The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I demand to be able to see the killer's Steam name (account) in lobby.

2»

Comments

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    tennmio said:
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:
    This used to be possible, but it was heavily abused by Survivors. It's not coming back.

Abused how?

How do you think a dodge feature would be abused? Think about it for a second.

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby if they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see how is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

Yeah I'd like that, too.
    If you meet toxic ppl and don't want to play with them you should be able to avoid that.
    I do have encountered two survivor + killer duos that always get everyone killed in the first few minutes of the game and start farming afterwards. I got them more then once only good I can at least see the survivor names to avoid them but I've ran into the same killers with other friends. Would be easier to avoid those killers (and all the tunneling camping one's that never play fair) by seeing their names.
    If you block him, it'll kick you from his lobby pretty sure. 
    I
     s
    tennmio said:
    Croz said:

@Orion said:

@Croz said:

@Orion said:
    This used to be possible, but it was heavily abused by Survivors. It's not coming back.

Abused how?

How do you think a dodge feature would be abused? Think about it for a second.

Well isn't that the thing for killers now? They just dodge the lobby if they see more than one P3 Claudette let alone steam accounts. lol

I really don't see how is this going to be abused by survivors unless you really know this killers plays a certain way you dislike or else why would you dodge them?

Yeah I'd like that, too.
    If you meet toxic ppl and don't want to play with them you should be able to avoid that.
    I do have encountered two survivor + killer duos that always get everyone killed in the first few minutes of the game and start farming afterwards. I got them more then once only good I can at least see the survivor names to avoid them but I've ran into the same killers with other friends. Would be easier to avoid those killers (and all the tunneling camping one's that never play fair) by seeing their names.
    If you block him, it'll kick you from his lobby pretty sure. 
    Unfortunately not. I should mentioned that I play on ps4. Dunno if there is any differece but I do get ppl that I blocked in the same lobby.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Why should the host not be able to dodge a game he deems potentially not enjoyable?
    Its not like he can single out certain players, he hes to clear the whole lobby and start a new one. Or kick you after a DS hits him.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited January 2019

@Zarathos said:
    Luc_ius said:

I would like to see the name of the killer in ps4 too, actually just for stupid things like daily rituals and etc, to make a deal :D. But I understand it's better to not show it as some players might attack him even before the game I guess.

Knowing the killers name will tip you off to which killer their likely playing at the moment. So if the player is playing trapper and survivours see the killers name the can all bring sabo and deny his power. Or a hag they can all bring flashlights. Some killers would be rendered unplayable if that info was readily available. 

The killer would have to switch his character which would make mastering a killer more difficult. I prefer to have my killer to remain unknown until i have found out by seeing them pass by or them finding me. 

Can you imagine how dull it would be if players knew a myers was in play. It would kill the mystery. 

PS4 isn’t the same as PC. You can’t change your name like you can Nobodys name on PS4 is going to be “Daddy Myers”. Unless you KNOW the player and have gone against then numerous times and know that they main a specific killer, then it won’t tip you off on knowing what killer they are playing.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Raptorrotas said:
    Why should the host not be able to dodge a game he deems potentially not enjoyable?
    Its not like he can single out certain players, he hes to clear the whole lobby and start a new one. Or kick you after a DS hits him.

So they see a single flashlight dodge, someone wearing bright clothes dodge, P3 dodge etc it's basically just lobby shopping for the easiest match at that point.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    MegMain98 said:

@Zarathos said:
    Luc_ius said:

I would like to see the name of the killer in ps4 too, actually just for stupid things like daily rituals and etc, to make a deal :D. But I understand it's better to not show it as some players might attack him even before the game I guess.

Knowing the killers name will tip you off to which killer their likely playing at the moment. So if the player is playing trapper and survivours see the killers name the can all bring sabo and deny his power. Or a hag they can all bring flashlights. Some killers would be rendered unplayable if that info was readily available. 

The killer would have to switch his character which would make mastering a killer more difficult. I prefer to have my killer to remain unknown until i have found out by seeing them pass by or them finding me. 

Can you imagine how dull it would be if players knew a myers was in play. It would kill the mystery. 

PS4 isn’t the same as PC. You can’t change your name like you can Nobodys name on PS4 is going to be “Daddy Myers”. Unless you KNOW the player and have gone against then numerous times and know that they main a specific killer, then it won’t tip you off on knowing what killer they are playing.

Thats my point you went against a player previously and know the killer they played last was a killer like trapper. This game since you know the killer everyone on your team can throw on a sabo toolbox with saboteur a person with a map to remove all of the traps on the map. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:
    I'd love to see who's a SWF or not but hey, we cannot all have what we want.

Except you can by checking their accounts and friend lists.

Private profile

• waffles4all
    waffles4all Member Posts: 40

@Orion said:
    This used to be possible, but it was heavily abused by Survivors. It's not coming back

l play on ps4 and let me tell you killers at red rank are always dodging the second l join the lobby with my friend, we're both red ranks and have to spend 10-20 minutes searching only for the killer to instantly leave when we join. l've started deranking on purpose just so l can find new killers.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    And I demand that you can't see my perks until the game is finished!
  • mgs2020
    mgs2020 Member Posts: 35

@Malakir said:
    Croz said:

The title says it all. They're allowed to see us and check our accounts and which items we're using and everything but we can't even tell who are we versing. I would rather dodge some players (A couple of hackers that I have reported NOTE: I even reported one of them with evidence and he's still playing and yes we have quite a few of those in South Asia also not to mention some killers with green ping yet jittery lobbies). Some people suggested to me a third party software that helps avoiding players in matchmaking. Now I'm not a big fan of third party softwares nor do I trust them which is why I'm never using this one. Also being able to see the killer's Steam account doesn't change anything about the secrecy of his strategy nor the identity of the killer they're queuing as.

Sum: I wanna Dodge who I don't likea

Killers do this all the time... Like theres no argument there

• powerbats

@Master said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

Private profile

Which of course lads to killer dodging because they can't see how many achievements you've got nor hours played. I get dodged on site using default cosmetics and no items just because I prefer to play stealthy, I don't take the campers bait and I don't do unsafe unhooks.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

Ok so i can only see 2 reasons you want this.

1. So you can dodge a killer that's kicked your ass so you can try and artificially boost your rank.

2. Stream Snipe

You can talk about "hackers" all you want but they are not that common as to require the ability to see the killers name so you can avoid. And as far as i can tell hacking survivors are far more common than killers.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@se05239 said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

It's not accurate as there are ways to fool the killer checking.
    Not to mention, private profiles.

I'm pretty sure you can tell by them joining the lobby in the same time but ok dude.

New matchmaking system, though. If you played the PTB, the lobby will now ALWAYS pop in all survivors at the same time. This is to stop killers dodging when all four survivors join at the same time.
    This is coming to live soon.

thank god!!!! now i can be toxic with my friends and not get dodged after a 20 minute wait time

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

Private profile

Which of course lads to killer dodging because they can't see how many achievements you've got nor hours played. I get dodged on site using default cosmetics and no items just because I prefer to play stealthy, I don't take the campers bait and I don't do unsafe unhooks.

Do you even play DBD at all? You havent been able to see hours for ages now.
    Also if the killer dodges a single survivor for whatever reason (even ping), then you will get kicked out of the lobby too :wink:

• powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@Croz said:

@se05239 said:

Private profile

Do you even play DBD at all? You havent been able to see hours for ages now.
    Also if the killer dodges a single survivor for whatever reason (even ping), then you will get kicked out of the lobby too :wink:

Do you even play, there's this thing called being on someone's friends list which allows you to see hours played. So yes if you have someone added as a friend or you just friend them quickly you can thus see hours played.

Yes because we all know that ping is the only reason killers dodge lobbies and not because they just want to lobby shop or a troll killer here has stated. They've intentionally deranked below 15 just so they can have easy matches against noobs.