Does Anyone Actually Play Legion Anymore

Don't know about you guys, but I literally never ever see Legion anymore. I see more Billies than I do Legion, which by all means, I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, what happened to all the Legion players? I used to see one at least every two matches. I see more Billies, Clowns and even Trappers than I do Legion.

Gotta say I dislike Legion a lot, but I'm actually really curious if I'm just not getting matched up with them anymore, or if there has been a literal decline in the killer playerbase that is in relation to Legion.

Comments

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

I play him on my buddy's account because he's got Frank the Bunny and I really like Frank the Bunny.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I play a fair amount of Legion.

I also see them quite a bit so maybe it's a regional thing.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

I try to. But at my MMR I honestly would have better luck throwing an inflatable pool toy at survivors and hoping they trip into a health state than actually playing them. Julie/Susie/Frank will just have to wait until they get a rework. Legion as is, is just a trainwreck. Zero creativity went into the creation of Legion. Especially when you consider that Legion was SUPPOSED to be a killer that disguises themselves as a survivor.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Problem is that they are kinda noob stompers, if you play against decent players, you are gonna suffer.

CoH is also quite annoying, it's just impossible to keep them injured and Legion is not really good with commiting on single survivor.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

The higher MMR you are, the less you see the low tier killers. You probably see more Billies because even though he is crap to play, he's still stronger than Legion.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Yes. When i want to farm bloodpoints.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Keep on mind there are 26 killers the average overall pick rate must be 1 out of 26 games. Even if Legion is just picked an average number of times you’d see them only infrequently. And because some killers are fairly popular the median pick rate must be below that average.

• dugman
    edited December 2021

Yes it is. Average picks per game per killer is total games divided by the number of killers, which is 1/26 the total number of games regardless of the distribution. Median picks per game is the 50 percentile pick rate if you sort all the killers in order of pick rate from lowest to highest, which is going to be lower than the average assuming there are a small number of killers with very high pick rates and a large number with smaller pick rates.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Especially when you consider that Legion was SUPPOSED to be a killer that disguises themselves as a survivor.

are you basing this claim on the trailer?

because I am pretty sure the devs said they won’t ever make a killer that disguises as a survivor..

• dugman

Total tangent, but that trailer really makes me wish that style of killer existed, it just seems like it could be really fun!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

That trailer was really cool. But it would not work in DbD at all sadly..

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,703

I see Legion maybe once or twice a day in my matches, but I've been getting a lot more Myers, Huntress, Artist which makes sense cause she's new.

• dugman

Yeah, I’m not sure off-hand how to get it to work either, but if they did figure it out I’d be all in!

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited December 2021

Smart survivors, especially if they're playing together, will destroy Legion players. Legion is the only character whose power cannot down survivors, and what's worse is that his Killer instinct is made completely null and void so long as survivors keep their distance from one another. With SBMM now active I imagine it's made playing Legion at high MMR a chore.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

Very rarely and I am glad. Mending simulator matches are the essence of tedious.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    edited December 2021

Tangent

But Susies proportions are absolutely abysmal. Joey/Frank/Julie all have correct looking bodies. Susie looks like she has a beach ball in her waist

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I play them pretty frequently though I've been on a Spirit / Artist kick recently. They're quite fun and one of the few split pressure killers that function in spite of CoH.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180

I'll play as them if I get a Daily but with CoH making Legion useless to play as, it's really not worth my time to gamble on playing as them. Unfortunate because while Legion is a middle to low tier killer, I did enjoy the unique challenge of playing as them but CoH made it go from a unique challenge to an impossible one.

• Terrik
    Terrik Member Posts: 21

I play legion. Sure it's a little sweaty at higher MMR but I love the feeling of speed you get from him.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I don't play Legion and probably never will. They're very miserable to play as and go against.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I play them, but it's incredibly stressful due to how awful they are currently.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

I like to play them even tho they aren't that great but you still get cursed at in chat cause every surv kinda hates him as plague I never hear that even tho it's much worse to can't heal then having deep wound

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253

Literally just sent this to my buddy the other day.

"I've really been enjoying Legion lately, but I want to play the Artist more. I think it's because when I play Legion I don't even expect to win, but I usually do. But if I lose I don't get irritated because, well, I'm playing Legion. lol"

stabby boi go brrrr

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

When COH exists, there’s nothing that will convince me to play Legion right now.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

They're still okayish. Their kit is very lackluster but doable, somehow. They've still got decent tracking. Ofc this all goes out the window if we're on Mother's Dwelling.

Starstruck is kind of a staple at this point if you ask me. You need exponential pressure somehow with this killer, and good survivors won't give that to you for free

• TrogdorApocalypse
    TrogdorApocalypse Member Posts: 13

I play Legion, but I am not very good with them. I try to play a lot of killers, so it's sporadic at best.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

me i run the madgrit agitation iron grasp combo on him

and i see legions all the time but they are quite rare although billy and clown are still more rare to see then him atleast for me. been playing for a full year now and have seen only 1 clown lol.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited December 2021

To be honest, Legion is actually 1 of 2 maybe 3 split pressure killers that doesn't get completely wrecked by CoH. There's 3 reasons for that. First is they spread Deep Wound as well as injuries which CoH doesn't affect, so you're still getting 28s of delay with a Frenzy stab with a CoH heal. Second is that yes, the Survivors heal up in 16 seconds, but you injure them in like... 4 seconds, so you're still coming out ahead. Third, it used to be that smart Survivors almost never healed vs Legion because it wasn't worth it. It still isn't even with CoH but it feels like it is... so they heal with CoH and waste time.

Obviously, Plague is the other one who still functions, and Artist is the maybe.

Edit: I will say though, Thana isn't worth running anymore even for Legion.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,711

I may not play him as often as some of the other killers, but I still enjoy playing him. He's an excellent time waster, which is an ability which it's power shouldn't be taken lightly. And while he's just an m1 killer after that first hit, being able to get downs with him just gives you a feeling of "hell you, my chasing fundamentals and mind games are pretty solid".

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The most satisfying part of Legion is knowing you really deserved most of your downs.

Outside of getting a 7 combo Frenzy ofcourse. That's slightly more satisfying

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    edited December 2021

legion power is the most useless thing in dbd. just don't drop pallets if he uses his power and stay separated.

• AstroLive8333
    AstroLive8333 Member Posts: 160

I would play legion, but I don't have it. Legion is off brand dream