Hide Killer Perks until end game

Hide killers' perks and add-ons in end game tally screen until killer leaves the entire match. The minute one players dies our leaves a match all that information is passed to everyone in the match, but we all know that. I'm repeating something that's been asked before. And it's not a great advantage for killers.

Comments

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    edited October 2018
    In parties, a survivor killed or escaped can read killer's perks, add-ons and offerings and inform their mates, and it's not fair... The solution is not quite simple, because parties run on PS4 servers, not Behaviour's, but if some survivors entered the lobby in SWF mode, it's probable that they have a party, so they should be prevented to read the killer's equipment until the end of the trial.

It's not necessary that other survivors, who have not used SWF mode, are subject to this restriction.
  • Entità
    If the Community agrees, we can ask the Devs to implement this guarantee of game fairness.
  • Entità
    Mmm... does the Community agree? XD
  • blonde_b
    blonde_b Member Posts: 15
    People who play the game enough, already know what perks the killer has, while in game play. It’d be better, if they spent time figuring out a way to keep the killer, from camping hooked survivors! I’m certain the camping aspect, is far more common, than the telling of killers perks, aspect. I’m not sure how it gives the survivors an advantage, by knowing the perks. If they know you have a nurses calling or BBQ and chili, knowing that, isn’t going to help them! But this is obviously, JMO. 
  • VladaArmy
    VladaArmy Member Posts: 7
    We dont need that you can find out easy if he has bbq and nurses and for noed i always do all 5 totems so thats that 
  • redjasper
    redjasper Member Posts: 143

This isn't so much a big change, but it's nice to have... It's just the same as new players receiving tips about who the killer will be or not. This is such an easy fix than something like camping. It's just something they can switch off and it not ruin the whole game. It's just an extra thing, not a big change. It's just a switch off and then they can all go on with their priorities after.

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    There are a lot of suggestions and discussions like these and I agree that the killer perks should be hidden until last survivor escapes or dies. No idea why it's taking the dev team to make it happen when it obviously ruins the game for the killer.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    And it's a huge swf nurf
  • Alonzo

Yes its a SWF nerf but I don't really think the dev's knew it will have such a big impact on the game as it does now. I really hope they will hide the killer perks until last survivor dies/escapes. Gives the killer a fair chance.

• mudbloodwolfie
    mudbloodwolfie Member Posts: 37
    So what you’re saying is that your match is no easier with at least one person dead? So in the scenario they werent destroying dull totems and then they start because they know you have noed, you would be against them stopping their gen rushing to do so? Im sorry but it just looks to me like another insignificant thing we want to nitpick about for not getting our way in matches. A good survivor counters these things regardless if they know or not by hiding in lockers for bbq, healing out of terror radius for nurse’s, busting totems for noed, etc. Distortion tells you what a killer is running easily IN the match, we going to fix that to? This doesnt really solve anything. If swf is your issue, this isnt the solution.
  • Alonzo

You are just wrong. It makes it way less easy for survivors to play around the killer if they know what perks the killer is using. I been playing survivor and killer and I know exactly what I am talking about. And that after over 700h playing both surv and killer.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

The people saying this wouldn't help are all people who do this. Kinda easy to spot them out.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I don't think it is going to happen.
    Not all survivors are swf. Those that play solo would like to know what they played against.

• mudbloodwolfie
    edited January 2019

The people saying this wouldn't help are all people who do this. Kinda easy to spot them out.

And kind of easy to spot out low rank killers because any high rank knows survivors already counter perks. Or, you know, the facecamping/tunneling killers that target a single person to get one kill in early game somehow because that is the only time this newfound knowledge would hurt the killer.

It will also never fly because streamers play a huge part in the game and they want to know what they played against by end game and arent going to sit around watching other players just to see.
    Post edited by mudbloodwolfie on
  • starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

@mudbloodwolfie said:
    Captain_Spaulding said:

And kind of easy to spot out low rank killers because any high rank knows survivors already counter perks.

It will also never fly because streamers play a huge part in the game and they want to know what they played against by end game and arent going to sit around watching other players just to see.

So, make the hiding only apply for SWF teams, and applies only until every member of the team is dead. Problem solved. If they're streamers playing SWF, either they're watching their team after they're out, or if they die early and want to leave the match, they can have the people they're playing with tell them afterwards.

Or they like cheating by having their SWF team let them know the killer's perks.

Secondary, less good option: Seeing the killer's perks deprives you of the ability to spectate the match, which is another way SWFers can mildly cheat,.

And there are plenty of perks that routinely surprise even high rank survivors. Like blood warden, which I've only seen survivors play against when they know the killer is running it, because it's too much fun for many people to teabag at a gate when the killer death-hooks somebody and can't possibly get anyone else. Or a well placed Devour Hope totem. One person in the team dies but it hasn't popped yet to the Exposed level, they can warn everybody.

• mudbloodwolfie
    edited January 2019

So, make the hiding only apply for SWF teams, and applies only until every member of the team is dead. Problem solved. If they're streamers playing SWF, either they're watching their team after they're out, or if they die early and want to leave the match, they can have the people they're playing with tell them afterwards.

Or they like cheating by having their SWF team let them know the killer's perks.

Secondary, less good option: Seeing the killer's perks deprives you of the ability to spectate the match, which is another way SWFers can mildly cheat,.

And there are plenty of perks that routinely surprise even high rank survivors. Like blood warden, which I've only seen survivors play against when they know the killer is running it, because it's too much fun for many people to teabag at a gate when the killer death-hooks somebody and can't possibly get anyone else. Or a well placed Devour Hope totem. One person in the team dies but it hasn't popped yet to the Exposed level, they can warn everybody.

Like i said, the real issue is swf and this suggestion doesnt save that skill gap. There are many other suggestions that can be found within this same forum that do though.
  • Alonzo
    edited January 2019

You proly one of those guys that is playing SWF and use the end game screen to give that info to your team mates. Otherwise I can't how you don't see any benefit from this.

Post edited by Alonzo on
  • postmortem
    postmortem Member Posts: 1

this would actually be useful. they could implement it for swf such that when the last person from the group leaves the game, all the people in the group will see the killer's perks. that would solve the entire issue.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I'm for this. It isn't fair to killers that survivors can ghost them like that. If doing it only for SWF is too complicated, we could always just do it for everyone. So that if someone wants to see the perks, they'll have to wait until everyone is out.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yes. We definitely should keep this discussion on the top, until this is fixed.

• mudbloodwolfie
    Can we get a mod to delete as this is currently in ptb??
  • Alonzo
    edited January 2019

Removed the ability for Survivors to view the Killers perks, add-ons and offerings in the tally screen during an on-going match. Killer information will be revealed once all Survivors have exited the match.

Guess its in the PTB. Looking forward to see it in live games.

Thank you dev's.

• Alonzo

@EntityDispleased said:
    Nah I don't think they'll be adding that anytime soon.

It's already confirmed.

• Deebo
    Deebo Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2019

It should only be for SWF groups. I'd like to know the perks as soon as I'm dead, rather than have to wait an indetermined amount of time.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

This has been done, but I agree it should only be for SWF, b/c frankly I'm not interested in sitting around waiting to see their loadout and thus increasing the chances of ending up in their room again only to be tunneled and camped again by the same killer.

• fluffybunny

@HURRI_KAIN said:
    This has been done, but I agree it should only be for SWF, b/c frankly I'm not interested in sitting around waiting to see their loadout and thus increasing the chances of ending up in their room again only to be tunneled and camped again by the same killer.

No, it should affect everyone. We don't know how easy it is to implement otherwise and it only really affects those who just feel like whining about any change. If you don't want to be in the lobby of a certain killer again, just block them. You were probably gonna wait around to flame them, anyway. Doesn't change anything.

• starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

@fluffybunny said:

@HURRI_KAIN said:

No, it should affect everyone. We don't know how easy it is to implement otherwise and it only really affects those who just feel like whining about any change. If you don't want to be in the lobby of a certain killer again, just block them. You were probably gonna wait around to flame them, anyway. Doesn't change anything.

It should be easy to implement. The only reason they say they didn't is because they don't currently keep track of who lobbies in a SWF or not, but they should be doing that anyway, for many reasons. And it negatively impacts plenty of people, not just 'whiners'... new players, especially, who often learn a lot from checking the killer's perks after they get killed early ("Oh, so THAT'S how they found me.")

You've never really advanced any good reason why it should affect everyone, just "it might be hard to do" which isn't really good enough.

Btw the only way to "block" a killer is by using an outside app that IIRC, the devs don't approve of at all.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@HURRI_KAIN said:

It should affect everyone because you can just add the SWF and tell them the Killer's perks.

• fluffybunny

@starpilotsix said:

@fluffybunny said:

@HURRI_KAIN said:

It should be easy to implement. The only reason they say they didn't is because they don't currently keep track of who lobbies in a SWF or not, but they should be doing that anyway, for many reasons. And it negatively impacts plenty of people, not just 'whiners'... new players, especially, who often learn a lot from checking the killer's perks after they get killed early ("Oh, so THAT'S how they found me.")

You've never really advanced any good reason why it should affect everyone, just "it might be hard to do" which isn't really good enough.

Btw the only way to "block" a killer is by using an outside app that IIRC, the devs don't approve of at all.

As a solo player, I don't mind loosing my ability to see the perks until everyone is out if that means SWF can't abuse knowing perks that haven't activated yet. If newbies wanna know the perks, they should be staying until the end, anyway. Watching other people play and seeing what works and doesn't work is part of learning the game.

Blocking them on steam seems to work fine for me.

• HURRI_KAIN

@fluffybunny said:

@HURRI_KAIN said:

I'm on console, How do I block a killer? I'm not aware of this option. I do know that once you reach rank 2 on PS4 killer lobbies are terrible, every other one either steamrolls 3 person teams or DCs, I've gone from one pip away from rank 1 back to beginning rank 2 and back almost daily because of these issues. If the killer DCs it shouldn't affect the survivors pips.

• HURRI_KAIN

@Orion said:

@HURRI_KAIN said:

It should affect everyone because you can just add the SWF and tell them the Killer's perks.

I think most of you on here are on PC, it's not near as easy to add people to groups on console. That's one thing that could definitely be improved.

• fluffybunny

@HURRI_KAIN said:

@fluffybunny said:

@HURRI_KAIN said:

I'm on console, How do I block a killer? I'm not aware of this option. I do know that once you reach rank 2 on PS4 killer lobbies are terrible, every other one either steamrolls 3 person teams or DCs, I've gone from one pip away from rank 1 back to beginning rank 2 and back almost daily because of these issues. If the killer DCs it shouldn't affect the survivors pips.

There's articles on how to do it online. I'd assume it'd be the same as PC, but I don't have a PS4, so I wouldn't know. I don't believe it affects the survivors pips on PC when killer DCs, but I dunno about PS4.