, receiving the BM and end-game chat to tell me how bad I was of a killer. I hooked literally every single person once before I got a single re-hook, they found my two totems quite early on in the game and got a 3 man out. I was 3 gens down by the time I had my first hook. People love to act like these type of situations are rare, yet I play the game casually and not even every day and come across this, map offering, etc.

Yet somehow, their entire setup was focused on what exactly? Somehow my manner of playing was an indication of a bad player, going for hits, spitting pressure, giving everyone the opportunity to play the game and sure some sweat at 1 gen left = you are bad, tunneling, toxic etc. The treatment you receive based on your tactics regardless of it being at 5 gens or 1 gen it simply doesn't matter.

All those that say, it is about 5 gen, camping and tunneling... are just not representing the actual reality of what survivors complain about or that killers that don't do it will be treated differently.

For the record, I liked this game, it was challenging and I have no issue with the end result. They won, they used what was available to them in the game and for my own feeling I played incredibly well. It just was a perfect example of the behavior I talked about.

• Munqaxus

No, I mean you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself.

• Kalinikta

Right, because losing all the time is all that fun, dealing with BM on top of that is all that fun and all that jazz. That isn't going to burn out people playing the game.

Let's not try and tell other people what they should find fun or what will burn them out.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Are survivors still pretending that camping and tunnelling aren’t an essential part of the game?

• Munqaxus
    edited November 2021

So you know you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself and keep doing it.

I'm not telling you anything, you're telling everyone that you are miserable. You literally made a 4 page post on how miserable you are. You have my sympathy for being so destructive to your own happiness.

• Kalinikta
    edited November 2021

What... I did nothing of the sorts. If anything I have stated that avoiding camping and tunneling by any means makes me miserable not the other way around. On top of gimping yourself the treatment you receive is the same and are far more likely to consistently lose.

It is why after a game or two, sometimes even within the match itself, I give up on the let's consider the enjoyment of others, the play nice method that is stated to be desirable and simply start using the full toolbox available to me.

Usually if I simply play the game as optimally as I possibly can and that includes considering a tunnel, slug, camp, etc. The game is actually enjoyable. If you play at a decent skill, these are simply part of the game design.

• Munqaxus
  • nfochairman
    nfochairman Member Posts: 50

No, but when you lose a game no one is happy and being taunted for it doesn't exactly make you want to play again. Why isn't winning good enough? Why make someone else feel worse?

• Kalinikta

The topic seemingly goes straight over your own comprehension of what the challenge is about.

It has nothing to do with complaining. The whole point is that regardless of how you play, the survivors won't consider the enjoyment of the killer and that these tools are simply part of the gameplay. It is about the hypocrisy of those that try to bash killers that use these tactics for not considering the enjoyment of their opponents.