Have you ever had a survivor be salty even though he escaped?

Options
deKlaw_04
deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

I know I already posted a thread and Ill try to not post a lot but wow. I wasn't even playing killer I was playing solo survivor and we got a three man escape in a match against scratch mirror Myers at Lery's. The Nancy called me a "dumb Jill" (I was playing with Claire by the way) sending voice messages for not going to get Claudette even though he was on death hook in the injured state and I had to body block for him and an injured jane. I was on death hook too as I won a couple of chases, Myers beat me in some and was basically getting chased all game. Point is I have never seen someone be pissed even though he escaped. I asked if the Claudette was his friend but got no answer (they were on two different platforms so idk) and I was respectful towards him too.

Best Answer

Answers

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    edited November 2021
    Options

I have seen a 3-man SWF be salty over imagined camping that got the fourth survivor killed, even though they all got out fine.

So, yes. I am absolutely certain that people will protest about things that did not affect them, or anyone they actually know, even after they win. And commence teabagging.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Yep. I had one survivor a while back who was top rank and escaped but got super salty because I mori’d his swf buddy.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,408
    Options

Yeah, I kind of demolished a 4-man on Fractured Cowshed.

One got grabbed early and they never recovered.

I dropped one on Hatch, they slithered in and immediately I got a message to kill myself.

So that was fun.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

No matter what choices you make as a killer. There will ALWAYS be someone who won't like them. Yes, I've had a lot of survivors who were salty, even though they survived in the end. That's normal in DBD and you should just accept it.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Consider this: Anyone looking to be offended will always be successful.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

that's just awful, I get frustrated but never to that level. I'm sorry to hear that. When I play killer I play as fair as possible and often give the last survivor hatch. I tunneled one Feng off of the hook but as an apology I carried her to the exit gate. Some people are just toxic unfortunately

• deKlaw_04
    Options

a yeah some people are just ruin the game with stuff like that. Wish people were more positive and that MMR would go away so that losing would not be as frustrating.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

agreed I have been playing since July so i have seen salty survivors in YouTube videos when they lose. However I have never seen that when they escape. Thats on me though now i know to expect that

• deKlaw_04
    Options

This forum is pretty cool and the discussions are going well. Thank you to the people in the discussion for being nice so far.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Yes, someone was mean in the chat after they escaped and i didn't.

I still don't know why they felt upset over my mistake.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

that is true maybe its just me but not knowing where i am at in mmr sucks. I cant tell if i am going up against good killers, with survivors its more obvious. With the previous ranking system you could tell if the killer was good and where your level was at. I was stuck at rank 8 before but with the new system im at red rank. I also just dont like the Win/lose result in mmr for both sides

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH, perfect endgame chat. I was laughing so much^^

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Yeah, usually involves them surviving and their SWF teammates not.

I once had an angry meg who managed to get out the gate (I got a 3k) her complaint was she shouldn't be escaping against red rank killers ??

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,091
    Options

I've seen survivors be salty when they all escape and killers be salty with a 4k. There's alot of sore winners that play this game.

• deKlaw_04
    Options
  • deKlaw_04
    Options

the killer one. Never would have expected that. But yeah some people are just sore winners

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,408
    Options
  • offwhiteknight
    offwhiteknight Member Posts: 172
    edited November 2021
    Options

Pfft...all the time. I had a "streamer" get salty today because I ran Lightborn on Nurse... I don't even have Lightborn unlocked on my lvl 15 Nurse that I haven't played in 2+ years until today. He also called me a "red rank" nurse in his stream... lol! Would have been embarrassing if anyone was watching. VOD btw...no stream sniping.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

Yeah whenever I play with or against a ttv I search them up to see what I did right and wrong. They usually are nice. The one you went up against was just being ridiculous

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

I have played with some survivors that just can never be happy.

If killer is losing -> he is trash etc.

if killer is winning -> he is "tunneling" "camping" "sweaty" etc.

They just never shut up till you do it for them...

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

It's not about losing, it's about how you lose.

One of my best games I actually lost.

But when you lose against multiple second chance perks, BNP, map offering and you manage to get 1-3 hooks during game? That is frustrating.

They have made it even worse with validation. Losing because you got validated 3 times in 1 game with 27 ms ping, yeah that feels deserved, right?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

all the time. when they play swf especially.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

They will be salty no matter what. Just ignore them

• SpaceTrucker17
    SpaceTrucker17 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Yea i guy got mad over me playing nemesis.....

and he escaped, too idk why he got butthurt, I didn't tunnel, camp or bm in that game either.

allegedly I tunneled him because he took a hit while borrowed time was on, dude was body blocking his teammate, wasn't even after him.

and he hates nemesis players.... told the dude to take a break. he won ad still salty af.

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 246
    Options

I'm a killer main and I normally get the most hate when all the survivors leave. Either I was too sweaty ( they all get out ) or I am too stupid and old and need to kill myself. Doesn't matter what you do, the game is soooo toxic, better to just turn off chat tbh. It really helps.

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yeah I have been salty because he tunneled me all game which if you've ever run a killer most of/all game you generally dont get much bloodpoints. Even worse in soloq if they're not on gens you dont get killer diversion for pip. So i messaged everybody with salt lol

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited November 2021
    Options

Frigging constantly.

If an enemy team has a DC and I wipe them out, but give the last guy hatch, I get called a sweatlord in postgame.

If an enemy team has a DC and I let them farm, then there's always one threatening to report me for 'holding the game hostage'.

If I play a 'meta' killer/perks, I get cussed out for playing that killer. If I play a non-meta killer/perks, I get cussed out for 'not playing normally'.

Some players, win or lose, won't be satisfied unless they can dominate every game. It's Dunning/Kreuger syndrome personified.

Sadly, this game lacks any real sort of moderation, meaning that people are basically given carte blanche to act like salty prolapsed buttholes in postgame chat.

That said, I'm...tolerant of sore losers. The people that get under my skin are the flicky flicky teabag teabag types who will run a stacked 4man SWF with a smurfed down MMR and a map offering and gloat at you when they win.

If I had a magic wand, I'd send them all to another game.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,778
    Options

Yes. I've had perfectly normal survivor matches where nothing weird happened from my POV and I thought we all had a nice time, and then one of the other survivors goes off in the chat because, IDK, I touched the door when he wanted to touch it. People are weird.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yes, many times.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,229
    Options

Survivor: Haha, you suck 'bunch of swears'

Me: Didn't I carry you to the exit gate?

Survivor: LOL, I kicked your butt, 'more swears and slurs'

Me: I literally opened the exit gate for your group.

Survivor: You suck you 'more swears'. I got out by kicking your butt

Me: You didn't notice I walked past two hooks while carrying you on the way to the gates?

At that point I just left chat. I think that person was the saltiest escapee I met; I've had much saltier from survivors who didn't escape. For context, I was doing a complete in one trial thing and, if by the third gen popping, it didn't look like I was going to complete it I just let everybody go so I could try again faster with another group.

• Tr1nity
    Options
  • Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I've had survivors be nasty in the pre-game chat.

I get more toxicity in solo-Q, before the game even starts, then I do in the post-game as killer.

• Tr1nity
    Options

Damn that ready button was so easy. Clearly it needs to get good I looped him all the way to the waiting queue.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

Yeah understand why they won’t let PlayStation or Xbox have a postgame chat. To many people ruin it. It’s just strange how someone can escape and still be pathetic

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Plenty of time one survivor escaped and they got mad at the killer because the killer didn't chase them

• deKlaw_04
    Options

That’s only understandable if the killer was camping at five gens but I’m guess that’s not what happened

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yeah, here's an example on what they say.

Survivor: "You camper"

Me: I only camp at endgame.

Survivor: "You have to camp to get a kill sad."

Me: What's my objective? It's to kill the survivor, if it's endgame I'm going to camp to ensure a kill.

They also cry if I play as a certain killer or perk builds.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

I had such a situation today. I played a rather relaxed Oni game and even did the fun thing where I ran after a just unhooked survivor for 10s without hitting him, till he stopped and turned to me; I like to do that to assert dominance, sometimes, but I definitely didnt tunnel anyone.

But I instadowned a fair share of survivors, and during the EGC they rescued the survivor on the hook, but then healed her right then and there. So I jumped right between them and downed both, garnering a 3K.

In the after game chat the Nancy was super salty and accused me of everything possible. I explained that in the EGC most things are fair game, especially if they heal RIGHT unter the hook!

Then the one person, who escaped, chimed in that I played an OP killer and that Oni shouldn't be played. I only have a screenshot from half the conversation, but this team was so salty that Oni pounded them into the ground. And my build was nowhere anything meta or OP, because I am just leveling him up. But it was somewhat amusing.

• deKlaw_04
    Options

Wow what a coincidence that the Nancy’s were salty for the both of us. Onis fun to play against

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,145
    Options

Many times. I think some players just want to make the game worse for others by being horrible human beings.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940
    edited November 2021
    Options

I don't have end game chat thankfully

The worst I've got is a message calling me trash after I unhooked someone but didn't block for them (I was just starting out). I told them thanks and they said, "Anytime," and then I sent them a winky face and they sent me back a heart. So I guess we're cool?

Oh! And I also got a rather aggressive, "HELLO????" after failing to save someone from the hook. In my defense, I fell asleep.

Post edited by Pizzasauce on