i am starting to lose my ######### sanity

Options

BHVR please just nerf survivors for heavens sake. I can't take it anymore, gen-rushers, toolboxes, flashlight saves, body-blocking- spread out gens, ruin gone in 2 seconds. I CAN'T DO JACK ALL WITHOUT SURVIVORS JUST WALKING UP AND BODY BLOCKING AND FLASH BANGING AND SAVING.

I'm close to my breaking point, it sounds childish but survivors are too overpowered and need serious nerfs

Comments

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yes, please take a break, it's a video game. If you were in any other relationship, and it was causing this reaction, you would leave, right?

So, do yourself the same solid here.

BTW, doubtful you will see any significant survivor nerfs. Kill rate is still over 50%, and that is what the devs balance around

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    Options

The topics you make contradict themselves an hour before this one you said ruin and scourge hook is the only slowdown you need now you're begging for nerfs. Stop posting crap.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,876
    Options

Just try playing soloQ survivor and your opinion will be reversed... if you dare.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491
    Options

they shouldn't balance around that, that's why new killers get nerfed

• ShadowNurseZFX
    Options

I had that in the back of my head before making this. I changed my mind. Nothing stops survivors if you give them enough time. And I'm not posting crap. Sabotaging, wastes time for me. DS, BT, Chases, Body Blocking. I have had it. Now stop being an ass.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Well, this game is not for you.

Level up some survivors from lvl 1 and try to have fun there with friends because solo survivors is worse than killer.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I just hate being forced to play through the game against a stacked squad. It is so boring to play against to the point i can predict what gen is about to pop and when they will save, but it doesn't matter because the killer i am on can't do squat about it.

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

Yeah, I stopped playing over a month ago and have honestly been doing better, mentally speaking. Playing killer just got so boring and predictable because survivors just pick one playstyle and that's it, that is nearly every single game.

Switching to survivor just got awful real fast with all of the constant camping. Camping close to end game is understandable, but killers just camping every hook that they can get is just terrible. With the recent boon totems and survivors all realizing how broken med-kits and fast healing is it really has pushed them towards this angle.

Take my advice and just stop playing for a while. I know this game is fun and I like it, but with how static the gameplay is and over competitive it makes everyone it just isn't worth it.

The extreme toxicity and steady increase in hackers I have encountered just made me realize enough was enough.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    Options

i have played solo survivor, it is DEFINATELY not worse than killer

• ShadowNurseZFX
    Options

BHVR should do ######### about it though, why are they watching us suffer in silence. Why are they doing this?

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Take some sanity pills if your teams collective sanity is to low. Remember to stay in the light :)

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Whether they should or shouldn't is irrelevant, they do.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    Options

i take it you're a nurse main from your name and pic, why are you having trouble? game should be a breeze for you

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Problem is after 100 hours, you just don’t get scared anymore. That applies to any kind of horror.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    Options

I don't care anymore I am done with this game until dead hard is nerfed to the point of uselessness, CoH is nerfed, boons are nerfed, maps are shrunk, and everything. This game is extremely survivor-sided and they wont even try to hide it

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Easy fix. Don't play.

I had backpain and headaches in the past. And i realized it was because of DBD.. playing killer is not healthy it damage your nerve system, and no its not an exageratition its a fact, at least for me.

The cap for me its 1 hour, if i play more than that i can see how my hands shake for a while. But obviously not playing at all its the best choice if you want a healthy life, nerve damage is cumulative, so taking long breaks for a few days is a good choice.

I know all this by experience im not a doctor but if there was a health professional that would take the time to analyze people that play DBD, i'm sure he/she will say something similar like me.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

The bullying continues in this thread :D

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

Best thing I've found to do with this game is to just skip to the last stage of grief and accept that the game is unbalanced and dogshit, I sparingly run gen regression on most killers nowadays in favour of more fun perks, it's alot easier to deal with a loss when you've got basically no gen regression perks.

If the gens are slow enough to handle, then you can have some fun and win. If they're going too fast to manage, then damn, start playing for points and maybe try to get some cool plays. At the end of the day, you either played well and won, or it was out of your hands and there was nothing you could possibly do, such is the way of the killer main.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Just go survivor. Die a couple of time, only escape with hatch.

Soon you ll be low MMR, and you ll be able to bully new Epic games gamers.

You're welcome.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Honestly, if you like the look of it, sign up for VHS beta. It’s different from DBD but it’s a vastly superior asymmetrical pvp game from a design and balance standpoint. The devs genuinely seem to care and have really thought everything through from the ground up. It’s also free to play and barely even has a grind, unlike DBD. The skins are cool too plus you have fun emotes like the thriller dance for werewolf.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I dont want to be mean but... you know ... look at a wall so they cant blind you... if they are open then just check the areas around you before you pick up, not a big deal.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115
    Options

BHVR does not care about killers, point in case the only time flashlights got nerfed is when Matt got publicly humiliated by them. survivors bring money as long as said money continues killers can suck it.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    Options
  • El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    edited December 2021
    Options

Well, each to their own. I’d say though, it’s difficult to be bullied in VHS because of how the game is designed. From the ground up, the devs have designed and balanced it to prevent bullying.

For example as a killer, if you hit one survivor, everyone nearby has their weapons locked for a few seconds, forcing them to run away and providing you with great pressure. I think this also resets any damage you’ve taken in the last x seconds.

You also have tools to avoid damage altogether, like Wart’s shield which absorbs weapon damage, or the werewolves howl which disables all weapons in an AoE.

There’s more to it than that but generally speaking, if you lose in VHS it’s not to some bully squad or unfair mechanic, but because of a mistake you made, that you can easily identify and say to yourself, ahhhhh that’s why I lost, ok I’ll do it differently this time.

The game really is extremely fair and balanced with much competitive potential.

EDIT: As to the devs, it’s early days but they seem to listen to the community and have already made changes based on feedback. I think the above shows they actually care about core issues with their game and dedicate resources to addressing said issues.

They also play obsessively and are some of the best players with thousands of hours, so they understand the ins and outs better than most, unlike the devs in DBD for example who play casually at a low level, making them rely on misleading data instead of objective reality.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115
    Options

unfortunatley not possible since survivor is 80% of the game/cosmetics.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    Options

BS: I play both sides and solo survivor is a ######### nightmare. I can at least do decent most of the time as killer. I get tunneled and camped 90% of the time as solo.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Don't bother defending gens anymore. Just delay, delay, delay. The meta right now is Corrupt/Deadlock/No Way Out. On my Demogorgon I have that plus Remember Me, and those games have been just as stressful, but I get better results on average, because the survivors' second chance perks can only save them so many times. And then they've got to go through the gates as 1 or 2 of them are dead (hopefully) and you might get 1 or 2 more kills.

• PyramidHeadBigBooty
    Options

I balance between survivor and killer so I'm not specifically a "main" for either, sometimes I'd want to play survivor and sometimes, killer. And hey, I understand how you feel. But what can you do ? There’s always going to be poopyheads that’ll ruin the fun for everyone else. And that isn’t going to change. It’s best to just play at your own pace, if a survivor is being toxic, just flat out ignore them or just play as you normally would. Remember, these people’s goals are to make you mad and rage quit. Also these pathetic peeps obviously can’t take an L. I’ve had various bullies while playing killer then once they got downed, they immediately DC'd. You said that survivors are overpowered, but, I disagree. A handful of killers have powerful add ons and perks.

Nurse’s calling, BBQ & Chili, Blood Warden, and many others. Also I’m pretty sure killers like Myers ? Doesn’t he have a powerful add-on which means that once he gets you, he can mori you ? Because uh I’ve had a match like that, so yeah, some killers are powerful af !

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited December 2021
    Options

Whilst I wouldn't say I'm personally "losing my sanity" over DBD, I agree playing it as killer is (and has been for a good while) a rather stressful experience.

Yesterday I popped on to do 3 daily challenges, all killer.

My word...every match...trolls, loopers, clickers, blockers...all with full knowledge of all the annoying tricks and the usual perks (Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, Circle Of Healing etc).

It was just horrible. Made me want to just turn off.

Then I played as survivor with a couple of people I know...and it was great fun. And I say that as someone who didn't and who's team didn't torment the killer. We just played and didn't antagonize.

The main issue is that these days the killer role does not feel powerful or threatening. The survivors can band together and bully the killer with an organised battle plan. It's just toxic. It's a high percentage of the players that are absolutely ruining this game.

This needs to change.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,876
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

Yep.

Don't get me wrong, I used to play mostly Killer.

I've been playing mostly Solo and Duo Q Survivor the last few months.

• IsMmrReal
    IsMmrReal Member Posts: 201
    Options

Look man run lightborn. If you are so worried about flashlights and bangs there are ways to counter it. Maybe don't just pick up a survivor like a bot and check around and bait them out. They will always jump when you bait it. Also there a ways to worry about body blocking. Take a breathe step back and stop worrying so much.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

You, maybe, but most of us wouldn't be surprised as we agree with Pulsar. If you play every avenue this game has to offer (SoloQ, SWF, Killer), it becomes pretty easy to see how survivors are so much stronger. Yes, SoloQ can suck, that is the nature of the beast. If one of your teammates DCs, if someone is a potato, these things happen. But you're still stronger. In a game where the first 3 minutes are pivotal and the killer has 4 survivors to contend with, all it takes is one DECENT survivor to completely dismantle them.

You don't even have to be good at looping. Just pre-drop pallets and you'll run circles around most killers.

• Gigante
    Gigante Member Posts: 134
    Options

The game is currently broken to the survivors side and that is undeniable.