Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

As A Killer, Do You Prioritize Information, Regression Or Offense?

StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Or do you take a more balanced approach?

These days, I'm leaning more away from regression perks in general, as I find that a lot of the time, Ruin can be inconsistent and if I'm struggling enough to want the regression, Pop is of limited help.

Instead I'm leaning more towards an information heavy, maximum offense/pressure build and just straight unga-bunga'ing it. Nothing gets people off gens like two people on hooks.

LP+Plaything+Retribution+BBQ/Discordance is probably my main build on any non stealth killer right now.

On stealthies, it's usually LP+Devour Hope+Retribution/STBFL+Monitor/BBQ

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

BP. I prioritize BP.

On all my killers I run BBQ + Distressing + Beast of Prey. My fourth perk these days is Lightborn, which prioritizes avoiding annoyance. If I replace one of those perks with something else, it's usually replaced with Whispers.

• StarLost

Interesting.

I've played around with Distressing, and I don't find it gives all that much BP for what amounts to much harder chases. It's maybe 1-2k difference tops, after BBQ. If I'm not hitting them and hooking them, I'm not really earning BP.

The only time I'll use it is occasionally on Doctor, when I want to do a cheeseball Starstruck+Agitation game.

I usually have more luck with offerings+BBQ+Cenobite/Doctor (reliable BP farmers).

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I find that perks that stall the survivors seem to be quite effective

Deadlock is probably one of the best perks we've got in a very long time for prolonging the game.

No Way Out is also an incredible perk.

• agonizing
    agonizing Member Posts: 176

A little bit of all. Generally at the level of gameplay I’m currently at, I can’t afford to play a killer with weak chase potential and good gen defense, or good chase potential but weak gen defense.

I will usually run killers with high chase potential, some form of gen defense, and maybe surveillance or discordance from time to time.

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

Corrupt Intervention, Dead Lock and No Way Out are reliable game delay perks. Should be enough to kill survivors, and perhaps combine with NOED to finish the rest.

• StarLost

NWO is brilliant, but I find that I have to pair it with NOED to really make it work.

Deadlock...man. I loved it for awhile, then I had a few games where it resulted in the final 3 gens popping at almost the exact same time which lost me the game.

CI...yeah.

I really like using it, but I've been having more luck with LP recently.

More and more survivors just end up playing hide-and-seek or doing totems and all that it does is waste time early. Every now and then I'll get an early hook out of it, but I'd rather have something more reliable.

It is pretty awesome when they don't try this though.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited November 2021

Its shocking how much time plaything buys you as killer. I took it off and games went 10X faster and i didn't get any sneaky shots in. Put it back on and i get closer to survivors before they run away or just straight up grab them off a gen or totem.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    edited November 2021

fun.

if I'm feeling sweaty, I'll play twins (best equipped perk being bamboozle, so...)

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

I love No Way Out, especially when there’s just one survivor and I slam the hatch shut. Just stand between the gates, and the moment one of them gets touched you get an alert and immediately know where they are. Despite that there’s synergy with NOED, I think it works wonderful on its own and definitely helped me secure some kills.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I was going to say offense but I looked at my perks and realized I have information perks on almost all of my killers. I very much enjoy knowing the flow of the map. If I'm running pop I'll stop and kick a generator but I generally prefer to chase the survivor that was on it, etc.

• StarLost

On it's own, it's a solid perk unless you are facing an SWF.

With Retribution, it can be incredible. Especially on any killer with traversal or instadown abilities.

• I'm kind of weird and I like having a perk for different things... so I have a combination of information, offensive and killer specific perks usually

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

BBQ, No Way Out, Pop/Scourge Hooks Of Pain depending on the killer and a random perk, also depending on the killer. Gotta get them BPs with BBQ no matter who I play.

• StarLost

Scourge is such an interesting perk. If the benefits were a little better or a few more Scourged hooks spawned, I'd definitely run it more.

• AVoiceOfReason

Yeah, for the amount that is does, there is a good chance that the hooks won't be able to be reached. Honestly, it should be a minimum of 6 hooks since the value isn't very high but I do love it. They never guess that healing causes them pain >:D

• StarLost

I've been thinking about trying a build with Agitation+Scourge+Thanato. It's probably way more interesting in theory than it'll be in practice.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Information if I am a strong killer, and gen regression if I am a weaker one.

• AVoiceOfReason
    edited November 2021

My build for Trickster is Scourge: Gift Of Pain, Thana, No Way Out and Bamboozle. It's disgustingly good. Don't tunnel or camp but also don't let them breathe and get free unhooks if they're in the open and running while I'm running away.

(edit: changed I to I'm)

• StarLost

Bamboozle on Trickster...that's certainly going to surprise people. I'd have gone with Agitation or something, I really struggle to get people to the right hooks on time without it.

• AVoiceOfReason
    edited November 2021

If you put enough pressure on them, they won't want to get near you lmao. I went from Ash to Iri 3 in 2 days. Double pipped every match with a Merciless each time. Bamboozle to block long loops and gets you into the chase faster, so you can pelt them with even more knives. Never let up. His strength is in quick chases. The faster you can down them, the sooner you can chase another. They try to heal rush, they get penalized. They don't heal, they get penalized.

• StarLost

Huh.

I may have to try that.

I almost never run Bamboozle, as I struggle to get much use out of it once they know it's there, but it's certainly worth revisiting.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Regression.

It's the only thing I can't directly control.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311
    edited November 2021

Regression? Never heard of her.

offense? Never heard of her.

BP? Bbq, beast of prey, distressing, noed

edit: on Doc, Legion, or Pig EZ max points. Can even let survivors leave and end the Match quickly due to no regression and still walk away with tons of points.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021

info

i like yo j is bdir

Post edited by Tr1nity on
  • StarLost

Pig?

Interesting.

I really struggle to earn on her unless survivors are giving me easy ambush hits.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

slowdown/regression, Information, Offense in that order.

Lately I have traded straight regression perks for perks that slow things down rather than regress.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474
    edited November 2021

Information and regression

yes that means ruin undying tinkerer bbq everyones favorite least favorite build some of or most the time

• StarLost

Yeah. I'm really starting to see the value of secondary regression via pressure rather than straight regression.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

I don't run heavy regression perks. perks like hex: plaything are a really nice counter to boon totems, they are forced to stay oblivious, break, or boon the totem but at a slower speed. Survivors really hate being oblivious.

Other than that just aura/chase perks, enduring, bbq, thrilling tremors. take your pick.

ofc ruin undying is stupidly busted strong, but you don't need it to do well. even against a full meta swf.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I'm comfortable with General builds rather then specific (but my Killer's are all over the place so) On Pig I run: Oppression- Surveillance- Corrupt- Whispers

On Huntress I run: Iron Maiden- Discordance- Corrupt- Whispers

On Hag I run: STBFL- Corrupt- BBQ- Whispers

On Spirit I run: STBFL- Discordance- Corrupt- Whispers

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Where do we categorise Plaything?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Offense, I typically run anti pallet or chase builds. When I first started, I used regression to learn the game and then realized I needed to improve my tracking, so I used information builds. Now I feel I have a very good grasp on the game and can just have fun.

Sometimes it fails and they immerse themselves into a gg ez baby killer. And gen rushers will rush gens. So those games rarely last too long. But that is fine, keeps me lower mmr where these are less problematic.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I use stalling perks such as no way out and corrupt cause regression perks just don't do well anymore.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

My current main build is quite offensive... but... it is a Legion build. They can get away with a lot less info and slowdown because Frenzy gives tons of both. Current build is Agitation, Coup De Grace, Brutal Strength, and Eruption.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I use End game build, so i think its count as Offensive.

It can go randomly from 2 hooks into 4k. Usually get tbag asking for chase, because they finish 4Gen right after I finish setup traps.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Depends on the killer.

Snowballers I go for info.

Set up, a mix between info and slowdown.

Meh killers I go for whatever is on my mood atm.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I prioritize not playing the game

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I use game delay perks, most agressive perks are garbage.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Bbq, corrupt, one power synergy perk, a wild card

• asirirsprime
    asirirsprime Member Posts: 100

As a killer I'd like to know what perks survivors picks. Could help prioritize targets with boons and without DH or strike

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

offense is intelligence gathering and gen defense. they can't be separated

killers good at down survivors are not forced to equip gen interrupt perks

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Offence for m1s, information for top tiers

I don't like that much stalling/regression perks

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

It depends on the killer, but I usually prioritise balance. I've been trying not to use Ruin/Undying as much, since it tends to get cleansed pretty quickly and only gives insane value on killers that have enough mobility to pressure people off gens anyway, so I'm still experimenting with exactly what I want my regression perks to be.

On Wraith, I've taken to running Pop and Brutal Strength, with the logic that I'd already been running two perks for regression so I might as well pick a second/backup perk that'll also help me in chase as well as helping cut down on how much time I have to invest in gen regression. That's only right now, though, I'm still experimenting- though I doubt I'll take Lethal Pursuer off him, nor BBQ, which are the other two perks.

On Myers, I run Lethal Pursuer, Plaything, Surge, and the last one gets swapped around a lot. Plaything is good for him- nobody expects a silent Tier 3, haha.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Offense, as Twins I make use of Charlotte and Victor's mobility by harrassing the survivors evenly so it's a nightmare for them to repair. Drags the game out so much, especially when I make the 3gen happen, and the only regression perk I need to use to pull it off is Oppression.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Depends on the killers, but generally speaking regression>instadowns>chase>information.

90% of information perks can be made up for with game sense and experience. They can be useful, but their impact wanes as you gain experience on killer.

Chase perks can be good, but the killers who typically make the most use of them also have the least amount of gen pressure. Think Trapper, Pig, Legion, etc. Chase perks also get countered in many instances by survivors playing well. For example, I'm throwing every pallet early once I see a killer has Enduring. Spirit Fury will probably never proc.

All of that is why I tend to favor regression and instadowns. Survivors have to massively alter their game to play around NOED/No Way Out and Pop/Deadlock.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Depends on the Killer but the majority of my Killers use a combination of 1-2 Information and 1-2 Regression perks. Sometimes I switch 1 info perk with a fun perk like Devour if I feel like it.

Some example builds:

Blight: BBQ, Shadowborn, Pop, Erruption

Nemesis: BBQ, Corrupt, Pop, No way Out/Monitor

Oni: BBQ, Corrupt, Pop, Infectious