Hitting survivor on the hook penalty

Options
Ssajbambusa
Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
edited November 2021 in Polls

So I made a poll about flashlight clickers, here's the opposite.

To be honest, hitting a survivor on the hook is actually pretty bad idea already, because even without Kindred the survivors will know you camp and can just rush gens... or you give them free window for an unhook... so discouraging this actually benefits the killer and not survivors... but sitll:

Punish toxicity of hitting survivors on the hook by pausing their sacrfice progression timer.

Hitting survivor on the hook penalty 62 votes

Hitting survivor on the hook should pause the sacrifice progression timer for two seconds
20%
TapeKnotmusstang62GlamourousLeviathanidcFilthyLegionMainbm33CitrusfruitBennett_They1ThemGoblinStarrseeddeKlaw_04ThaRockoJahhlu 13 votes
Stupid idea...
79%
White_OwlGibberishJplanas98SacrilegeGGNekoGamerX[Deleted User]TaigaRoboMojoKingsGambittenoresaxCleviteWarcrafter4HannoncyniChrisChurchofPigCrowmanFobbogetuy45u4iuBoobaitsquiet27 49 votes

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Who cares?

Killer already wastes time doing that...

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Stupid idea...

I only do it when the survivor is being toxic and making me mad lol then I would hit them on the hook

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Toxicity is just a fact of this game and its community. If you disable certain in game ways of being toxic, we'll just end up inventing another. Theres no way to truly stop it.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Sure, and every time a flashlight is clicked or a teabag is teabagged, gens should regress.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Options
    Stupid idea...

It is the killer who wastes his time when he does that. 

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options
    Stupid idea...

That's a good time to go for the save

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options
    Hitting survivor on the hook should pause the sacrifice progression timer for two seconds

maybe.

after the first hit on hook, it's toxic, but the first is usually to prevent the horribly loud cream sfx.

maybe it'd be best to also make sure it's not abused by making it cease to function if the killer is in chase with another survivor, since that meant they probably missed.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Is it toxic? sure i guess but they are also wasting time and giving your team a great opportunity to get you off the hook

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Other

Hitting the hooked survivor 3 times lets the survivor jump off the hook dropkicking the killer in the face successfully stunning them 🙂 😂

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Stupid idea...

All this would do is make hook diving and using the survivor on the hook as a meat shield to be more viable.

Aka its terrible for everyone; by making it more viable for your teammates to farm you to death off of hook while also pissing off the killer.

• Jahhlu
    Jahhlu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yes but maybe make it only a half a second pause

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options

I have no issue if I'm hooked and the killer is hitting me on a hook, it gives the team a great chance to save me which might not otherwise occur.

• EddyStylez
    EddyStylez Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Killers shouldn't be able to hit survivors EVER because of how toxic it is. They should replace the hit animation with a poke or gentle push. I'm sick and tired of killers hitting me, it's totally unwaranted and should never of been implemented into this game. It's 2021 hitting people is WRONG, and TOXIC.

/rant

• KingsGambit
    KingsGambit Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Imagine not being able to leave a game because you made the killer mad and he decides to hit you on the hook for 15 mins

• idc
    idc Member Posts: 49
    Options

I wouldn't have it pause the timer but making the cooldown longer would help the teammates save the person if the killer is sitting there being rude

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options
    Stupid idea...

Killers would eaither just stop doing that or abusing it to be toxic for even a longer time.