The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

is tunneling a sign of a no skill player?

2»

Comments

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Quite often yes. You can win a lot of matches with tunneling... But after some time your MMR will be boosted way above your real skill and will face survivors who will workaround your tunneling and loop you for 5 gens... Then you can come back and cry about how strong the survivors are.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

I mean you'll always be lesser than those that don't need to tunnel to win/have fun. So I wouldn't say 'no skill', just 'lesser skilled' than what is probably the average (The forum complainers are definitely not the average). Try playing with less tunnelling, do it sparingly as more of a reaction, and you'll probably improve and have more fun.

By looking at some answers, I'm starting to wonder if people in this forum just care about dominating the other side over having fun/feel rewarded for skill in a game that's awfully repetitive and janky. Loads of copium indeed.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I agree just tunneling someone off the hook shows you have no skill. It’s effective but it’s boring and not fun for either side.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

It's pretty much just survivors trying to condition you to give them free games.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

if step one is find somebody and step two is tunnel them then yes it is. If you're playing a match and people don't want to heal so much as hop back on a gen then you should teach them why that is a bad idea no matter when you saw them last. That isn't tunneling. They made a choice that made the choice to go after them easy.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Tunneling at low MMR, yes.

Tunneling at High MMR, just means you care about staying and competing in high MMR.

• AstroLive8333
    AstroLive8333 Member Posts: 160

First off, I hate that you tunneled

second off, yes people that tunnel are no skillers

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, I haven't gotten there yet, I don't sweat but still get good players, no noobs

And as survivor I don't escape, and still had 4 games in a row against Iri 1 nurse and others that destroyed us.

But then the games kinda leveled out.

But, I get both ways, just gotta play how you enjoy.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

It shows you have game sense if you're going against a strong looper team who does the objectives quickly.

In the current meta, you can't let someone go to reset and give them another chance, you need someone out of the game asap or unable to do gens. That, and gen defense perks. Since even average Survivors can churn out gens fairly efficiently now. Last I checked, the pros tunnel now, but I could be wrong since I don't watch them as frequently as I used to.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

If you tunnel because the situation calls for it and/or to get a player out of the game early, or when things take a bad turn, that isn't bad and doesn't make you a bad killer. Not the way I play, but it's something even very good killers do, and for valid reason.

If you tunnel because the weak link is the only one you can catch and you spend half the match chasing them, yeah, that probably means your skill is lacking (and you won't get any better that way).

And if you're the survivor and you get tunneled straight out of the game, it sucks for two reasons:

1. You barely get to play
    2. It probably means that you are the weakest link, and that stings a little.

Also, a lot of survivors think they're being tunneled even when they're not. Perception can be a funny thing.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

The replies in this thread are a perfect example of why no decent person should play this game. People play this RNG casual game like if they don't 4k they'll be flayed alive in the real world. There's no such thing as a "good game" in Dead by Daylight. It's either be a griefing piece of garbage, or fodder for them.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

It's a sign of desperation but also efficiency. Survivors will not hesitate to do their objective as fast as possible, and will not play nice for you. So why should you do that for them, especially with them being the power role?