Creative way to fix SWF

Options
PiiFree
PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

SWFs get a lot of important information via voice communication, we can all agree to that.

So why don't we just reduce the information they get from their field of view, by zooming in the camera depending on the size of the group?

4x SWF would be almost first person view, sounds fun.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Would be an incredible effort, all animations would have to be reworked etc etc.....

Just implement ingame voice comms for everyone and balance the game around that

• PiiFree
    Options

@Master said:
    Would be an incredible effort, all animations would have to be reworked etc etc.....

Eehh... why is that? All you need to do is reduce the FoV.

@Master said:

I don't want kids shouting in my ears, that solution is horrible (see F13)

• Master
    Options

@PiiFree said:

@Master said:

Eehh... why is that? All you need to do is reduce the FoV.

@Master said:

I don't want kids shouting in my ears, that solution is horrible (see F13)

Of course there will be a mute button like in any other onlien game...... pls bro

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

@Watery said:
    You shouldn’t be put at a disadvantage since you’re playing SWF- sometimes, the killer needs to learn how to play around it.

swf puts you at an advantage, but god forbid someone suggests balancing that. I guess swf can't learn to just play around that >.>

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Nickeh said:

@Watery said:
    You shouldn’t be put at a disadvantage since you’re playing SWF- sometimes, the killer needs to learn how to play around it.

swf puts you at an advantage, but god forbid someone suggests balancing that. I guess swf can't learn to just play around that >.>

You do you then, I was just putting in my input. I get your struggles, but at this point nothing is going to be done for it; and devs are happy with it. It’s fairly annoying, I get that. It disadvantages the killer due to the fact there’s comms; but just try to take advantage of how they play. SWF are very altruistic people; if you hook a friend of their’s, they’ll go for it. Play around with it, yfm? I get where you’re coming from though. Not to say that I don’t like SWF- playing with friends is great, and since I’m a survivor, I’m a tad bit biased. But from my experience as killer, (though I wouldn’t say I’m a great killer, I’m somewhat okay), there’s times where you just need to understand that there’s somethings that you should and shouldn’t do. And since the devs decisions as of usual have been of controversy; I just think there’s somethings only the devs really want to do. Instead of focusing on SWF, focus on the base game. Work with the glitches and issues, then handle the ques shortly thereafter. I’m sorry you feel this way, however.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Nickeh said:

@Watery said:

Balancing it and destroying it because some killers just can't get better are 2 different things and most of the suggestions aren't realistic or balanced.

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Nickeh said:

@Watery said:

Balancing it and destroying it because some killers just can't get better are 2 different things and most of the suggestions aren't realistic or balanced.

It's hard to balance it when every suggestion gets torn apart by some SWFs that can't handle balance adjustments.

According to most SWFs, it's ALL about "Having fun with friends" - winning the match is not priority but I find it very ironic that as soon as they get pulled out of their comfort zone by nerfing SWFs, they play that "don't give us a disadvantage!!" excuse.

This is one reason why I despise SWF - not because they play with friends or because they play at a disadvantage but because they feel so entitled to it that it's legit impossible to find solutions.

YOU are already ruining the fun for the opposite side (just to make you realize that for once) and YOU are the reason why we can't balance it.

@Master said:
    Of course there will be a mute button like in any other onlien game...... pls bro

If we implement ingame voice communication we'd have to remove / rework half the perks that exist in DbD. If that's "less of an effort" to you then that's fine but my guess is that you just never thought that through, did you? Changing half the perks or changing the FoW slider for SWFs, what's more of an effort? And also, explain to me how this would require a total rework of all animations? Really curious how you came to that conclusion.

And I'm seriously tired of all the "There is nothing we can do about it!"

WE CAN but it would require some support from the community and since there's (roughly) a 4:1 ratio of Survivors / Killers, it's next to impossible to get that support because guess what? SWFs are Survivors.

• Deity
    Deity Member Posts: 19
    Options
    How dare you disgusting survivors play with friends?!
  • PiiFree
    Options

@Deity said:
    How dare you disgusting survivors play with friends?!

...prime example where ignorance is bliss.

• powerbats
    Options

@PiiFree said:

It's hard to balance it when every suggestion gets torn apart by some SWFs that can't handle balance adjustments.

No it's hard to balance when most of the ideas are simply remove it or buff killers to that level which destroys solo players.

According to most SWFs, it's ALL about "Having fun with friends" - winning the match is not priority but I find it very ironic that as soon as they get pulled out of their comfort zone by nerfing SWFs, they play that "don't give us a disadvantage!!" excuse.

Again no, most people on ehre play both sides and people want to have fun while also trying to win but they also laugh when they see a friend get hooked. Most survivors have no real issue with adjusting things because they want the game to be better balanced and the small vocal Ochido minority doesn't count.

The only ones using that argument are the Ochido minority and the minority of killer mains that want to use every excuse in the book.

This is one reason why I despise SWF - not because they play with friends or because they play at a disadvantage but because they feel so entitled to it that it's legit impossible to find solutions.

You should read that line back to yourself and then realize how foolish that sounded because again it's the entitled incessantly complaining and excuse making killer mains and the Ochido fanclub that does that.

YOU are already ruining the fun for the opposite side (just to make you realize that for once) and YOU are the reason why we can't balance it.

I mean obviously they can't and haven't or won't balance anything and obviously I'm the reason for that right since you said it it must be true.

No i'm not and just an fyi I'm a killer main and have been for the last several months and I don't have an issue facing swf. I have fun regardless of how the match goes and I don't run and cower in the nearest corner because I might be facing a swf group.

So stop making up excuses and using histrionics to backup a failed argument when the only ones who are stopping anything are the ones that refuse to adapt and get better.

Now let's get to the actual facts and not your made up ones and I'll even list all the balancing things they've done yet you totally ignored.

1. They've made some map tiles smaller like ahem swamp and move the Shrimp Boat to a more open area and away from the Big boat.

2. They removed pallets, windows vaults, jungle gyms, tweaked some of same across all maps.

3. They added in minimum spacing both for pallets and hooks and added in minimum hook spawn locations for each map.

4. They added a hook to the top of Thompson house.

5. They nerfed healing

6. They nerfed movement speed and made exhaustion not reset while running across all movement speed perks not just Sprint Burst.

7. They reworked Trapper, Hag, Wraith and are doing a full scale rework on Freddy.

8. They removed all moonlight offerings and brightened all maps to help killers.

9. Mist effects have been changed which imagine that helps killers.

Now would you look at that they've been balancing the game the whole time I've been here and some of what I and others suggested was actually implemented.

But wait you said I was the reason they can't balance it, I never knew I had so much power that I never used until it was too late.

Lastly they've been talking about adding in a base Kindred to solo survivors which would bring them up to the level of swf information wise. They could then buff killers to that level which wouldn't have the effect of destroying solo players.

But of course since I'm here they obviously can't balance it.

@Master said:

If we implement ingame voice communication we'd have to remove / rework half the perks that exist in DbD. If that's "less of an effort" to you then that's fine but my guess is that you just never thought that through, did you? Changing half the perks or changing the FoW slider for SWFs, what's more of an effort? And also, explain to me how this would require a total rework of all animations? Really curious how you came to that conclusion.

I'm not sure if you're talking to @master here or me since there's no context to your last comment.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    Options

Just having ingame voice comms or even text would bring solo players to the same level - then killers could be "buffed" to reasonable spots to make up for this added coordination. SWF is a huge part of multiplayer games and wanting to play with friends - I understand the appeal and why it would be a turn off for a vast majority of casual players to implement a direct nerf to them.

If Behavioral has already committed to making the game as accessible as possible for casual players (confirmed multiple times that they aren't trying to cater to the super pros and making every killer/perk setup equally good) then they really need to start with ingame text chat and ingame voice with the option to mute/block as needed (plus it would grow the community further as you get to meet people and game with them aka bringing more players in and retaining others).

Once again you obviously you buff certain killers perks and powers to make up for this after the fact since everyone effectively becomes a "swf" of varying levels.

• asanandic
    asanandic Member Posts: 15
    Options

Well I get that playing with your friends on voice comm is great. What I don't get is constant "tea bagging" and after the game ends with all of them surviving the name callings in the post game chat. Like the objective of the group is to not only win games but annoy as much as possible. This behavior proves that SWF with voice comm is bordering cheating. Basically the survivors gaining information about the game they would not normally have via chat.

I think there should be an option for the killer to accept SWF groups in their lobby or not.

• MsFrizby93
    MsFrizby93 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Having a swf on/off button is not the solution you think you need or want, it’s going to make your wait times longer and the community will get even more toxic towards killer mains  taunting them saying they can’t handle a swf group post game and the more serious players will look down upon the killers that refuse to accept swf groups, it will only create more problems then solve with a on/off button 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@MsFrizby93 said:
    the community will get even more toxic towards killer mains  taunting them saying they can’t handle a swf group post game

The joy of having a permanently closed post-game chat. They can scream all they want. It falls upon deaf ears.. or closed eyes.. I guess.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options
    PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

@Nickeh said:

@Watery said:

@Master said:

WE CAN but it would require some support from the community and since there's (roughly) a 4:1 ratio of Survivors / Killers, it's next to impossible to get that support because guess what? SWFs are Survivors.

Survival rates are still under 50% your argument is invalid and proven to be just an opinion of salty killer by the devs with their statistics and facts.
  • PiiFree
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Survival rates are still under 50% your argument is invalid and proven to be just an opinion of salty killer by the devs with their statistics and facts.

You either show me those Rank 1 4x SWF escape rate stats or you gtfo here with that OT nonsense.

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019
    Options

@powerbats said:
    I'm not sure if you're talking to @master here or me since there's no context to your last comment.

Dude firstly, I literally put a QUOTE before the statement that IS the context.

Secondly, you did not read my OP at all because you imply that my solution would nerf solo survivors while it in fact has ABSOLUTELY no impact on solos.

I'm not even going to keep discussing with you, your lack of reading comprehension is seriously pissing me off.

E: and after still reading your whole post I'm even more sure that I'm not going to discuss with you. This is not about Killer / Survivor imbalance, this is SOLELY about SWF with NO relation to ANYTHING else. Not SWF vs Killer, not SWF vs Solos but "SWF and their unintended advantage: Voice communication".

• OrionsFury4789
    Options
    PiiFree said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

You either show me those Rank 1 4x SWF escape rate stats or you gtfo here with that OT nonsense.

Nonsense? They released it in a Dev stream for all platforms and majority of the players are already swf so you can GTFO with your salty killer bullshit and go back to your cry corner , it's under 50 even with all the killers on here who derank on purpose and who let all survivors farm points and escape compared to the occasional dc or game crashing from the survivor side , you just suck at the game suck it up and git gud , if you spent half as much time in game as you do in here you'd be a god at this game
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I still personally really like the idea of all the survivors within a swf not being able to take in the same perks and keeping the end screen info secret until everyone escapes or is dead.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    edited January 2019
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    you just suck at the game suck it up and git gud

If a killer is at rank 5, 10, 15 or even 20 shouldn't they be able to enjoy a fair and reasonable game balanced to their skill level?

If the game only caters for those that "got gud" there would be no new players and the player base would die off. The game may need SWF to survive but it needs people playing killer even more.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

I still personally really like the idea of all the survivors within a swf not being able to take in the same perks and keeping the end screen info secret until everyone escapes or is dead.

See this right here is the perfect balance they can't give away your loadout endgame and If you wanna play in a team boom you have to adept to the role you want and not just be yay let's all run them around with sprint and dead hard sefcares
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Options

I think that will drive people away from the game being punished for playing with your friends .
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    Options

Seeing how the game's going right now; there will probably not be any fixes or changes to SWF or at least not soon. SWF already has a huge advantage but that doesn't mean that every SWF is "toxic" or really good.

Plus it's good to challenge yourself against people who are actually talking and working together. Getting killers in a SWF is so much more satisfying because it's so good to know that they had an advantage but made mistakes along the way or was too altruistic. Love it. ;)

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

I think that will drive people away from the game being punished for playing with your friends .
    How is it a punishment when it balenced the game out you want a team then play as a team with the roles you decied on before game person dsciess to take the aggro take unbreakable iron selfcare and dead hard person wants to be the healer take botney empathy pharmacy so you can give out a good medkit and that perk that lets you heal really fast after a unhook genny players can run leader and prove thyself to fix them faster as well wake up and take in some extra perk to help the team stealth players take urban calm never know when I docs about lol and makes it easier to hide from birds small game to hit the totems and hope for endgame speed boost
  • PiiFree
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    Nonsense? They released it in a Dev stream for all platforms and majority of the players are already swf so you can GTFO with your salty killer bullshit and go back to your cry corner , it's under 50 even with all the killers on here who derank on purpose and who let all survivors farm points and escape compared to the occasional dc or game crashing from the survivor side , you just suck at the game suck it up and git gud , if you spent half as much time in game as you do in here you'd be a god at this game

It's OT nonsense because it has absolutely no relation to my topic. My topic is about SWFs and a way to balance out the advantage they get for having voice communication, it's not about basic balance between killers and survivors, solo or SWF, escape rates or whatever else. You're just another incompetent user that lacks any sort of reading comprehension and tries to turn every discussion into a Killer VS Survivor fight. STFU, seriously.

My suggestion is a fair trade-off, you limit the visual informations you can get on your own but gain constant global map awareness thanks to voice communication you get from playing in a SWF.

It has absolutely nothing to do with escape rates, pallet distribution, perk nerfs or whatever other bullshit you guys keep talking about.

• PiiFree
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

I like this idea aswell but I suppose this would be a too time-consuming to do.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Watery said:

What do you mean disadvantage? You still can communicate the location of the killer and yourself  to your friends giving yourselves the power of like 4 perks without even using a slot... the smaller fov wouldn't nerf swf at all... it would just make playing the game a chore.. master is right just implement the comms and add the ability to mute players and balance around the comms.. 
  • Master
    Options

@PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

@Nickeh said:

@Watery said:

@Master said:

Of course suggestions to balance SWF get torn apart.
    Most members of the forum even disagree with the idea to introduce ingame voicecomms such that the game can be balanced around that and we can get rid of the solo/SWF gap. But that shows you how much they actually wanna keep this gap such that they can abuse the upper bracket :wink:

• OrionsFury4789
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

If a killer is at rank 5, 10, 15 or even 20 shouldn't they be able to enjoy a fair and reasonable game balanced to their skill level?

If the game only caters for those that "got gud" there would be no new players and the player base would die off. The game may need SWF to survive but it needs people playing killer even more.

My point is that they're already balanced for the most part, there are already killers who can 4k almost every game swf or not , they need to make it harder to pip up  honestly so that way there aren't potatoes at rank one getting slaughtered for either side , the game isn't unfair at all, a year and a half ago I would have been right here with you arguing but there have been so many qol changes and buffs to killers that it's not really that difficult anymore to play it's just more of a stress on time and knowing gen placement/control and how to keep the pressure on. Do I 4k every game? No I don't and I'm not going to pretend that I do but usually I can go back and see what I did wrong  or areas where I mind gamed myself and caused the situation to worsen and im rank one every season averaging a 3k usually maining as spirit , doctor, or Billy
  • Master
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

My point is that they're already balanced for the most part, there are already killers who can 4k almost every game swf or not , they need to make it harder to pip up  honestly so that way there aren't potatoes at rank one getting slaughtered for either side , the game isn't unfair at all, a year and a half ago I would have been right here with you arguing but there have been so many qol changes and buffs to killers that it's not really that difficult anymore to play it's just more of a stress on time and knowing gen placement/control and how to keep the pressure on. Do I 4k every game? No I don't and I'm not going to pretend that I do but usually I can go back and see what I did wrong  or areas where I mind gamed myself and caused the situation to worsen and im rank one every season averaging a 3k usually maining as spirit , doctor, or Billy

Ive been saying this for ages. It must be significantly harder to pip for both sides, as long as we see unviable killers at rank 1, there is sth wrong with the ranking system.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

I hate the fact that even when I duo with my friend we get so much information from each other, we even both run Bond to make it basically 3.5 perk game for us, we also dont use cruches, offerings or items.

Simple "hey ruin is in this jungle gym ill kite him away so you can get it" is game changing information that shouldnt exist in first place.

So yeah I play duo at max, and I'm all for nerfing SWF as its absurd how far you can take the advantage that SWF offers.

• PiiFree
    Options

@Laakeri said:
    I hate the fact that even when I duo with my friend we get so much information from each other, we even both run Bond to make it basically 3.5 perk game for us, we also dont use cruches, offerings or items.

Simple "hey ruin is in this jungle gym ill kite him away so you can get it" is game changing information that shouldnt exist in first place.

So yeah I play duo at max, and I'm all for nerfing SWF as its absurd how far you can take the advantage that SWF offers.

Exactly, and now imagine if there was a built-in voice chat? Ridiculous, right?

People talk about it as if it would be an easy thing. You'd have to rework half the perks and quite a few add-ons that rely on survivors unawareness.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    PiiFree said:

@Laakeri said:

Exactly, and now imagine if there was a built-in voice chat? Ridiculous, right?

People talk about it as if it would be an easy thing. You'd have to rework half the perks and quite a few add-ons that rely on survivors unawareness.

And then you would have to buff killers to compensate.
    Competing against people relaying that much data is going to be a gargantuan task, and buffing doesn't seem straight forward to me.
  • Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    Options

Decrease gen repair or all around action speed on swf group members. Not by obscene amounts, but scale it to how many are in the same swf group (2 members have less of a nerf than a 4 man team). I'm pretty sure that's the easiest, fairest, fix.

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    edited January 2019
    Options

The easiest way to deal with SWF is show who's in a group in the lobby. That way there is no advantage for SWF. The Killer knows they are working together and if they want to tunnel and camp … do it. Giving them their own mode separate from solo would also help. It's not just killers these players are griefing. They do it to survivors who are not in their group too.

This isn't F13. That game was designed with mics in mind and doesn't work right without it. DBD works better without mics and outside of a few morons, everyone knows how to play. SWF players are mostly ######### players who's only strength is in their numbers. Once you hook them (or tunnel) and they realize they aren't getting off they disconnect.

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    Options

No one wants to hear squeakers in a match. They ruined F13 and this game works much better without voice. The root of all evil starts with SWF. They grief killers ... killers get mad and then killers take it out on next match. Rinse and Repeat. Just give SWF their own mode separate from solo and that's that. Who cares if they ever play again.

If not, the easiest way to address them is to show who's grouped together in the lobby. That way killer's can dodge if they choose. Survivors can dodge as well. SWF players grief other survivors too. They'll sell you out in a second to protect their own. They are toxic players by nature.

Since their only strength is in numbers, if you take that away, you've at least leveled the playing field somewhat. Anytime a SWF get's hooked or tunneled, they end up disconnecting anyway … so let the killer have at it.

In the long term SWF is not healthy for this community in any state.

• powerbats
    Options

@PiiFree said:

@powerbats said:

Dude firstly, I literally put a QUOTE before the statement that IS the context.

Secondly, you did not read my OP at all because you imply that my solution would nerf solo survivors while it in fact has ABSOLUTELY no impact on solos.

I'm not even going to keep discussing with you, your lack of reading comprehension is seriously pissing me off.

E: and after still reading your whole post I'm even more sure that I'm not going to discuss with you. This is not about Killer / Survivor imbalance, this is SOLELY about SWF with NO relation to ANYTHING else. Not SWF vs Killer, not SWF vs Solos but "SWF and their unintended advantage: Voice communication".

Ok but you had him quoted in your statement so you were literally addressing us both not one person so no it didn't have context who you were referring to. If you were referring to me singularly you'd have taken out his name and simply tagged me in it for context.

Actually I did read your op and you're not seeing the forest for the trees here and in fact your ideas will nerf solo.

Since if it's easier to pick off swf that means they die that much quicker leaving the solo players easier prey since as you pointed out they can't communicate. Now think that through for just a minute here, the swf can still use voice to say I see him here etc but have reduced fov.

You as a killer can deduce that swf is players 1,2,4 and thus are going to be easier to get due to their reduced fov. Since that solo can't communicate and has a wider fov they're the more important target since they can see more.

Now add to that the person might be running bond since they're solo and will want heals and be able to go to help heal. So you as a smart killer want to remove the person running Bond and the extra information it gives asap. So because smart killers will focus solo more knowing that swf hs reduced fov yes it will impact solo's.

The only one with lack of reading comprehension here is you, you want to keep on ignoring anything you don't like and that your confirmation bias blinders can't see.

There you go with the forest and the trees again since you can't balance one without affecting the other, if you change one part of an equation you change another part.

Here I'll give you an example where 2+2+2=6 that's pretty well understood but if you change it to 2+4+2 it becomes 8 which is also well understood. Now because we've changed 1 part of the equation we changed the initial equations results.

So if you change swf you affect killers and you affect solo's, that's basic logic there.

• powerbats
    Options

I'll post this yet again, the devs idea is to buff solo players up the level of swf by giving them a base Kindred so that they're basically on the same information level as swf.

Then since all survivors will be mostly equal information wise killers can then be buffed up to that level and thus there's no imbalance when killers get buffed to solo players.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options
    Low FOV cameras cause a lot of people to get headaches or motion sickness, so I don't think tightening the FOV is the right way to go about it.

Not to mention a group could creatively circumvent that by doing what people did in the beta, by solo queueing and leave the lobby if their friends aren't there.
  • Master
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Low FOV cameras cause a lot of people to get headaches or motion sickness, so I don't think tightening the FOV is the right way to go about it.

Not to mention a group could creatively circumvent that by doing what people did in the beta, by solo queueing and leave the lobby if their friends aren't there.

That doesnt stop them putting low FOV restrictions upon killers.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

@powerbats said:

1. They removed all moonlight offerings and brightened all maps to help killers.

Most of your post was right on, but I can't help but comment on this part cause the changes have been severely annoying for me. The "brightened" maps may seem like a buff, but you have to look at how they did it. They didn't actually make things brighter, they just put a white screen over everything. Fortunately, it has a minimal effect in most maps, but in Ormond specifically, it's so ridiculously bad , fresh scratch marks on snow are about as visible as faded scratch marks on other maps. All logic would suggest they should show up more clearly on white rather than dark green. But they don't cause the effects they use don't actually brighten things, they just put a white film on the top of everything.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Master said:

That doesnt stop them putting low FOV restrictions upon killers.

Or forcing players through nausea inducing animations like nurse's fatigue and the incredibly useless effect of bloodlust. The latter gives you the sweet bonus of a half second freeze (at least) and a nice drop in FPS on a PS4 so you  can perfectly miss your swing.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Dehitay said:

@powerbats said:

1. They removed all moonlight offerings and brightened all maps to help killers.

Most of your post was right on, but I can't help but comment on this part cause the changes have been severely annoying for me. The "brightened" maps may seem like a buff, but you have to look at how they did it. They didn't actually make things brighter, they just put a white screen over everything. Fortunately, it has a minimal effect in most maps, but in Ormond specifically, it's so ridiculously bad , fresh scratch marks on snow are about as visible as faded scratch marks on other maps. All logic would suggest they should show up more clearly on white rather than dark green. But they don't cause the effects they use don't actually brighten things, they just put a white film on the top of everything.

Well for Ormond they're working on the vfx changes for that since that's more due to the new engine updates and I'll have to hop on the PTB and see if it's a bit better.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited January 2019
    Options
    powerbats said:

I'll post this yet again, the devs idea is to buff solo players up the level of swf by giving them a base Kindred so that they're basically on the same information level as swf.

Then since all survivors will be mostly equal information wise killers can then be buffed up to that level and thus there's no imbalance when killers get buffed to solo players.

I honestly think they won't ever buff killers to "match" SWF strengths.

The reason I say this is that killers (even the weak ones) are already wrecking the place and murdering everybody (especially solos) in the 15 - 20 ranks, and given that at those ranks even SWF are not playing optimally, survival rates would drastically drop. I don't think any amount of information will substantially help solos at those ranks, when everyone is just getting to know the game mechanics.

That said, new survivors would have close to zero reasons to keep playing, or dying I should say. Bad business, in other words.

Besides, they've already stated not all killers have to be viable, and you can play as Billy or Nurse if you want to kill people.

I could only suggest balancing around brackets, make ranking skill based, etc etc etc. Not happening
  • Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 230
    edited January 2019
    Options

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Source?

EDIT: I saw you responded in another post it was "some developer live stream," but if that's the case, they have all those in youtube. Do you have a link to which one they said this in? It's relevant for two reasons:

1. Prove this was an accurate quote
    2. if its an old quote, it may no longer be accurate since various updates.
  • powerbats
    Options

@Morfedel said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Source?

EDIT: I saw you responded in another post it was "some developer live stream," but if that's the case, they have all those in youtube. Do you have a link to which one they said this in? It's relevant for two reasons:

This was I beleive the last devstream done in early December or late November.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336270950?filter=all&sort=time

24:43 is where it starts.

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 230
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Morfedel said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Source?

That's great information, thanks!

• powerbats
    Options

@Morfedel said:

@powerbats said:

@Morfedel said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:

Source?

That's great information, thanks!

Yw, I couldn't remember which one it was so I went and rewatched them again haha.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Options

Give killers bonus BP post-game for facing SWF. Something like a stack of BBQ and chili per SWF member. Otherwise expect some dodging when there are people with 4 private profiles loading in at the same time.