Kindred Should NOT Be Basekit

Options
Exxodus21
Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

But something like it should be. Being able to see the killer's aura is too strong for a base kit ability.

Instead I think a system that pings the killer's location for a couple of seconds, like a survivor version of killer instinct, if they're within 24 meters of a survivor and within their line-of-sight would be best. Kind of like how "Alert" works. It should probably have some sort of cool down, but testing would be needed to know for sure.

I think it should work on stealth killers too as long as they can be seen by another survivor.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

lol but all those legion buffs and many things killers are getting....yall stridor will counter iron will again lol so yeah face camping buba days need to come to an end.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

It's very strong but if they compensate with general killer buffs it's fine, and I mean big buffs because they are essentialy giving survivors a 5th perk slot.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    edited November 2021
    Options

IMO the main strength of Kindred is telling you when everyone else is on a gen or going for the unhook, so would agree with the main point of having Kindred base kit, minus the killer aura.

"I think it should work on stealth killer's too as long as they can be seen by a other survivor."

That just sounds like it'd end up being bugged, but makes sense if they could get it to work.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

It's not a fake announcement?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Heres my ideal

Survivor aura reading part of kindred becomes basekit, but if the killer is within 16 meters of a hooked survivor for 10 seconds survivors (and killer) get a sound notification and an icon that doesn't disappear until the killer exists within 16 meters of a hooked survivor (there are more details I would add to it but thats just the basic form)

The perk itself is changed to be

Shows you the killers aura when they are within 16 meters of a hooked survivor

Shows all survivors the killers aura if they are within 16 meters of you while you are hooked

If the killer is within 12 meters of you while you are hooked all other survivors get a 6/7/8% repair speed bonus

No more killer aura reading without the perk but the notification does help survivors know when a teammate is being camped to go do gens or to go for save when they aren't

• Exxodus21
    Options

Sorry but I have to disagree. It's a playstyle that imo is boring but forcing people to play in certain ways takes away from the overall fun of the game.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379
    Options

Did you just say killers are getting many things?

Umm you meant the most recent patch that only buffed trapper who's been in the base game since launch and gave legion a addon that isn't even that good

Or do you mean the wraith nerf, deathslinger nerf, spirit nerf, and overall nerf to every single killer with the introduction of boons

I swear people don't know how to get rid of their bias these days

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

They should make bloodlust a perk, same as kindred is a perk

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I don't think so, I assume OP is just responding to the commonly made argument that Kindred should be base kit.

• GrayEyes
    Options

No it's not everyone's Wilding out over Scott junds fake patch notes when he says in the video that they are fake

• Exxodus21
    Options

Yeah. It was in the fake/parody 7.0 patch notes and it sparked a few discussions about it. I just wanted to throw my opinion out there incase they actually consider any of those changes.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 800
    Options

When people ask for Kindred as basekit, they really just mean the survivor aura part.

The perk could then be just the killer aura part, maybe with a buffed range.

This change alone would be transformative for solo queue.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

Are you upset that face camping especially if your bubba main is finally gonna be put to a stop? I didnt think death slinger needed a nerf because he was fun for me as a survivor and I respected that killer,

spirit is no nerf as no ear bleeding audio queue helps when spine chill was already helping to know she is approaching before audio queue so the dust kick nerf is much needed, people who groan about strider is getting that perk buffed back for iron will count(but bite the bullet so much more better anyways)

Wraith hit box was disgusting and he really needed that hit box nerf. Big maps are getting reduced which helps killers who have pressure issue alot of help. Circle that yall moan about is being nerfed, just watch that 7.0.0 video patch notes. Also why the heck do you or jpa always wanna start fights with me or something, get off my case dude bother someone else.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Important for survivors to be able to ignore the heartbeat, red stain, killer sounds and callouts from their teammates. Why not just give survivors an active minimap that shows everything? You have a camera that allows you to magically see all around while hiding in a locker, how can we make this easier for people who really just can't be bother to play a game?

I know, let's remove all killers from the game and just call if Generator Simulator! GenSim has a nice ring to it.

Meg: "Whatareya going to do today Bill?"

Bill: "Gonna play some GenSim, it's a great game except I still have to FIND a gen sometimes.

Devs: "Here's a perk that shows the auras of gens, if you don't like doing gens, we also have a new boon totem that will do the gens for you.,"

Steve: <teabags and cicks at Bill, Meg, the Devs and a random generator>

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Anything bloodlust 2 and after can be put into beast of prey, bloodlust 1 is fine

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    edited November 2021
    Options

If Kindred isn't going to be base-line, then a scroll wheel comms system should be done so that we can make solo just as powerful as SWF, and then buff killers to be able to compete with both equally.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i wouldnt mind it being basekit under certain, relatively specific requirements.

here's my suggestion:

When the Killer remains within 16 meters to a hook without leaving for X seconds (needs to be enough time to kick some things and walking away without activating it) and there are no Survivors within these 16 meters or currently in chase, the Killers aura is revealed to everyone on the map and their action speed gets increased by Y%.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I like this until the gen speed thing. if someone's camping, genrushing is the counter already. also, it could be abused by having one person go loop near the hook.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Yes it should.

• GrayEyes
    Options

Ik your banned but I wanna reply and put your nonsense to rest

First off everyone on these forums knows I main trapper I've made many posts stating this secondly, spirit did get nerfed that's not up for debate that's that's fact, thirdly that patch note vid is a joke it's fake patch notes made by Scott jund those aren't really patch notes none of those changes are going live

Also fyi they didn't nerf wraiths hit box lmaoo they nerfed his lunge distance

Please know what you are talking about before you state things as fact

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Can y’all imagine if the patch notes were real?