My thought on BBQ and Chili

So, obviously Cannibal is a great killer just because of his perks. Franklins is just lovely, and BBQ ushered in a new era of dead by daylight. I really like this perk! It rewards a killer who can consistently run around, down people, and hook the entire team at one point or another. But more importantly, It gives precious, real time information about the locations of survivors currently on the map. This information is invaluable. Just between BBQ and nurses calling, It is so much easier to run around and keep up with wounded survivors instead of their team having a chance to slip away and hit the reset button.
When trying to understand BBQ and Chili, think about deerstalker. Another powerful survivor location tool, yet far outclassed by BBQ in a number of ways.
When I'm playing killer and I overwhelm a team (all survivors dead, hooked, or dying) I find myself running survivors to the outside edge just so I can see where their crawling mates are. Is it too much that BBQ reveals survivors in the healthy, injured, and dying state I find myself thinking "let deerstalker have it's niche and give info on dying survivors". But I worry if this is not merely treating the symptom and not the issiue
Say what you will about the nature of the chase, pallet and window looping or whatever, it's common sense to me that many perks are simply outclassed or next to useless. With one blood web level being relatively, and many killer add-ons being next to useless or just plain laughable, it's troubling spending a couple games worth of blood for 2 rolls at a mostly shite die.
It has occurred to me that perhaps some type of perk wish list/blacklist that the player decides could help with this issue. Obviously respective characters get their respective perks with relative ease; but it should not be so difficult to pick perks from other characters, especially after investing all the blood just to be able to have the chance to see it on my bloodweb.
For example-I wanted to run a big terror radius doctor. Distressing was not too hard to get. BBQ is always great to have. I like brutal strength on my doc most of the time. It took me millions of blood points just to get unnerving presence rank 3. it's kind of frustrating throwing oceans of blood away just so I can get bitter murmur and hex "the third seal on the doc, you know? This is getting off topic so I digress.
I'd love some insightful commentary from big boi survivors. What do you think my fellow servants of the entity? Do we need to clean house of all the dusty old perks? or should we simply accept that older perks, designed when less was known about the logistics of the game, are going to have less power that newer, more "well-informed" perks?
long chase and happy hunt

Comments

• strelok
    strelok Member Posts: 5

Is it too much that BBQ reveals survivors in healthy, injured, and dying state?

with one level of bloodweb being relatively expensive *

for two rolls with a mostly ######### die

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I love how everyone talks about the strong thing that you can see survivors.
    Remove the BP bonus of the perk and it will be rarely used anymore :lol:

• LyingHope
    LyingHope Member Posts: 12

@Master said:
    I love how everyone talks about the strong thing that you can see survivors.
    Remove the BP bonus of the perk and it will be rarely used anymore :lol:

Yeah imo both parts of the perks are nice, but if one or the other was removed it would see so much more less play.

• strelok
    strelok Member Posts: 5

I'm not saying to remove one of the parts of the perk. I am saying that no matter how far the survivor (b) may be from the hook I just put survivor (a) onto. if they are dying, maybe I shouldn't see their aura with bbq and chili. that's what deerstalker is for right?

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@strelok said:
    I'm not saying to remove one of the parts of the perk. I am saying that no matter how far the survivor (b) may be from the hook I just put survivor (a) onto. if they are dying, maybe I shouldn't see their aura with bbq and chili. that's what deerstalker is for right?

If they're dying, their game is pretty much lost anyways.

• bbbd77
    bbbd77 Member Posts: 1

Remove the BP and it will still be Cookie cutter perk for Killers. Nurses and Hillbilly are especially OP with this perk, Maybe take all killers ability to USE their M2 Ability while its active and then lets see how often its used.