Appearing Offline Ingame

Deathstroke667
Deathstroke667 Member Posts: 15
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

So its been a few weeks now that the in-game friendlist has been changed, i dont know if its the same for other platforms but currently people who are playing on offline mode on PS4 are still visible in the in-game friendlist which is pretty gross.

I thought it was just a temporary bug that would be fixed but two months have passed and it's still there. How about we revert this or add a feature that let us appear offline directly in game?

Also could we have an option to make our lobbies privates, to prevent people of randomly joining without an invite?

Post edited by Deathstroke667 on

Comments

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225

Yep I totally agree!

• Deathstroke667

Bump

added a suggestion for private lobbies

• Deathstroke667
    edited August 2020

Youre talking about the private lobbies right? I forgot you can kick people now but still i dont wanna have to do that everytime lmaoo so yeah +1

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

It'd be nice if they'd fix this.

• Deathstroke667

Im gonna try to bump this one last time.

Im surprised that theres not a lot of people replying to this, i havent seen a lot of threads about it either which is unfortunate, i wish more people in the community talked about it so the devs can think of something.

• dookmo
    dookmo Member Posts: 2

This also happens on Xbox. The DbD Devs need to either receive the status from the console or create a manual toggle for offline public status, especially for streamers who prefer to be shown offline to either practice or tryout features for a stream BTS.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161

This is a thing? I had no idea this is a thing. This is definitely an issue that needs resolving. If I choose to appear offline on PS4, games should respect that.

• Bloodmlk
    Bloodmlk Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Bumping this! Not having an Invisible or Offline option makes it really hard for me to play the game when I want to sometimes. I just wanna solo or play with my small group and then everyone knows I’m online and wants to join. Really frustrating if you enjoy your alone time and space

• EGT9
    EGT9 Member Posts: 2

Bumping this and any threads I discover that are discussing this issue. It is completely unjust to expose our privacy while in-game and it has gone on for long enough. Especially when the PS4 system allows us to use this function as a blanket for all games, and was expected from launch to perform it's intended function.

I understand there are workarounds to "discovering" whether someone is offline such as trophy unlocks in the "What's New" section, but further privacy customization within account settings can disable this and other little things that can reveal that you are not truly offline.

There are many reasons why people choose to be offline. Long day at work, don't feel like socializing/strategizing with friends, preferring the solo play experience, wanting to test builds without jeopardizing the experience of friends etc. etc. etc.. People who prefer to be offline during certain times, and situations should not be stigmatized because of the way they prefer to enioy the DBD experience.

BHVR must update the friends list with an offline option or completely redesign the friends list so it matches the current status of the PS4 user (Appearing Online /Appearing Offline) ASAP.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

This whole thread is ironic

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

Still a thing for some reason. Many games are like this too. Completely negates the appear offline system feature, which has been around since PS3/X360 days.

• BunnyKate
    BunnyKate Member Posts: 2

*coughs*

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Offline feature back then was amazing. Idk why that's so hard now..

The sad thing about DBD friends list is that you can see people who aren't even on Dbd