Evidence of Chucky Coming Soon?

Options
Ajritoka
Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
edited January 2020 in General Discussions
In the info sheets for each Killer, I noticed that there’s a height section that mentions the Killer’s height from two options: tall, and average.

My question is; why are none of the Killer’s considered short? The Hag and The Legion are the shortest Killers in the game, yet they are considered to be of “average” height as well.

Does this mean that the devs are planning on adding a Killer that’s shorter than The Hag and The Legion? Could this mean that we’ll see Chucky, or an original take on him soon?
Post edited by Ajritoka on

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    No. Just no. 
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Cetren said:
    No. Just no. 

It'd be so funny to have a short height killer though

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@HellDescent said:
    You won't be able to see anything...I'm not even talking about reaching a hook.

That's fine if they are stronger in other ways. Like 4.8/5.0 movement. Fast and tiny

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

Give em third person point of view. Good way to play on the sneaky aspect of a doll killer.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

@Peanits said:
    They are considered average height because they are about average height for a human(ish-thing, in the case of the hag). Meanwhile you've got guys like the trapper and the clown that tower over everyone, making them large. There are no killers that are smaller than average currently, that's all.

Though I would love to see Chucky in-game one day. It would be hard to work him in though, he's so tiny and the hooks are all the way up there.

If you're comparing killer heights to human heights, then why is Freddy still "average"? The man's like 2 foot 3!

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

@NightmareReborn said:

@Peanits said:
    They are considered average height because they are about average height for a human(ish-thing, in the case of the hag). Meanwhile you've got guys like the trapper and the clown that tower over everyone, making them large. There are no killers that are smaller than average currently, that's all.

Though I would love to see Chucky in-game one day. It would be hard to work him in though, he's so tiny and the hooks are all the way up there.

If you're comparing killer heights to human heights, then why is Freddy still "average"? The man's like 2 foot 3!

Freddy is actually a fair bit taller than all of the survivors.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I've said before that if Chucky was in the game, when he grabs or picks up a survivor a shadowy figure of the real Charles Lee Ray appears around the doll and kind of mimics the movements. That solves all the issues with this tiny doll carrying survivors 3 times his size or breaking gens/pallets.

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@HellDescent said:
    You won't be able to see anything...I'm not even talking about reaching a hook.

That's fine if they are stronger in other ways. Like 4.8/5.0 movement. Fast and tiny

IMO it would be better as a 110 killer with 24m TR, as long as his power let's him move around faster somehow. I would imagine it like being chased by a crouching Pig, and if he moved super fast he would be OP. It would be so easy to just run up on survivors.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

i just wonder how chucky could toss someone over his shoulder without falling over....

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Peanits said:

Erm just shrink the hooks lol
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    Peanits said:

It would be pretty easy to unhook yourself if your feet were easily able to touch the ground, though. You could jump right off that hook.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

I feel like balance and fun aspects are far more important than realism etc. Sure animations should look good and it should not look ridiculous but I really don't understand why people make hooks or carrying survivors an issue here with chucky.

Nurse, for example, just makes a hand movement and the survivor gets hooked. When Freddy hooks, survivors get hooked below the actual hook. It doesn't matter that much.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Delfador said:

I feel like balance and fun aspects are far more important than realism etc. Sure animations should look good and it should not look ridiculous but I really don't understand why people make hooks or carrying survivors an issue here with chucky.

Nurse, for example, just makes a hand movement and the survivor gets hooked. When Freddy hooks, survivors get hooked below the actual hook. It doesn't matter that much.

Little details like that matter or else people think the devs are being lazy with their work. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Iceman said:

Little details like that matter or else people think the devs are being lazy with their work. 

I am gonna repeat my second sentence.

Sure animations should look good and it should not look ridiculous but...

Details are important but if we want to solve a problem, we can solve it. In my honest opinion, excluding a killer just because of hooks and carrying survivors is just ridiculous.

In one of the movies, Charles was taking the doll and saying things with one hand on the doll. They can make him float the survivors just like freddy with his hand or something. Just an idea that I thought in like 2 seconds. I am sure that the devs can find a better solution.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    edited January 2019
    Options

Chucky's a doll. A doll. He'd barely be the height of the survivor's knees. Imagine him trying to carry anyone to a hook, or even try and reach the hook.

Then the fun you'd have running through the corn on Coldwind trying to track survivors when the corn is several feet higher than you are. I don't think Chucky could even kick pallets.

I love Chucky, but I just don't see how he is feasible for this game.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options
    Mushwin said:

i just wonder how chucky could toss someone over his shoulder without falling over....

He wouldn’t. Chucky would use his voodoo to possess the survivor and make them throw themselves on the hook
  • Iceman
    Options
    Delfador said:

@Iceman said:

I am gonna repeat my second sentence.

Sure animations should look good and it should not look ridiculous but...

Details are important but if we want to solve a problem, we can solve it. In my honest opinion, excluding a killer just because of hooks and carrying survivors is just ridiculous.

In one of the movies, Charles was taking the doll and saying things with one hand on the doll. They can make him float the survivors just like freddy with his hand or something. Just an idea that I thought in like 2 seconds. I am sure that the devs can find a better solution.

Oh I understand what you are saying, I am just saying for the people who will be quick to backlash about the details on the killer. 

I personally would prefer more original killers than license killers. 
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578
    Options

@Sandt21 said:
    Mushwin said:

He wouldn’t. Chucky would use his voodoo to possess the survivor and make them throw themselves on the hook

ehh....chucky just wouldn't work full stop...

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Peanits said:

@redsopine01 said:
    Peanits said:

It would be pretty easy to unhook yourself if your feet were easily able to touch the ground, though. You could jump right off that hook.

Dwarf lives matter.
  • Iceman
    Options
    I’ve seen it,  I like the idea but I would still prefer original killers due to the fact that the devs are not limited to cosmetics.
  • Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Iceman said:
    I’ve seen it,  I like the idea but I would still prefer original killers due to the fact that the devs are not limited to cosmetics.
    I totally understand that opinion, but licensed killers bring more people to the game. I love the originality of the original killers, but without the licensed killers, I doubt most of the casual fan base would have given this game more then a passing glance. Let’s be real, this game had one hell of a rocky start, but I think it was the Halloween dlc that started getting more eyes on it.Come for the legendary status of licensed killers, stay for the awesomeness of the original killers.

one day, Jason Voorhees WILL be in this game. Just imagine how many new and returning players that’s gonna bring to DbD, not to mention a boatload of money for the devs.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

It would be nice to at least get one licenced killer in 2019. I can't help but think that Legion's Ferel Frenzy would have been the exact power that would have been Chucky's if they had got the license.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

@KillerRaccoon said:
    In the info sheets for each Killer, I noticed that there’s a height section that mentions the Killer’s height from two options: tall, and average.

My question is; why are none of the Killer’s considered short? The Hag and The Legion are the shortest Killers in the game, yet they are considered to be of “average” height as well.

Does this mean that the devs are planning on adding a Killer that’s shorter than The Hag and The Legion? Could this mean that we’ll see Chucky, or an original take on him soon?

He won't be added into the game due to the existence of him being about 6-8 inches, you won't be able to see as him on corn field maps and you wont be able to see him in general

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

You can't see Freddy, Piggy or Wraith in the corn field maps.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I always thought that it was Amanda and the Legion that was the smallest Killers.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    You can't see Freddy, Piggy or Wraith in the corn field maps.

you wouldn't be able to see as chucky at all, just because he would be a literal inch of the ground

• krayziek
    krayziek Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2019
    Options

Just put Chucky on the shoulders of Andy. Then you have a average height person. Have Andy throw Chucky with his knife out and if he then runs back to Andy really fast but on the way back if he is within a certain radius of a survivor then he can attack that person.

• jakey_bonez
    jakey_bonez Member Posts: 1
    Options

If they go brain dead and add chucky, we better get a "punt the doll" perk lmao

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I was thinking the same but Chucky isn't too unique. Maybe a short original killer.
This discussion has been closed.