The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What Are Challenges You Find Impossible?

As a killer, I really struggle with any hooking in a basement challenge. I think I've done one two hook challenge, but then have another 5 hook challenge that I find impossible and am going to have to skip and move on to another tome.

As a survivor, it's stunning the killer. I can never outrun them. I'm not a looper. I'm no good at finding pallets. By the time I reach one and turn around to drop it on them they've hit me and I've hit the ground. Every time.

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Some Adepts feel nearly impossible, especially with the frequency of DCs right now.

A few killer dailies just make me go 'nope'.

There's a handful of challenges that are hair-pullingly frustrating, especially when survivors are uncooperative.

A few tricks for both of those:

• Hooking survivors in basement: Bring Agitation, Iron Grasp and Starstruck if you have it. Makes this one fairly trivial unless you get a run of maps with bad basement spawns.
    • Stunning the killer: run perks that let you see pallets and the like easier. It's also dependent on maps. If all else fails, bring an offering for The Game. That place will almost always get you lots of stuns unless you get matched against a Nurse or something.
  • ManOMaker
    ManOMaker Member Posts: 284

The ones with characters I don’t have

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

Perform co-operative actions. I cannot do those for the life of me, no matter how I play or what perks I use. I absolutely despise these challenges and they're genuinely some of the worst ones they make.

Not as bad as Heroic Virtue, but it's close.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

For those, I use the perk where within a certain distance they can see the aura of the generator you are working on and that usually gets them over there and does the trick!

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited November 2021

The Game offerings are excellent for stunning (and it's also brilliant for the 'hide in the killer's terror radius' ones). But yes, killers are starting to learn how to bait/force pallet drops much more consistently now. Some of these challenges may need a tweak. Anything that requires your opponent to do something specific will generally be really frustrating.

I haven't seen it for a while, but there was one that required you (if I recall) to repair 4 generators in the same trial. As in, you had to finish off all 4 yourself. That was just silly, and I avoided it.

The 'hook 4 survivors in the basement' is very difficult (the hardest part is doing it without someone DCing...took me ages), as is (oddly) the ones that require you to kick the same generator multiple times in the same trial.

• Pizzasauce
    edited November 2021

YES I just finished the four generator one this morning actually. It was tough, but I did it. (I actually did it twice because the first time I did it was without the perk equipped, oops.)

• GoodBoyKaru

Old better together? Situational Awareness now I think? tried it, nobody wanted to :(

Blast Mine seems to be my best bet for this happening, so that became a staple of my main build lol

• Pizzasauce

Yeah, situational awareness I think it is called. That's sad and poor teammanship i'm sorry. :(

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,044

Complete 4 gens in one match. It's fine if you have a SWF. I don't.

I'm also never going to get the 'kill all 4 survivors in the basement' challenge because I'm not mean enough to try for it.

I really hated 'stun the killer x times in one match' because red rank killers were too smart to pull that on more than once or twice a match. MMR's made it considerably easier. Still, it's frustrating when so many killers in the roster are ranged or semi-ranged; you can't even try with them or you're just going to get hit.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392

"Complete 4 gens in one match." Almost literally impossible. Gave up and not even gonna try it.

Stun the killer I guess is hard too...? But not really... Not like that BS challenge that should never have been in the game... >.>

• Laluzi

It's the 'stun the killer 4x in one match' that's really a problem. The killer needs to be either incapable of learning or running Enduring/Spirit fury.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392
  • BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 917

Plague challenge hit 2 survivors with a single stream of red vomit twice in a single match.

The worst ever imo was tome 1 stun the killer 4 times with a pallet in a single match.

Plague is slightly easier since you can AFK by a red fountain and hope the survivors get that you just want to farm that challenge. The 4 pallet stuns in a single game took me 3 or 4 days to get. Since it's impossible to pallet stun certain killers or it has to be some new baby killer player. Only reason I got it was cause the killer just wanted to farm and I even changed my name to "tome 1 4 pallet stuns"

• Laluzi
    edited November 2021

Hah, I did the same thing once - got desperate and changed my name to 'I need 3 stuns pls" for the "3 stuns as Jane" one. Still took me like 25 matches to find a killer that'd take pity on me. I'll never forget you, Mr. Puddles.

Definitely not looking forward to the 3-stunner in today's chapter. How many times must I bring Smash Hit...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

The Sore Ankles challenges. It's very map dependant and half of the time I'm never near a high place to fall off of while in a chase.

• Pizzasauce

Yes! It takes forever! It's very "right time, right place."

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 917

As long as it's not specifically "pallet stuns" I don't mind throwing a game to land a stun on the killer. Head on, DS, Blast Mine and self care and wait until they got you first THEN throw the pallet. One of the few challenges I have fun with.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

As killer, probably getting 2 end game timer collapse hook sacrifices in one trial, believe that took a while. Hillbillys' chainsaw down two survivors within a minute, chainsaw down a number of times in one trial. Plague's dark devotion challenge.

As survivor, any blind challenges for me, i have to resort to flashbang. Being the last one to escape a Trial while the 3 other survivors leave (No one leaves the gates till the last possible second i find or they die to killer beforehand. Elodie's power Struggle challenge.

• Pizzasauce
    edited November 2021

Ugh, I haven't done any of these and I'm dreading all of them. I've only had one successful hit with Hillbilly's chainsaw, and have never even played the Plague. As far as the blind challenges go, that's also a hard no for me as I've never successfully blinded a killer. Me and flashlights just don't fit together. Also, I hate being the last to leave because if I'm sticking around I feel like I'm taunting the kill and I'm not trying to give off that impression.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

almost any that require other people to do stuff.

Like have others escape before you, or unhook during the end game.

Anything that makes solo Q a nightmare.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Any of the fall from a great height cause the game is really picky what a great height actually is

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Skilled Huntress trophy on PlayStation. Hitting long range shots is already hard enough on controller, but so many maps have tons of LoS blockers that make this even harder, and we have a lot of indoor maps now. Also, I try to farm this after the survivors have won and are running around the exit gates and so many of them are just dicks and refuse to let you down them from a distance.

Evil Incarnate trophy. I've been trying this off and on for weeks now and survivors just go in a locker to deprive you of the achievement.

I had to farm the Plague hit 2 survivors with one corrupt purge twice challenge

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Getting the hacker off my stream.

• GoodBoyKaru

If it doesn't say "With a pallet" then perks like DS, head on, and blast mine also work.

Idk if you know or not, just in case not that may help.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

i actually got all of them done.

but I think there were some killer specific ones I farmed for ( don’t remember exactly but very likely at least Huntress and Oni)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Anything to do with the Trapper

There are a few others... but that's the biggest one for me

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I imagine a Twins rift would be quite rough too when that eventually comes.

"Hit four survivors with Coup De Grace in one trial."

"Down a survivor within 60 seconds after Hoarder detects them, do this 2 times"

"Hit 2 survivors with Oppression at the same time"

*Shudders*

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

I mean, we never had challenges THAT restricting

They would probably be something like:

Hit four survivors with a lunge while using Coup de Grace (like, having it equipped does the trick)

Down a survivors while they are holding an item 2 times while using Hoarder

Have a survivors miss a repair skillcheck 2 times while using the perk Oppression (this one would be the worse one, but Huntress Lullaby, Unnerving presence and Doctor would help)

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I can't complete one survivor challenge. Escape as Elodie with Ultra Rare item.

I plunder every ######### chest twice and I never get item with quality more than very rare. It's so annoying.

I tried to bring ultra rare item at start but I failed to escape. So now I need to prestige Elodie to find more ultra rare items. But I don't want to spend bloodpoints on her for now.

• Pizzasauce
    edited November 2021

I can't seem to complete a challenge when it counts. When I don't have the challenge selected, I can get iridescent emblems all day long. With it selected, "What's an iridescent emblem?"

BTW, any tips on getting iridescent emblems? ;P

Post edited by Pizzasauce on
  • Chu
    Chu Member Posts: 3

I´ve done all old Tomb´s but i struggle with one quest in Tomb 2-III because of the Hatch nerv, escape 2 times with a key is nearly impossible now... You have to bring a key, the other 3 survivors must die and escape and the killer has to close the hatch now.... It´s not even an master quest because it was really easy to get this before the nerv...

• Pizzasauce
    edited November 2021

Never mind it! Had to break my no-tunneling rule a bit though. Felt like an #########.

Post edited by Pizzasauce on
  • selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Any of the challenges that are unhook x amount of survivors that unhooked you earlier in the match. Bonus points if it's twice in one match.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited November 2021

Not unlocking for me. DS stun, Head-on stun, and a pallet stun. Didn't complete. 😥

edit: got it with three pallet stuns on the Game.

Post edited by Mr_K on
  • Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177

When you have to complete multiple action within a single trial. Especially hard as survivor since you are competing with 3 other players to do the task before they get to it. Example would be complete 3 gens in one trial. Other players finishing the gen first doesn't count towards your task completion. 5 gens total can be done per match. 4 survivors. Task needs you to complete 3 of the gens. Do the math. Takes forever to find a match where all other 3 survivors are preoccupied with whatever else, plus killer is somehow not constantly chasing you off the gens or downing you. That's a lot of stuff that has to fall in line to make that challenge happen

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

All of them.

Challenges are sentient and hate me.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,553

I’ve had unreasonable difficulty with the “stun so many times” challenges. There are a few in the last tome that I still haven’t completed. It has come to the point where I had to become what I despise—throwing every pallet in sight.

Also, when I try for it, I almost always go against killers that play around pallets. It’s an ironic uptick in Huntresses, Legions, P-Heads, Nurses, all the lot.

I only got the current stun challenge because of an utterly oblivious legion.

• Pizzasauce

Currently struggling with damaging/breaking 15 generators/pallets. Any advice? I've got to 14, but can't seem to get over that hump.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

If I pick recent one, downing two survivors with single use of Trickster's Main Event.

Overall, challenges you need to complete in single game are def harder and annoying.

Like "stun 3 times" "sacrifice 4 survivors in basement" IN SINGLE TRIAL is terrible design and most people will agree.