Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

COH change and talking about boons in general

Saitamfed
Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello everyone. How's it going? Have you been vaccinated yet? How's COVID in your area?

I've seen some post speaking about one of the new boons and it's that, when something new is introduced, it is expected that it's not really balanced, after all, it's brand new and should change it, so I've been thinking on how to change it without being a nerf and came with an idea. Remember this is just an idea, and it can change or be tweaked, not because I say "this should be like X" you can say "it won't work" , sometimes a number tweak can make it useful... anyway, let's get to it.

First of all, this will be a change for all boons... they should have tokens. Why? Because a killer can't rekindle a tote, whereas a survivor can rebless it... generally when we speak about balance, we try that both the killer and survivor have the same chances or similar chances...If a survivor can rebless or change the bless location it's not too fair for the killer. Is it? Either have a limit on how many times you can bless a totem again (with a token limit and/or with a cooldown) or let the killer be able to rekindle a totem (hex:pentimento is not the same, as the perk works rekindling yet you can't rekindle another hex). Why? We know that hexes are supposed to be a risk reward situation for the killer, but for survivors you don't run the same risks... yes, you can tell me "but if you're not in the boon radius you don't receive the boon effect"..., that's true but it's not a risk as per se, the boon will remain there. Right? And even if the killer kicks it, you can bless it again since the killer can't destroy a totem. Right? So, in terms of balance a killer bringing an hex and a survivor bringing a boon. Which one has more to lose? I think is riskier for a killer.

Now. I think COH is a strong perk, even for a boon. First it should be locked up to certain amount, killer hexes have those locks and it's because if they didn't have it, they'd become too strong.

With that in mind I think about this change

COH has a bigger radius (64 meters) but it should be 25% of healing bonus and since many survivors can bless a totem, we can make it stackable up to 75% which is a big amount, but the stack cannot and won't exceed a 100% which means if I have Botany and another healing perk, they'll stack until 100% What do you think?

And about boon shaking the meta. Is it alright for having a change in the meta? Yes, it is. Is it good to "shake" the meta by making even stronger perks? No, you need survivors to have strong perks but not OP. Let's talk about DS usage, I've seen lesser matches with DS users at high ranks. Why? Because it is not exploitable anymore or not as much.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments