The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legacy should return

kingsparda97
kingsparda97 Member Posts: 11
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Imo we have reached a point in DBD where they are cranking content out to a point to where we barley get to breathe anymore and enjoy it, which makes the grind harder and harder with each chapter being around the corner from the next. Imo legacy should return but in a different way ik a lot of people get touchy about this topic and some people even think having legacy makes them better than others. But it would be nice to see platform based legacy colors. Switch:Red, PS:Blue, Xbox:Green, PC: orange.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• my_name_jeff_69
    my_name_jeff_69 Member Posts: 95

I feel like if you bring Legacy back (which I don't think should be done), you'd have to make it extremely hard to get.

The reason why Legacy exist in the first place is to reward players who P3ed characters back when the bloodweb was one of the worst aspects of the game.

If you'd bring it back, you'd have to make it one of the hardest things in the game to make the OG Legacy Players not feel cheated. As well as making it a visibly different color from the regular legacy.

• kingsparda97
    kingsparda97 Member Posts: 11

I like this idea I'd also like to suggest removing the cap off BPs to help since it's a different version of legacy.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Mine is. RGB baby.

The thing is, people back in the day had no incentive to Prestige. They played the game, suffered the enormous Bloodwebs, and Prestiged because they genuinely enjoyed the game, wanted to support it and see it succeed.

There was a very short period of time (a couple of weeks iirc) between the announcement of Legacy and the cut off date. The majority of players who have Legacy didn't Prestige specifically for it, but for the reasons I mentioned above.

Making Legacy a permanent reward for Prestiging removes literally everything unique about it. It just becomes another piece of Prestige gear, just glowing instead of blood. Removes the whole point (wouldn't make sense to be called Legacy either), and just spits on the players who actually earned them back in the day.

The only players who should get Legacy now are ones that actually used to have them but lost them to the glitch you mentioned. No one new should get it because that would defeat the whole point of it being 'Legacy', and fortunately the developers seem to agree with this assessment (as they have mentioned time and time again over the years).

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,426

I believe it should be the same Legacy, within the same circumstances.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,426

As I've said, my friend, this suggestion isn't mine.

However, if actual OG players supported it, I believe it should be introduced like this.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

I don't like the idea of bringing back the legacy outfit. It's unfair to the people that did obtain it legitly and that enjoyed the game when it was dark times.

I want NEW things. What about creating outfits to players that expent x hours or that reached certain achievement with certain killer/survivor?

Just an example.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Steve and Nancy Legacy will never return.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Nah, It's a great way to spot cheaters before a match.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

Steve and Nancy Legacy never existed outside of mods

The only characters you could get legacy for are: Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly and Nurse for killers. Dwight, Meg, Claud, Jake and Nea for survivors.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

The only reason why people want legacy is because of its exclusivity, people want things that they can't have.

The moment you release Legacy to every one it won't be special anymore. It would just be another cosmetic

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Giving everybody legacy would only work to say F**k you to everybody who earned it back in the day. Don't be so selfish. And jelly.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Then how would I be able to spot hackers and queues to dodge?

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

What is legacy?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

How was prestiging supporting the game and wanting it to succeed? Like, did you have to pay money to do it before?

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Can anyone explain to me what legacy is?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Is this legacy? First time I ve seen it today, he even hard tunneled me so I could had better look <3

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

Maybe after hitting P3 and reaching the level 50 again, they are special challenges inside the Blood Web. But I bet patching this inside will break the game again.