A Solution for Tea-bagging

Ripley
Ripley Member Posts: 866
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Has anyone played Aliens: Fireteam Elite? You cannot crouch unless against a wall, in which case it snaps you too it. This way the crouch can't be abused.

Another more extreme idea - time spent crouching at the gate is calculated to deduct points from that survivor.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

This however would remove some counterplay against killers like Hag or Pyramid Head. It would also force Urban Evasion to a rework.

I don't know, tea-bagging is annoying, but I'd rather have a survivor lose distance by tea-bagging in front of me than having a head start after dropping a pallet.

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177

I think teabagging is the least of our concerns for dbd.

Besides, it's just a gesture issue. Only thing hurt by this behavior is pride and feelings. Just learn to ignore it. Or better yet, join them with your own gestures for the lulz.

Also, there's not much in the way of in game communications for players on consoles which is why teabagging, or butt dancing as I prefer the term, is also developing into its own form of sign language. The more you play, especially as a survivor, the more you will pick up on subtle likely. Meanings or intentions behind individual butt dances.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Someone got tbagged at a gate... What's next where gonna make it so killers can't hit survivors on hooks. Or can't look up and down so they can't nod.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

T bag is the last one of the problems in the need of a change right now.

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250

The simplest solution to t-bagging is to just attach a status effect to it where crouching and standing rapidly induces Hindered or something like that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

There could just be a "cooldown" on it. You shouldn't be able to crouch and uncrouch 15 times in 4 seconds. This would definitely help ranged killers who need to throw over things to get hits.

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177

I just played a match as killer.everyone escaped at same exit gate right after ceremoniously butt dancing for me. I sat there looking at them from the gateway. Then I moved on with my life and queued for another match. It was that easy.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

It's really childish. Childish to do it and childish to let it bother you. They're not even teabagging you technically. They're rubbing their taint on the ground. Who knows what disease and bacteria these survivors carry?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766

"Psychological warfare if you're feeling extra dramatic"

I implore you to use your eyes further than the first two words you see.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,622

So if a killer keeps nodding at you while you are bleeding to death or on a hook while he already won or during a match isn't toxic too for that kind of logic... Cause it's actually harmless and it's a psychological warfare that too... Meh, I'm unconvinced tbh

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Bad behavior on both sides is ridiculous. However, survivors tend to be childish more often, especially, if they ran through gens in 5 minutes.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

I don't think it particularly helps anyone that only one side can do any sort of gesturing (sort of wiggling around and hoping that your head accurately conveys information. Or whacking bits of scenery).

And literally half of what people can do with it is "taunt killer".

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766

"Is only done to be aggrevating" yes. It sucks to be on the receiving end of it, but the entire purpose is to piss you off.

Hitting on hook, however, has the added gameplay bonus of losing you the trial basically by default vs le SWF whilst ensuring that one single survivor will receiving no enjoyment or Bloodpoints from the match.

At least vs tbaggers you can still play the game :/

Both of which are annoying but can't really be "solved" in any logical way asides from everyone simultaneously deciding to be a good person. And we've all seen the types of people that play this game; we have less chance of having MMR removed and replaced with something that actually functions in a semi-decent way to make the game fun again than we do of that happening.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

in which case it snaps you too it.

Inb4 new survivor tech by spamming control it keeps snapping you forward at a much faster pace then normal running.

All to fix something that doesn't have any impact unless you want it to have one.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Omg stop being so pressed about teabagging Jesus Christ!!

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99

Stop being extra sensitive.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Here's your solution to tea-bagging: don't be a snowflake.

• CremelloJoJo
    CremelloJoJo Member Posts: 76

Just stop allowing it to get to you. It's a video game.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Honestly, teabagging is a valid psychological strategy in this game. It angers the killer and causes the killer to chase you. I play killer half the time and know better than to chase the survivor teabagging you or flash-light clicking at you. They are obviously trying to control your actions. If fact, in this type of game, mindgaming is a very massive part of this game. If you are falling for teabagging and flash-light clicking, you are obviously not as good at the game as you think you are.