Trapper, Wraith, Clown, small buffs and QoL.

Options
ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I feel like these 3 Killer could use some buffs, i chose these 3 because i feel like small changes for those 3 would make them a LOT better. 

Trapper:

-Starts with 2 Bear Traps, one Bear Trap is removed from the map to compensate.(Buff)

-The ability to quickly reset disarmed Traps on the ground. (QoL)

-Escaping Traps is now a fixed channel, affected by perks and addons. 
(QoL, i think that affects both sides positively)

Wraith:

-Increase the Speed Burst to 1.5 seconds OR increase the Uncloak movement speed to the point where he can consistantly get close hits in the open with his speed burst after uncloaking (Buff).

-Is now completely invisible outside of 32m range (Buff / Affects SWF the most).

Clown:

- Travel speed of bottles increased 
(Many maps are painful for him because of slow travel, especially when multiple options or a lot of cover is involved)

- Movement slowdown and attack cooldown upon throwing is removed.

-Gas now affects pallet vaults

- Red Stain is removed while intoxicated or the Clown is within the gas himself. 
Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on

Comments

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 590
    Options

all are really good fixes, but i am not sure about the wraith his uncloack burst isnt that bad at least on my console.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

clown is alrready a strong killer, i dont know how much of these buffs he could take without being broken... and if the gas was really going to force slow vaults, that would be pretty op imo...
    i still like all of these ideas!

• That_One_Scrub
    That_One_Scrub Member Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree with all three of your proposed Trapper changes. Right now, Bag addons are way too important in terms of being at all time-efficient with trap setting. Removing RNG is cool by me, too.

The wraith...the problem with the wraith is he gets a free hit on uncloak against non-sprint-bursters, but sprint burst stuffs him in that regard. I don't think even more uncloak speed is the answer. The range limit, however, seems cool.

The clown is probably the best M1 killer in the game, plus or minus Myers. I don't think he needs any of those changes, but tge red stain idea is sort of neat.
  • bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I agree with the trapper changes. 

The wraith needs simple buffs tho: just decrease his uncloaking time and increase uncloakong speed, maybe around 20% for both?

I havent played against clown for a while, and I'm too poor to buy him so I wouldnt know if those changes are good or bad.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Options
    Bump.
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    I asked the devs about the trapper resetting traps on the ground and I phrased it "could you guys give the trapper the ability to reset traps already on the ground?" They basically said they could do it and it's something they will look into next time they look at the trapper.
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441
    Options
    I'm all for the Clown buffs. Right now his power doesn't help him enough in the sole purpose it's designed for, which is slowing down loops. These buffs are nice.
  • KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Clown bottles should've affected pallet vaults on release how was that missed lol
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Mister_xD said:
    clown is alrready a strong killer, i dont know how much of these buffs he could take without being broken... and if the gas was really going to force slow vaults, that would be pretty op imo...

Ironically, most games I have against clown ends up with him getting 1 to maybe 2 kills.
    I don't deny that he's strong, its just that he's easily punished if he cannot keep his momentum up.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    I feel like these 3 Killer could use some buffs, i chose these 3 because i feel like small changes for those 3 would make them a LOT better.  Trapper:

-Starts with 2 Bear Traps, one Bear Trap is removed from the map to compensate.(Buff)

(QoL, i think that affects both sides positively) Wraith:

-Increase the Speed Burst to 1.5 seconds OR increase the Uncloak movement speed to the point where he can consistantly get close hits in the open with his speed burst after uncloaking (Buff).

-Is now completely invisible outside of 32m range (Buff / Affects SWF the most). Clown:

• Travel speed of bottles increased 
      (Many maps are painful for him because of slow travel, especially when multiple options or a lot of cover is involved)

• Movement slowdown and attack cooldown upon throwing is removed.

• Red Stain is removed while intoxicated or the Clown is within the gas himself. 

I'm going to be honest that trapper buff will do nothing. The trapper should just start out with every trap on the map. He should be able to reset traps like you said the hit boxes needs a big improvement I'm tired of survivor just running on top of it and not setting it off and instead of rng to escape it'll take 10 seconds to escape the bear trap or 5 seconds if someone else is helping and when the bear trap is triggerd trapper gets a 10% movement speed for 5 seconds. Much better changes for him his traps are so weak right now and 90% of the time when someone gets trapped they escape like 5 seconds later and I can't get to them in time.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

I feel like these 3 Killer could use some buffs, i chose these 3 because i feel like small changes for those 3 would make them a LOT better.  Trapper:

-Is now completely invisible outside of 32m range (Buff / Affects SWF the most). Clown:

• Red Stain is removed while intoxicated or the Clown is within the gas himself. 

Trapper sure, but he will still be trash after that

Wraith, interesting

Clown, yes to everything except the pallet slow vault. First of all such an animation doesnt exist yet (too much effort for BHVR lul) and 2nd it would be too strong probably. The other stuff is fine though

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@se05239 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Ironically, most games I have against clown ends up with him getting 1 to maybe 2 kills.
    I don't deny that he's strong, its just that he's easily punished if he cannot keep his momentum up.

Clown is a killer built to counter looping, but he cant properly counter it with his gas. Thats his problem.
    Also he has no map pressure at all and simply is genrushed

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Master said:

@se05239 said:

@Mister_xD said:

Clown is a killer built to counter looping, but he cant properly counter it with his gas. Thats his problem.
    Also he has no map pressure at all and simply is genrushed

I consider him my second-to-third favorite killer so your words ring awfully true.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

Nice change.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

I agree with the Trapper changes. I disagree with the other changes. Wraith already gets a free hit when decloaking and has become a rather strong killer.
    Your suggestions for clown I see possible add ons to affect those, but shouldn't be changes to his base power. You just have to predict better where survivors are going and throw accordingly.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

As a Wraith kinda-main I would love him to be completely invisible when outside 32 meters and then becoming slowly more visible, this makes stealth with him more useful and powerful, getting close to survivors would be much easier. And as far as the faster uncloacking, yes please, it feels too slow, I'm not asking for it to be too fast but at least a little bit faster, or make it so the Wraith is slowed down less when uncloacking.

I agree on the Trapper starting with two traps, or at least the ability to carry two traps.

I haven't played the Clown yet, but he seems like he is in a good spot right now.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@HURRI_KAIN said:
    I agree with the Trapper changes. I disagree with the other changes. Wraith already gets a free hit when decloaking and has become a rather strong killer.
    Your suggestions for clown I see possible add ons to affect those, but shouldn't be changes to his base power. You just have to predict better where survivors are going and throw accordingly.

I agree that Clown probably doesn't need a buff for now, but if you think that Wraith is now a strong you are wrong, I learned how to play him and find success in most games, but it comes down to skill, his power is pretty weak otherwise, either you manage to mind-game the survivors or you're lucky and they screw up. I like Wraith right now but he can use some tweaks

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    edited January 2019
    Options

Trapper:
    Bear traps are hidden in maps on areas with high grass.
    Reason: If survivors see a trap without use they know the trapper has not setting any trap on the area.

Clown:
    The clown starts with 5 bottles.
    Slightly decreases the Reload Time.
    Redhead's Pinky Finger (rework): Survivors hit directly by a bottle of The Afterpiece Tonic suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 5 seconds.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019
    Options

Trapper:

Good suggestions. I think it would be nice if escaping traps had skillchecks, so it would sinergise with Unnerving Presence which is a Trapper's teachable. Traps should also get a little bit bigger, it's awful when survivors can somehow circle around the trap even if the placing was perfect.

Wraith:

-Is now completely invisible outside of 32m range (Buff / Affects SWF the most).

Not sure about the first point. It might be that I got used to him, but sneak attacks aren't hard to land atm. The second change is something I'd like since forever.

Clown:

I think the Clown is mostly ok. The 3rd and 4th suggestions are nice though.

• ChesterTheMolester
    edited January 2019
    Options
    White_Owl said:

Trapper:

Good suggestions. I think it would be nice if escaping traps had skillchecks, so it would sinergise with Unnerving Presence which is a Trapper's teachable. Traps should also get a little bit bigger, it's awful when survivors can somehow circle around the trap even if the placing was perfect.

Wraith:

Not sure about the first point. It might be that I got used to him, but sneak attacks aren't hard to land atm. The second change is something I'd like since forever.

Clown:

I think the Clown is mostly ok. The 3rd and 4th suggestions are nice though.

I still think the second point is necessary, it makes no sense to slow yourself down to slow survivors down too.
  • SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118
    Options

I agree with Trapper starting at 2 or even 3 traps at base but his biggest weakness is how much time he has to spend walking across the map just to pick up his traps. Traps spawning closer to the middle would be a great QoL Buff.

As for the Wraith, his FOV in cloak shouldn't block as much as it does.