Borrowed time is fine!!!!!!

Options

Im so sick of people complaining about borrowed time its literally fine

If it bothers you so bad why are you tunneling?

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,980
    edited December 2021
    Options

Pretty much this honestly. It's all BT needs right now, since it can be abused by taking protection hits for the unhooker, which isn't what the perk is intended to be used for. This is the only change I want to see for BT to make it perfectly healthy.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options

I've seen complaints that they can't counter it with no terror radius killers anymore

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

What does complaining about BT have anything to do with tunneling ?

You clearly arent reading complaints about it lol

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,117
    Options

There are still killers out there who are upset that the perk makes it harder to tunnel though.

It's not the majority of complaints, however. Most complaints are about how hard a BT bodyblock makes it to -not- tunnel.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

I only have issues when the person with BT body blocks when the killer is trying to go for the one who unhooked.

And again issues is a big word, you can play how you want, as long as you're not being a toxic peepee i don't care, go for it. Just don't complain about tunneling

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I think the buff it got was incredibly undeserved and I heavily disagree with the trend of buffing already powerful perks, but I have no issue with the perk, really.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Like the other said bt is totally fine if you use it for what it's supposed to do aka stop me from tunneling you of hook bt becomes a problem when you run head first into the killer to block him I think body blocking the killer as a whole is strange aren't you supposed to fear them

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I'd say it's actually vanishingly rare to see complaints about the perk that aren't specifically focused on people using it to bodyblock for the person that saved them as opposed to using it to get away themselves.

Sure, sometimes that makes people propose the bad idea of making the endurance not proc if the hit is a protection hit (which would make a perk intended to help against tunneling and camping... hard countered by camping enough for you to hit the savior on the way to the save, and then hitting the saved person right off the hook as it'd be a protection hit 100% of the time, lol) but the more common idea for that is to just disable collission while endurance is active.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I think BT should be reverted to one of its old versions which protected both the unhooker and the rescued survivor, but could only be used once per match.

I think it is a fair trade. It makes the perk even more effective against camping, as it originally was, but you have to be strategic about it since you can only use once.

For those who would like to see:

This is what BT should be, imho.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

Sorry but the guy you’re chasing leading you back to the hook to have the unhooked guy body block you from going after someone different is not even remotely tunneling, it’s abusing an anti-tunnel perk for an unintended effect. We need no collision on the BT effect. Then it will actually only be for tunneling.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I mean, is it tunneling if the unhooked person tries to do everything in their power to stand between you and the person who unhooked them?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

only thing annoying about BT is survivors bodyblocking.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    Options

camping would be so powerful and it'll only be a cycle of hooks one after another with minimal effort from the killer, so i disagree. dont understand why people still got a problem with this perk.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Oh pls don't argument with effort here. Making an unsafe save and getting blocked from hits by the unhooked isnt effort. The perk like most perks isn't earned but just there.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491
    Options

because it counters the only thing we can do to not get gen-rushed and not get a single kill? I know tunneling is annoying, but if BT is there at least nerf survivors to the point we can play normally and not tunnel then I will be fine with it.

Now the big issue about nerfing survivors is they are already abnormally weak at low MMR. so the only thing you can do is shrink maps. Now, if ur a new player u will get punished for that, which is a double-edged sword. Good and bad. makes killer more healthy but also unbalanced for the newer players. Which is why i think you should be able to run a custom game by yourself so you can practice as killer/survivor

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193
    Options

Another idea: Taking a protection with BT doesn't give you a speed boost. You make no distance, get deep wounds, and pretty much invite being tunneled for using the perk offensively.

• xili84
    xili84 Member Posts: 130
    Options

BT only bothers me at endgame. With 1 on hook and 3 ppl coming for the save. It is a free escape. Therefor if anything needs to change, the only thing that needs to happen is that it gets disabled after all gens are completed. I think it is good motivator for the killer during the game to injure other people.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Please god no. Lets not go back to that. Sure it had 1 time use but just like old DS, you had to deal with it 4 times a match. There was zero risk to saving someone with old BT. The only killers who could ignore it were people who disabled their TR or bubbas chainsaw. New BT is fine the way it is now.

If your unhooked and you run to me please explain how I am tunneling? If you unhook right in my face I almost always go for the unhooker because I suspect BT and I want more people injured. But if you have BT and you come to body block me, I'm going to count to 15, down you again and let you bleed out or waste your DS. You came to me, you weren't being tunneled.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Don't speak with such fear, mate. I don't have the power to make changes yet.

And yes, there was a possibility of dealing with it 4 times, which is still better than infinite uses.

People are complaining about Survivors protected by BT bodyblocking, aren't them? Well, this would fix it.

If your teammate is also protected by BT, there is no reason to block. And, if you don't hit them within 20 seconds (and the survivor is fully healed), you aren't even going to see it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Ive had issues where both teammates were under BT and they got out the gate within 20 secs. Which is why I don't want us to go back to that. I think the people complaining about current BT never knew how bad it use to be and they should just go for the unhooker. Odds are your trading at that point.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    edited December 2021
    Options

Because it's supposed to stop tunneling and prevent farming.

You aren't supposed to be taking hits with this perk OR FORCING THE KILLER TO HIT YOU. You shouldn't be using it offensively.

• chimera3
    chimera3 Member Posts: 70
    Options

This still doesn’t address their statement on how powerful camping would become.

• Pulsar
    Options

You cannot 3-hook everyone whilst alternating hooked Survivors at any MMR above the lowest. The game simply isn't built that way.

If you are three-hooking everyone while also not tunneling, you aren't in the correct skill bracket.

• Pulsar
    Options

"If you think tunneling is the only way to get kills then sorry but you just don’t know how to play the game well."

As soon as you meet Survivors who are any good, you have to make the decision to either play "nice" or play to win. Neither is the wrong answer.

• Pulsar
    Options

If the Survivors are of equal skill to you (and you aren't bad because the balance changes drastically at low MMR) you DO need to tunnel or camp to win UNLESS the Survivors are below your skill level.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

when someone body blocks you with BT to keep you going for the unsafe unhooker it's being abused and they aren't tunneling. They do it knowing they make themselves the better target knowing they can DS afterwards. You try to show the unsafe unhooker the error in their idea and the person with BT takes priority from them and cries tunnel.

It's like the clicky tbaggers making themselves annoying then crying when you chose to remove them first so you can hear something else. You have a wonderful tool and have to abuse it then cry when you get the only natural response a person would give.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    Options

pretty sure u can 3 hook everyone at any MMR, just play nurse or blight 😉