playing againt SWF should be an option

Smuk
Smuk Member Posts: 735

VoIP is strongest perk. I am honestly sick and tired of constantly play against swfs and coordinations.

Why do we slug? Becouse suddenly there is a swarm of mosquitoes waiting with flashlights. I dont care about protection hits, but all body blocking and doorblocking and hook blocks are annoying af. Yes if he blocks, then you hit him. but eventually as you hit all, you loose the grasp.

You should also transfer terror radius to survivors, as im more afraid of them rather then vice versa

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited November 2021

Mm.

• Yes, SWFs have an innate advantage. I'd like playing in an SWF to give you a MMR inflation, say 1.1x for a 2man, 1.3x for a 3man and 1.7x for a full squad. This would mean that you'd face a more dangerous opponent to compensate.
    • That said, MMR (when it works correctly) should offset this somewhat, as SWF players will rise higher than solos in most cases.
    • Smurfing SWFs are a problem - people that spent silly amounts of time sandbagging their MMR to lower their group average. That said, I'm not running into as many as I was two months ago.
    • If they are giving you protection hits, that's awesome. Even if you get a break-free, chances are that you've set up a crazy snowball situation (especially if you know where the CoH zone is) or at least forced them to heal for ages, giving you back some map control. If you keep running into this, bring Starstruck+Agitation and watch shenanigans ensue.
    • The main issue with SWFs aside from information sharing is perk, addon and offering coordination. Teams that will bring 4x toolboxes and PTS, teams that will send you to Haddonfield/Badham/Swamp specifically to use certain broken loops, teams that will bring multiple 'further hook' offerings on Badham and abuse the tunnel etc.

True. But if nobody wants to play against SWFs, that probably indicates that SWFs just have too much of an advantage.

I really like my MMR suggestion.

• Smuk

The swf should not be a thing anyway. yes, i see the idea. but its only has pros for survivor.

I dont see any amusement at this point honestly.

The odds of winning are much lower against swf. And to play killer only against sweats as i said; to be completely exhausted from trying to achieve that 4K? no thanks. It makes alot of sense why people are avoiding to play killer

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I really want BHVR to buff solo q so they can finally start buffing killers, no one will be OP if everyone's OP.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

The only way swf should work is if there was a proxy chat kinda thing. You can communicate with people next to you. Other than that its just bs

• StarLost

They...can't though.

It would require them buffing both solos and SWFs, as they have been emphatic about not having separate mechanics/balances for both.

This would require a massive buff to killers, and then we'd be back at square #1.

The only way to offset SWF is to ensure they face higher MMR killers at a baseline.

• StarLost

...We do?

I think most killers are aware that their 'win state' is 'any more than 2 kills'. We frequently give survivors hatch too.

What do feel 'entitled' to is a fun game against opponents close to our skill level, without people stealthing around the map popping 5 gens in 4 minutes without many chases, people abusing infinites/offerings or people being BM. These are all traits you see more in SWFs.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Idk man giving a basekit totem counter (info SWF have for free) as well as deleting blindness and giving a whole lot of aura reading base (so info SWF have for free) would be pretty good

• Smuk
    edited November 2021

I agree here. I havent ment that 4K should be an easy achievment. but that everything is so well coordinated. 1 with strobe, having a backup, while to are doing gens/boons. And as if you make a decision to stop the chase and search for the others, before you show them back, gen guys are already informed that you are heading their way.

There is no suprise element or nothing. Only thing you can hope is that they do a mistake.

It is just so many factors that swf gets you outplayed. Maybe you manage 6 hooks and all 4 escape. It happens, but then again; prolonging endgame to last second, waiting for some teabags, a last chance of strobing + a pinch of toxicity in summary chat. Love it :)

Im not butthurt from tbagging, but i feel sad for people doing them

Some swfs are actually nice. When I had a killer on his worst map. And as they saw that i really struggle, at the endgame they either wanted me to hook some and as i declined for fairnppay, they decided to wait with me in a trial that timer expired. respect to those

• StarLost

It's a fair idea. I wouldn't mind some lesser form of Kindred being baseline for solos - but I don't think BHVR would bite on it (they've always been resistant to treating the two differently on a mechanical level).

Totem counter...you mean a numerical indicator or something like Small Game? I find my hexes get cleansed way too often as is, which is why I've moved away from using Ruin almost entirely.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 716

I think a great start to buff solo without buffing SWF would be to make a map wide Bond base kit, aura changes colour when they're injured, and see the killer aura within 8m of the hook - then delete or replace Bond Empathy and Kindred, which aren't really used by SWF who already have that information through voice comms most of the time.

I still don't think this would make solo as strong as SWF but once this is done to close the gap between the information the 2 have, they will be able to give killers some much needed love.

Problem is atm that if they buff killers to combat SWF then solo gets screwed, if they nerf killers to make it fairer for solo then SWF dominate. I don't think they can do much balance wise without hurting solo or killer without closing that gap between solo and SWF first.

The MMR idea is a good one, but it only works against teams who play together a lot and punishes higher MMR survivors who team up with lower MMR survivors. I have a lot of friends who barely play this game because of the difficulty they have and as I play quite a lot (performance problems not withstanding) they really suffer if we get a killer who knows how to play around the same level as me.

• StarLost
    edited November 2021

Eh.

I'm fine with survivors seeing each-other.

I'm definitely not fine with them seeing the killer aura. Being able to tell where I'm heading post-hook is crazily strong information that should rightfully take a slot. Even SWFs don't communicate that perfectly.

EDIT: I don't think it would punish this situation, as all that would happen is that the average MMR of the group (which is how SWFs work matchmaking wise) would be slightly inflated.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

What I mean by buff solo q is exclusively solo q, idk, put kindred basekit at least.

They don't need to buff including swf's cause technically you'll play SWF to have comms anyways.

My most optimal Build to help my team is kindred,Bond, BT and DH just for a little gimmick for me. But kindred and Bond already are included in your average SWF team so.. I'm wasting 2 slots Just because I don't have friends who play.

• GoodBoyKaru

Totem counter...you mean a numerical indicator or something like Small Game? I find my hexes get cleansed way too often as is, which is why I've moved away from using Ruin almost entirely.

Yes, because Totems vs solos and Totems vs SWFs are two almost entirely seperate mechanic. Once they're on an even playing field then you can superbuff Totem spawns and the cleansing/blessing mechanics

• StarLost
    edited November 2021

I'd be reluctant to do the former because BHVR have a tendency to drag their feet when it comes to stuff like the latter. I'd worry that you'd be completely gutting hexplay with the faint hope of hexplay being buffed in the distant future. If these were going to happen, they'd have to happen together. And that doesn't feel likely.

As things stand, some maps can spawn your totem on a hill directly in front of a survivor spawn and next to a gen. These are things that have never been fixed and thus likely won't be. Which is a sad trend (see: Haddonfield House of Pain).

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Astounding logic. Nobody wants to play against SWF. There is no problem with SWF.

• Kurri
    edited November 2021

I look at it this way. Why are SWF so strong? Communication. How do we close the gap between Solo and SWF? Communication. Should we add in game voice chat or proxy chat? No. Are you bonkers? Last thing we need is some 12 year old telling me about my mom all game.

This would be enough

An in game quick message system, and to avoid spamming the messages. Make a 10 second cooldown between messages.

• StarLost

Yeah, this feels like the most reasonable solution on the solo-end of things. I wouldn't be surprised if this was added in the near future.

• GoodBoyKaru

If these were going to happen, they'd have to happen together. And that doesn't feel likely.

As far as I know, and as far as I've seen, this is exactly how everyone wants it done??

An in-game ping system would be ideal, and I'd absolutely love that, but let's also not forget exactly who we're talking about needing to create it here. They'd be more likely to do things relating to existing mechanics than creating new ones imho, especially when the new mechanics aren't related to new DLC.

• StarLost

Sure.

But just because everyone wants a thing/agrees that it's how it should happen is no guarantee that this is how it'll happen. That sort of change would be a massive shake-up to the game at a pretty fundamental level and would need to be done very carefully.

I just think that there are easier solutions, like the aforementioned pings and emotes.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

ask why nobody wants to play against SWF, mmmmm, thinking 🤔

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

Identity V is on a totally different level. Both killers and survs are very OP there. You would have sprint burst, adrenaline burst, vault burst, pallet burst, flare guns and shoulder tackles to stun killers, magic books, decoys, clones and what not. 99% killers just facecamp in that game and everyone in chat there seem to have made peace with it.

Well if there is one thing that survivors are entitled to, It is "surviving". It is like Rick Grimes from TWD would say "We know what needs to be done and we do it, We are the ones who live." 😋

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

My suggestion:

Different mode without mmr where swf is allowed so there are two modes.

First is basically old pre mmr dbd mode where swf is allowed and second is competitive mode with mmr and without swf.

If queue times in any mode are too high, side this mode lacks will get big bonus bp for playing it, so if killers want some bp they can willingly play this mode where swf is possible, or you can just play regular competitive mode to be sure you'll never meet swf again.

So players who needs bloodpoints will play against swf and players who just want balanced games will play this wild mode

• coolmacc
    coolmacc Member Posts: 70

All these killers stomping on solo q survivors and casual players with sweat builds before mmr. Now they’re getting placed in matches at their skill level whining that survivors won’t roll over and die. Flashlight saves are a thing look at a wall when you grab or bring lightborn, want to stop body blocker bring star struck killers need to adapt their play styles

• Kurri

That had nothing to do with the quick message system.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

"True. But if nobody wants to play against SWFs, that probably indicates that SWFs just have too much of an advantage."

Eh. Most Killers are just super-sensitive when they lose. Especially when they win more than they lose. And SWF is the scapegoat for them.

Said Killers will probably have a joy if they can decide to play against Solos only, just to suck against those as well.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 716

This clip was taken during the Halloween event that just finished, and yet Hexes are not supposed to spawn in survivor line of sight lol :')

If that's not in line of sight according to DbD then I just don't know what to say; the pause btw was me laughing at how ridiculous the situation was :')

To your other reply to my previous comment, that makes sense. I think even just making regular Bond basekit would be a great start as at least it would be easier for solos to find each other, even if it wasn't map wide. They could maybe move Kindred to Dwights teachables instead or something.

The ping system idea like Apex sounds great too, but would of course require a lot more work and change than some of the other ideas we've all thrown about in this thread.

Honestly anything would be a great start; so we can begin to improve the lives of both solo survivors and killers, both of which can be pretty rough at times as things are <3

• Smuk

So you are okay with having it place? Perks and tactics, sure im okay with that. But abusing voip seems okay?

Then lets make it at least even and killer can constantly see survivors aura 🤷‍♂️

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
  • VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

The only issue with that is SWFs would still use Discord or another voice chat outside of the game. A proxy chat that's always on and cant be turned off is unfortunately the best way. But until the Devs actually deal with this issue in a sensible way that's ACTUALLY a balance I'll just back out of lobbies that have 3 or more SWFs if I dont feel like dealing with it.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

If you’re complaining about flashlights then I genuinely don’t know what to say. Only worthy complaints about flashlight are macros which are obnoxious but gameplay wise, they’re fine.