If You Had *3* Dead by Daylight Wishes...?

StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

So, you're walking through Yamaoka and find a lamp. You rub it and out pops the BHVR development team!

They offer you 3 wishes, so long as those wishes are related to Dead by Daylight.

What would they be?

For me:

• An Artist skin that turns her into an anthropomorphic crow.
  • Being able to see my MMR, the MMR of my opponents and all gains/losses postgame.
  • A substantial buff to half the killers/addons in the roster.

Comments

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218
    1. When not using him, an AI Victor would roam the map like a naked baby purple glyph and use his Killer Instinct to detect people. He could be recalled anytime.
    2. A killer who can pretend to be a survivor. I don't know how a doppelganger would work, its not my problem. I just want one.
    3. That I could change / select archive goals from the lobby screen.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Give me 50% of the profits

You can keep the other 2 wishes

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

Tough choice for just three, but I think mine would be...

• More consistent survivor spawns, whether it's always grouped up or consistently 2/2. Also don't let them spawn on the same tile as a totem.
    • Reduce the BP grind by making new killers/survivors start with three open perk slots instead of one, and removing perk tiers.
    • Vriska Serket as a survivor. (gotta throw one pipe dream in there or it's not fun!)
  • RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    • Buff Pinhead's chains/chain addons
    • Unlock perks once, use anywhere
    • to never have to play on The Game again
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234
    edited November 2021

Seeing MMR and knowing what percentile I stand at

Actual skill-based matchmaking instead of matchmaking to achieve contrived kill rate/escape rate targets. Don't stick me with brand new players when I've escaped too many times in a row and don't put me against hackers when I 4k too many times.

I guess better ethics overall from BHVR. Reduced grind, more dialogue about their decision-making and how they arrive at balance decisions, fewer blatant money grabs. We're often told "the data says this" but we're met with radio silence when we ask why they think the data is saying that. And then we end up with bizarre changes to characters (Hillbilly) that make zero sense and it's frustrating. Granted, they were pretty transparent about the "why" behind the Spirit and Deathslinger changes, so credit where it's due.

Actually, I have another wish. Kindred basekit. It's well past time for solo survivors to have information that SWFs get for free.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

-BEETLEGEUSE

-BEETLEGEUSE

-BEETLEGEUSE

That is all

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,569

-Revert the Realm Beyond entirely and delete everything related to new maps.

-Revert Freddy to his on-release version with one or two additional QoL improvements.

-Grant me command over Dead by Daylight so I can continue the reversions and additional changes in order to reach a perfect game. Or, you know, as close to a perfect game as possible.

• Danyonetta
    Danyonetta Member Posts: 98

1 - Switch Cross Progression

2 - Switch Cross Progression

3 - Switch Cross Progression

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    • Remove the All kill chapter entirely
    • Revert all realm beyond content (except for new trapper I like him)
    • Give Jeff a skin every patch to make up for his neglect

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

1 - redo all archives lore

2 - more maps for licensed realms

3 - console crossprogresion

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218

Jeff? How about some Twins skins. Give me a giant Victor with a tiny conjoined Charlotte that snorts and roams the map.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

I'll bite.

1) A survivor exhaustion perk that creates a smoke screen cloud over ~10m radius that the killer cannot see through only. A defense for all the ranged BS they keep adding to killers.

2) Camping is no longer possible. Hooking a survivor transfers them to a random hook without informing the killer of where, similar to Pyramid Head's cages.

3) Crouching three times within five seconds inside of an exit gate, blocks that exit gate for 15 seconds for the survivor that did it. Call it the 'Karma effect'.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

For every cosmetic trickster got twins will now take its place

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Hire me for the concept team

Give me 1000 Auric Cells every week

That's about it

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

... All of the archives lore? Some of it's pretty good, that seems a little excessive.

• Microchipd
    Microchipd Member Posts: 108

1 A resident evil part 2 with Hunk,Ada Wong with William Birkin as the killer with either the sewer or lab as the map 2 more silent hill stuff aswell 3 a evil dead chapter a young ash from either 1 or 2 with either linda or henrietta as the killer

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

• Sally from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre as a survivor with Jerry, Kirk, and Pam as Legendary skins.

• Rift cosmetics to be exclusive.

• A black version of Yun-Jin's long straight hair (either in Rift or store).

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    • Fix and balance all maps
    • Buffs to all killers below B tier, specially Michael.
    • Laurie's theme playing just for the killer when you're stalking a survivor.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    1. I want to be able to rotate my killer in the lobby
    2. I want to be able to teabag as survivor in the lobby
    3. I want to be able to see the other survivors rotate and teabag in the lobby.
  • Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

1) Revert the Realm Beyond (including the animations and HUD)

2) Unlink sets for original characters at least

3) Lara Croft as a Survivor

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • Don't show opponent's Grades, they're irrelevant. Instead show a rough MMR bracket (e.g. which 5% or 10% percentile the opponent is in among the MMR scores). Show your own Grade on the load out screen since it's only used for you winning Bloodpoints at the end of a season.
    • Random Select options in the character select and loadout screens
    • Either make Daily missions dual survivor/killer (e.g. "Either hit with 4 Pig Ambushes or last 200 seconds in a chase as survivor"), or have two Daily Mission tracks, one for killer and one for survivor.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

bottom one that u said is my 1st

make maps smaller is my second

nerf survivors is my third

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

1 hire people with thousands of hours playing both sides to balance the game

2 nothing else needed

3 nothing else needed.

• MoonSprout
    MoonSprout Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2021
    • make the first four hooks shared be the entire survivor team, to make camping and tunneling right out of the gate an ineffective strategy.
    • large killer buffs across the board, making "must have" addons into base kit and then making most of the "%" based addons and perks significantly more powerful, since many of them would make more sense speeding things up by 100% or 200% than by the current niche %5 or %9. Recognize the difference between a 5% move speed increase (which can easily mean increasing the important attribute, your speed advantage over the survivor, by 25% or more, in a scenario that will take up a lot of time each match) and a 5% increase in speed performing some specific action like "the speed at which you pull a shot survivor towards you as deathslinger" or "the speed at which you create portals" which has no multiplicative effect and doesn't use up a ton of match time to begin with.
    • Make perk "levels" global or do away with them completely.
  • Swoopie
    Swoopie Member Posts: 24
    1. Delete the ######### MMR entierly.
    2. Have the game sold to a competent company.
    3. If nothing works, remove the game from steam and refund all the purchases ever made for everyone.
  • lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Revert both survivor/killer models.

Revert most maps' appearance how they used to be in 2017~2018.

Ultimate reduce of grind.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,573

Rebuild the game from the ground up.

Include Emblem scores into the MMR assessment at the end of the match.

Stop the content cycle and just focus on the game's health. We have enough killers for the time being.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

Add the following characters:

-Jennifer from Jennifer's Body

-Springtrap from FNAF

-The Cult from The Babysitter

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

If I could wish for anything? Well then I'd have to go with:

1: New gamemodes. Doesn't even really matter if they're balanced at the start or not. Variety is the spice of life and having just the same old same old grows tiresome after a while.

2: Console cross-progression (it's something people have asked for, for ages).

3: Third one is much more selfish, but personally, I'd love a Bloodborne chapter. Doesn't even really matter who the characters are as long as they're semi-recognizable (By that I mean, they're not just a random enemy that you fight in one area of the world).

• DragonSlayerX67
    DragonSlayerX67 Member Posts: 36

1: nerf boons so they are actually a survivor hex and not able to be replaced

2: balance changes to weaker killers

3: a karma effect for toxic behavior

these i feel are reasonable

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited November 2021

Nerf dead hard, iron will and boons

Remove Blights exploits

Remove SWF

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

1, wish to know the perfect things to wish for and the perfect ways to wish for them

I don't know the rest until the first wish would be completed

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Can't tell, I would be banned so hard...

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

That's all you get, I got into "prison" or how they call it here for less :D

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

1) Remove MMR.

2) #RevertDeathslinger

3) Remove Overheat

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Just one and it's to add Chucky

• SuperSaiyan4GT
    SuperSaiyan4GT Member Posts: 144
    1. Bring back old Freddy where he couldn't hit you unless you were in the dream world but make it more difficult to wake up
    2. Cut Blood Warden's time by half. 60 seconds is far too long.
    3. Fix the broken lobbies
  • Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Not all of them, just a few of the observers tomes and some characters.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

2:8 mode with slower hook progression and bigger maps

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228

I wish the trickster players could be killed by survivors somehow. Also I want to be able to punch the clown. And just get rid of the gunslinger with his chain then whack attack. But then again, I don't deserve any wishes because of all the bad choices I make in the matches.

• sqmuxl
    sqmuxl Member Posts: 52

make game better. there

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

1) Replace Dev team with better people.

That's literally it. Would solve multiple issues with one change.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
    • Don't allow BHVR to ever touch Blight again, maybe nerf Alchemist Ring a bit but still allow them to remove unfair exploits like lag flicks.
    • Revert Freddy to his original power because in his current state, he basically just doesnt exist.
    • Buff Michael up to atleast High B Tier, don't care how, just get him up there, he's Michael Goddamn Myers and he deserves to be considered a threat.
  • ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,715
    edited December 2021

Fix the unknown error that is unknown. I wouldn't actually waste a wish on this but god damn do I get that error more then I'd like.

Actual Wishes

-No more Perk Tiers

-All survivors have a shared inventory since they're basically just skins anyway

-Prestige doesn't get rid of add-ons/items, only Perks

I think there were other things I wanted more then those but they're ones that came to mind first.

Edit: Loadout slots would also be a big one. Don't know if I'd trade it for one of the other three though.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

-Rewrite the spaghetti code into an actually organized system

-Create a cross-progression system between every platform (besides mobile, they’re quit different)

-Have the development team be more transparent with the community

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    1. soma chapter
    2. remove mmr
    3. change the chapter release schedule so there's more time to work on new content
  • Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

1) Quentin cosmetics

2) Solo Q buff

3) Low tier Killers buff