The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should charms not be locked to specific roles?

Azx
Azx Member Posts: 14

For the first time, a charm showed up in the Rift that I felt personally excited about. I couldn't wait to unlock it and add it to my hook.

However, it turned out to be a Survivor-only charm. I can't use it as Killer. This is painful to me.

I also noticed one of the coolest-looking charms in the Rift right now is Killer-only. I'd assume this made someone sad as well.

I feel like charms having role restrictions is really unnecessary. It just seems to arbitrarily stifle potential expression. Is it just me?

Should charms not be locked to specific roles? 57 votes

Charms you've unlocked should be permanently restricted to specific roles
5%
FairyyTailNoOneKnowsNovaSsajbambusa 3 votes
Charms you've unlocked should be available for you to use regardless of who you play as
94%
SnakeSound222GibberishBlueberryKaanaMiriamGbrokedownpalaceanarchy753TragicSolitudeAven_FallenReikoMorimusstang62RougualMrPenguinFreddoDinkle_De_EGlamourousLeviathanRobotfangirl67idcdiscordanceFilthyLegionMain 54 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Charms you've unlocked should be available for you to use regardless of who you play as

I don't get why charms are restricted to certain roles in the first place. It seems very unnecessary.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Charms you've unlocked should be permanently restricted to specific roles

Guess I’m in the minority. Although I think some should be changed (like the gg charm) I think majority are fine the way they are, it would be a bit weird to have a survivor run around with a bucket of fingers for example.

• Azx

Well, what you're really saying is that you would feel a bit weird if you were running around as survivor with a bucket of fingers. That's fair, to each their own. But if I saw a survivor with a tiny [insert any charm here] at their waist, I wouldn't think it was strange. I would assume it has some meaning for them or they really enjoy the design. Either way, it would serve as a more accurate expression of that player.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530

I think B.H.V.R. will not become poorer if he gives everyone a chance to enjoy any talismans

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Id like to use my Killer ones on survivor but if a survivor main sees it while we do co-op actions they might tell me to end my life in the post game chat and ddos me.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

also, Pride pins shouldn't take up a charm slot. also, there should be more pride pins. and pronoun buttons.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

^ THIS! This this this this this.

I'd like having the Trap-o-Lantern charm on my Trapper's hooks and having Dwight wear the little Dwightcrow. But I really really really want Mr. Puddles on my hooks. That one being a survivor charm broke my heart.

I should also be able to put the Tamagotchi charm on my hooks. I mean, dude. C'mon.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I don't see a reason to restrict them. The devs said it was weird for killers to have cute survivor charms on their hooks, but, like, it's weird that there's a charm economy in the Entity's realm. We're willing to suspend our disbelief on that because we know it's just players expressing themselves, so why not let them use any charm they want?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

Seriously, what kind of evil, soul-devouring Entity tortures people into killing for it but is then like, "Oh, hey, you know those hooks you use for sacrificing humans? Go ahead and decorate them like Christmas trees." Charms start off being ridiculous.

Charms on survivors are extremely small. I'm not saying take charms away from survivors: I'm saying that we should be able to appreciate all charms and their details by placing them on hooks.

• Azx

Exactly my sentiment. It's pretty clear that the charms are designed for players to express themselves. It doesn't make sense to arbitrarily restrict someone's ability to express themselves when they're playing one character and not another, based on which specific kinds of personal expression the devs deem to be "weird" for specific characters.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

also, there shouldn't be a limit to the number of charms you can wear.

• Azx

Imagine if the devs gave everyone an unexpected holiday surprise by removing this restriction within the coming weeks 🙂 That'd be pretty nice of them.

• Charms you've unlocked should be available for you to use regardless of who you play as

Every day I think to myself: Why the hell the Mr. Puddles charm, which is a killer cosmetic, is a survivor only charm?

It doesn't even make sense.

• Azx

Since the last time I checked this thread, I've come across several newer threads making the same request:

I also noticed this much older thread making the same request:

This seems like such a simple change that would make a large number of people happy. I wonder where the apparent resistance of the devs comes from. I don't believe it's really "survivors will look weird if they have such-and-such on their belt" because that's not true.

Charms are just a way for the player to communicate a small part of their personality. That shouldn't be arbitrarily restricted like this.