Solo Players - Do YOU struggle with NOED and view it as a problem?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

As it's becoming a hot topic again, it'll be nice to see how people feel.

My answer - Not at all.

Comments

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

No, not remotely. I barely ever see the perk and often when I do see it, it does nothing because I just leave the map instead of staying around. I guess it sucks if I am the first one downed and didn't know, but that's so rare as to not be worth thinking about.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

No, but I run Detective's most my matches ^^ Hex perks are rarely an issue.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

originally it was not hidden, but from a certain point it was changed to not inform except for myers level3 or haunted ground

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited November 2021

No. If I get hit by it, meh. If I see it proc, I'm out

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Yes, as a solo, not top tier survivor it is hard to deal with it. (Can't trust your teammates).

And is very bad feeling when you played well the whole game and then get hit by it unexpectedly.

And I commented a lot on it recently.

Some change is necessary.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I don't get bothered by any perks because it's a perk and part of the game so it's whatever to me at this point

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444

I play solo survivor all the time, most of the time I bring in small game or any other totem tracking perk. Look I get the totems out of the way first.

If I forget to do totems no big deal. If noed appears, then it's on me and my teammates for not doing the bones.

I honestly play more killer and I honestly agree that noed is a killer 2nd chance perk. As it is a high risk and high reward perk. I believe it shouldn't be changed

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2021

I'm struggling more with my teammates and the map rotation as NOED

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I think in general people wouldn't be bothered by NOED so much if they started to look for it as a team.

It's Just like when a killer has Ruin and it's literally just me looking for the totem before doing any gens.

But since I play solo, you can't expect things to Go as simple as a "look for totem, use BT and DS and things like that"

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Don't try to cleanse all totems. Cleanse the hard ones/ the ones near the exit gate and remember where the easy ones are.

Cleansing one totem and remembering 2 of the others already has a 50% chance of finding noed. Without any input from you team and a 14 second cleanse from you

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I don’t mind it personally. The killer plays with 3 perks most the match anyway

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,295
  • Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

No. Even when I die against it which is so rare to even care about it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

NOED can be annoying sometimes, and I've died plenty of times to it (solo queue, baby), but it's quite manageable by taking note of where the totems are earlier in the trial and going back to cleanse them if NOED pops, and also by identifying in advance whether a killer is likely to have NOED. Do I already know all four of their perks or is there a blank spot, were they relatively weak, were they facecamping or 'afk', are they using the frosty eyes cosmetic... etc.

I have no issues with NOED in its current state.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Not anymore. I can finally say "Do bones" to killers, thanks to Boons.

• Cant say I've struggled against NOED in a long time. Not since I first started playing and had no clue what it was. Now I do bones anyway just in case I dont get too many good chases in with the killer.

I just dont understand why bones count towards boldness and not survival...

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

Solos should be able to handle NOED just as well as SWF, but they don't. All they have to do is split up and look for it, instead of trying to save the person on hook while NOED is up and then complaining that the perk is what got the killer 2 extra kills.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

It used to be a duration thing. Once all gens were completed it lasted for X amount of time. They made it a hex perk so you could destroy it or prevent it from ever occurring.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I don't mind noed. Most of the time you can already tell a killer has noed. And most totems spawn in general locations, so it's easy to check.

And I do bones anyway for the easy 1k points.

But I can understand the feeling some people have when they get hit with noed though. Sometimes it DOES feel undeserved, but in my experience most of the time gens got slammed and we got what we deserved. And tbh, how many downs does a killer really get with noed? As soon as the notification pops up, the noed is gone in like 30 seconds.

• SloppyVoldemort

While I do understand where you're coming from, you can't blame killers for running noed to get them a bit of an advantage in the endgame when gens got slammed hard (and because the killer chose the wrong person to chase in your case). I see noed as one last attempt for the killer to save face from that round.

But if you have a competent team, the noed is gone in 30 seconds and you can get saved with BT (and if you run DS you got 2 chances to get away, with DH even 3).

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited November 2021

As a solo survivor, I don't struggle with NOED, but I simply don't think the perk is healthy for the game. You could also argue that it could be messing with the kill rates, which could cause BHVR to refuse to buff certain killers that rely on NOED. The perk is reasonably annoying for other solo players, though.

Soooo, here's my idea for a NOED rework (I'll just copy and paste it from another thread I posted it in):

If I had to change it, I'd probably make it so that the survivors are cursed by NOED at the start of the trial, and in order to deactivate it they must destroy every single dull totem on the map. After the 5th gen gets done, each time the killer downs a survivor destroys a dull totem. If at least one dull totem stays on the map, the killer has the opportunity to kill the survivor (which takes time to do). If the killer downs a survivor with only one dull totem on the map the killer no longer gains the ability to kill the survivors because NOED gets deactivated. Survivors have the ability to destroy the NOED totems to remove NOED after the 5th gen is done.

Oh yeah and the killer will have the ability to see how many totems are on the map at any time since it will have a token indicator.

This change would essentially turn the perk into a slowdown perk and a risk-reward (if they don't do bones and instead manage to escape) perk for the survivors. Now that they know that they should do the bones, it'd actually punish survivors for not doing all bones, and still help them if they cleanse a few. I'm not sure if this change would make NOED overpowered, but as a downside to it, the perk would be hindered by other hex perks since hex totems won't count as NOED tokens. Boon totems will also not count as NOED totems.

I like the concept of NOED, a perk to encourage survivors to cleanse dull totems, but the execution just ain't right.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited November 2021

I don’t mind noed at all, I think more killers should run it. everytime someone doesn’t do well while playing killer, I say he should’ve been running it. especially because it would’ve at least got them a kill.

it’s easily counterable by just finding the totem - so not an issue :)

• SloppyVoldemort

I don't think Dead Hard is healthy for the game and here we are... It got buffed because the validation always is in the survivor their favor. If they change noed, they should change DH as well.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I see NoEd probably once every ten games.

Do bones

• glitchboi
    edited November 2021

Oh no, I 100% agree. Dead Hard is just as annoying as NOED, in fact I'd argue it's more annoying than NOED. Both perks are second chance perks, so it's a fair trade.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Nope, I can easily find 3 totems just traveling between gens.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772
    edited November 2021

Like I said, my issue comes more from how it feels than the strength. I'd prefer they being something that doesn't feel so... Cheap to deal with. It just doesn't feel good to face, and the fact that it is more effective vs solos than swf (just objectively it's better vs them due to being much more likely to activate) is the icing on top of the cake for my vehement dislike of the perk.

Probably not Tinkerer level of hatred but it's close. I really hate the perk because of how it feels but I completely accept that it does have counters (even if they're much more effective in a swf) and it isn't a good perk.

I don't blame the killer, I blame the perk for being outdated. And I blame myself for being so annoyed at the perk, too.

You said you saw where I was coming from initially so I hope that makes sense?

Edit: Oh also I hate DH so I never run it lmao ######### that perk

Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I don’t struggle with NOED as a solo player.

And i’m really starting to get exhausted from these NOED threads.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I’m sorry if that sounded harsh I really shouldn’t have said that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247
    edited November 2021

No and no. I don't even think it's impactful enough to warrant "doing bones". It takes a severe series of misplays on the part of the survivors to get snowballed by NOED.

If I get downed by NOED, it is what it is. That could happen at any point in the trial with any other instadown perk/mechanic.

If a teammate gets downed by NOED, I do a quick sweet of the totem spots in the area and play it safe. Don't greed the exit gates or play aggro. If I can't get the totem and save, I get a gate safely and leave. If the killer leaves the hook to pressure a gate, then I make a judgement call on saving.

There's zero reason to be bunched up out of position at endgame. If the killer has NOED, you'll get snowballed. If you're all injured, you'll get snowball. If they don't have NOED and you're healthy, they need two hits to down you anyway. In any case, THERE'S NO REASON TO BE OUT OF POSITION MILLING ABOUT NEAR THE GATE.

Have some game sense, people. There's so much more to playing survivor than running a jungle gym.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

Used to be a problem for me once upon a time. Not anymore.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Sure, if they buff NOED as they have with dead hard. I'd suggest removing the totem aspect, like original NOED.

• glitchboi

Eh, the totem aspect is the best part of the perk in my opinion. It's the only perk in the game that encourages survivors to cleanse dull totems, even if the execution of the perk is rather... flawed.

I'm not suggesting to buff NOED, I simply want both NOED and Dead Hard reworked.

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

No.

I’m pretty content if I’ve reached endgame. NOED is just a comeback.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

You rework something that is broken, bugged or is a design flaw. NOED and Dead Hard are none of these.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 492

I'm I'm solo player 98% of the time and I have no problems with NOED at all.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

Noed really isnt an issue. Ive been playing survivor a lot more, specifically solo q. i usually find the totems by luck and then cleanse/bless them. if i dont and theres noed and the killer is facecamping or im the last survivor? i leave.Not every game needs to be a 4 man escape

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

NOED is perfectly balanced I love the Dev's.

• xili84
    xili84 Member Posts: 130

As a solo main. No problem. Just do totems. Killers resort to this perk cause people keep rushing gens. Stop rushing gens. Instead do 1 gen and do 1 totem along the way. If everyone does this... The problem is almost already solved before it starts.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Dem Bones Dem Bones

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Tbh. I think noed is fine. So many counters to it. Whiny little brats are the real menace. "I got chased for 5 gens...but got downed and killed cause of noed. Nerf noed" or their favorite excuse: "noed is unfun". When i play solo surv. I bring anti totem perks. Just to make sure a killer doesnt have noed.

Hell one of my favorite combos right now are inner healing desperate measures. Always have an item. Always have a heal.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

So what you're saying is that solo q needs to use perks and items to counter noed, while swf gets it for free.

It was the same thing when people complained about spirit and people just said "bring iron will".

• xili84
    xili84 Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2021

You do know you don't need perks to cleanse totems right? ... RIGHT? The man just gave tips on how to make it easier.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

Weird. I thought we were discussing NOED and not Spirit.

I'd kindly ask that any whataboutism be kept at home.