What Does The 'Thumbs Up' Do In Postgame?

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I get that you are supposed to rate players you enjoyed playing against - but for what purpose?

Is there some way that they can see them?

Is this just some sort of metric on BHVR's side?

I occasionally make use of it and then completely forget it exists.

Comments

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Nothing just funny to give a thumbs up to your fellow survivor that got Karma'd from Blood warden and he deserves it.

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177
    Options

I'm disappointed we can't see the thumbs up ratings given to us in post game screen. Why even have the choice to give props when they can't see you gave them props?.?? I used to give props til I realized no one can see it.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

As far as evidence shows, it’s nothing more than a feel good mechanic for the one who presses it.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Absolutely nothing

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,091
    Options

Nothing. They should make it so people that receive them get a little notification to add some positivity in the game.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

I imagine it's something BHVR can see while doing investigations or something. I'll always use it and comment something whenever I come across good sport teammates and killers.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

It's a useless feature. I was hoping it'd be something akin to Endorsement Levels in OW where good gameplay and positive sportsmanship cause people to level you up, thus earning you more ingame rewards but let's be honest that's expecting way too much of BHVR.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Same as report, nothing at all.

• LaChicalinda
    LaChicalinda Member Posts: 43
    Options

Its useless.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

They originally planned to do something like give people rewards for lots of thumbs ups, but never followed up on it.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

The same as the "close door" button in most elevators.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277
    Options

Occupy space on the game

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

They should turn it into a system like in Smite where you commend the players and it tells you, and if your goodwill is at a high percentage by a certain date, you receive some sort of award.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Absolutely nothing at all. Same as reporting someone for "unsportsman like behavior"