2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,624
    Options
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,812
    Options

I play on console and switched to accepting messages from friends only pretty early on. That way I can just play the game without concerning myself with any what anyone has to say about how I played. I play in accordance with my own sensibilities, and don't sweat the rest.

But I have played and watched enough games (DBD and otherwise) in my time to know that the dynamics are pretty much universal, and post game chat, much like YouTube comments, are just better ignored. But if you're going to do it, do it with integrity and respect.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 355
    Options

i get dead harded to every window/pallet - not saying gg

i get destroyed by a killer with 4 slowdown perks - not sayin gg

soo many variables in this game to just be happy with the outcome, if it was a close game fair enough.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

GG is usually only typed by the winning side. In (not so) extreme cases it is usually followed by an EZ associating "GG" with Get good or some other way to rub it in the killers face after Crouch spamming at the exit gate until the counter ticks down to 0 or the killer forces them out.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207
    Options

To be fair, there are some matches where a "gg" is more snarky than sportsmanship.

For instance, match starts, 2 DC (for baby reasons), the other 2 are trying to make a match of it, but the fully meta Blight camps and the match is hosed. It was a solo que match and the guy camped used BPS. The killer then says "gg".

Seriously, just stop it. Don't say anything. If someone is going to camp at 5 gens in a 2v1 in solo que, just take your BP and leave. Don't pretend to jave a shred of decency in you. lol

Otherwise, in most cases, it's just people who don't want to lose. More importantly, they don't know how to lose gracefully.

• OhAnotherKai
    OhAnotherKai Member Posts: 24
    Options

That's an interesting discipline I never thought of it as potentially rubbing it in I think I'm gonna start doing that too.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited November 2021
    Options

I take it as insult. Especially if I get 0k. You can't tell me gg wp. It's not ok. I did bad if I hooked only 2-3 times and got 5 boring minutes. It's not a gg. It's big BG.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    Options

better to not say anything, even a ggs<3 like one of the posters above can be perceived as rubbing the W in your face

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191
    Options

I've always seen it as bad sportsmanship to say gg as the winner if the loser hasn't said it yet, especially if the match was a stomp.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
  • Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

because they are bad losers who can't take a loss, If your being a prick and gloating like one, than you are asking for hostility but when someone starts throwing a ######### fit after GG they are the problem not you. yea losing is not fun but that's what happens when a game is PVP.

the GG Git Gud thing is a darksouls meme

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The day people start saying gg when i win beyond a rare outlier, i will change my view.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2021
    Options

Its like rubbing salt into a gaping wound you may have just cut open. They probably had an AWFUL game light years away from good then getting told "Good Game" turns into, "Yeah, I know you had a good game, mainly because it made ME wanna blow my brains out". It's like one of those poorly made *You Tried* stickers, I'd prefer just being left alone rather than fed pity or tone deaf sportsmanship. Extra points if the GGer was in a toxic team with a full meta loadout.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,902
    Options
  • Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528
    Options

i mean not really it could still be a close fun game even if the killer 4ks or the survs 4 escape

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,935
    Options

Thinking about it, if someone wins then maybe they could understand that a quick message like "gg" could easily be misinterpreted.

When I send compliments (win or lose), it's always referencing an aspect of their gameplay. That comes across as a genuine compliment more than a couple of letters and is normally appreciated.

I still maintain the fault of negative interpretation lies solely at the feet of the person receiving an intended compliment, but it is important to be genuine. If someone doesn't think the opponent played well, just don't message, or wish them luck in their next trial.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

By saying GG first, you are the one taking charge in a social situation, taking "the lead".

The Winner has no reason not to say GG, and if they do say it first, they start off as being viewed as "sporting". So it's a win/neutral for them. They get to be seen as sporting, and they won, or it's just a match if they say nothing. However if the Winner says GG first, the Loser is now socially obligated to be "sporting" by once again following the Winners lead and saying GG, or be viewed as "unsporting". so they are in a neutral/lose situation.

If the Loser says GG first, they come across as "sporting", hey they lost, but they still said GG? Well look at that. They are a "Winner" in that social context. And the Winner is in a neutral social position, apart from the Win that they just had. It's nice and even. And if the Loser doesn't say anything, well, they did lose, it's just a match anyway, and so it remains a neutral.

By saying GG first, as the Winner, you are showing good initiative, however you are forcing the Loser to follow you once again or lose again. Essentially reinforcing that they lost.