Asking the dev team to actually do something about the BM at exit gates #1

Options

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

You just need to deal with it and move on. Try to ignore it in your head.

I was playing as Pinhead today and I think at least 3 Survivors were tbagging me all game for no real reason and I was super nice and fair, no camp even when gates were open and just chase all of them. Got few hooks but they tbagged and clicky clicky all game + exit gates as well.

There is nothing you can do just know you behave better than them.

• DorkianBae
    DorkianBae Member Posts: 227
    Options

What they need to do is fix the flashlight macro

• asirirsprime
    asirirsprime Member Posts: 100
    Options

BM is in your head. Just play playable killers and stop trying legion or whatever you played there

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

When I know they're at the gates waiting, I just go around the map and break walls/pallets or spam my power.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

If it annoys you that much, just don't go to the exit gates. They'll usually wait till the very last second to leave but you can just destroy pallets/walls and spam your power to get BP.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Citation on when any developer has ever stated this is a party game.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

I really wonder how old some of the players are. It also annoys me, but just ignore it. But thats the real power of DbD. It goes into your head way more than it should i think therefore its so successful.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Probably older than people who believe appeasement and letting bullies exist is the way to go. Honestly it just sounds like laziness, and again, "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." I legit must assume anyone posting "Ugh just ignore it!" does it themselves.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

I think it'd be cool if the Entity would block the gates if the Killer stood in the exit area, forcing the Survivors to either leave immediately or stay in the game. Just a random, useless idea I've held onto for a while.

• SunsetSherbet
    Options

Why should the killer be forced to watch survivors tbag them?

"Guys why is no one playing killer?! ;-;"

• SunsetSherbet
    Options

You didn't answer why they should be forced to. Because you want to be rude to people? Don't cry when you get into matches with face camping Bubbas and Pigs blocking jigsaw boxes then.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

There could be a perk that allows an instant down and Mori combined when inside the Exit Gate area, but I'm then thinking Insidious Nurse would become all the rage, what with being able to hide behind them.

• SunsetSherbet
    edited December 2021
    Options

So, just because. Ok. Again, don't cry when people face camp you. Probably shouldn't cry about hacks or exploits either. You can just DC to avoid them after all. It's sad that "You should deal with it because." is the prevailing feeling here. You should be able to ruin peoples games because...you want to. Unless you're doing it to win like camping or tunneling. Then it's bad because...you're ruining someones game?

If you want to be an awful person to people, go ahead. Don't tell others they need to like it or accept it, as it's a waste of time and no one is required to.

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    Options

It has nothing to do with "appeasement".

People act that way for attention and to get reactions.

By not giving them attention or reactions the primary reason for them to do it is gone.

There is a big difference between saying a behaviour is okay and recognizing when the appropriate answer to said behaviour is to walk away.

No I don't "do it myself" I just don't see why I would do something that rewards and encourages negative behaviour.

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
    edited December 2021
    Options

The devs won't change it because survivor mains are their main money makers buying their cosmetics, rift pass and so on. They will NOT remove something that surv. find fun to do (being toxic at gates). Unfortunately you just have to accept it; I have.

The same reason why these same ppl will not be toxic IRL, like give you the bird randomly, or talk derogatory about your mother. I mean, getting mad at pixels on your screen is the same as getting mad at something giving you a gesture IRL, or saying something about your mom (it's just sound waves hitting your eardrum, whats the big deal) amirite?

Toxic behavior IRL comes with consequences; not so with being in a game. If Im an M1 killer I just break pallets and door; if I have a ranged attack more than likely they just leave. I also by default have my chat window closed whenever I play killer. If I beat them, Ill open it because I love hearing their salt. If i lost, i keep it closed. In my experience a gloating winner is more prevalent than a sore loser.

I also hit ppl on hooks once in awhile for kicks; its nothing personal but I kind of find it relieves some stress, xD

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    Options

I don't do it because I think it's lame, but kinda hilarious that your threshold for what constitutes a "bad person" is so damn low. Do you even hear yourself

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

OH come on its so much easier to be a bad person than being a good one

• Starrseed
    Options

Yeah case closed buddy if you don't see how it's just unnecessary to do something we all know you do to harras when the other side is probably frustrated enough cause the had a bad game no body can help you

• Starrseed
    Options

I just think we all as an community could spare one another from unnecessary harassment cause that's what it is and we all know that. Nobody is teabagging at the exist to don't harrass and calling it crouching instead won't change this fact. But in the end youare entitled to your opinion and so am I.

I just hope I never stumble over some post of you two about killers harrasing surv on hook

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options

Yes this. I rob them of the opportunity, usually if you dont show up they just get bored and leave or run blood warden.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    Options

That's it, we've reached Karen-levels of whining in video games. T-Bagging should now be banned. If any game community would usher in this grand shift, it'd be DBD's immature one where toxicity is somehow far more special here than any other game (when it really isn't). There's only one thing more childish than low-IQ turds tbagging and that's people actually being bothered by it beyond 1 minute salt. Grow up, this game is rated 18+.

• DragoonSanddune01
    DragoonSanddune01 Member Posts: 48
    Options

I have a brilliant idea ... for activating a lever that only if all surivior are within the gate area you can activate it and force them to escape ... Think about it ...

or have a lever that instant kills anyone in the gate area giving you the killer kills ... That would stop the tea bagging and force them to leave. I mean what this would do is create a dynamic where they are force to either Teabag outside of the gate giving you ample time to down them inside or being able to punish them for doing that by flipping the lever.

Though i would expect a lever to force them to leave would be better alternative.

Or have a thing where if all surivor are in the gate area then the rate of collaspe bar is sped by 300%

There lots of way to stop this tatics.

Or make it toxic to be in that area as in if you stand in there for more then 3 second you are downed and unable to cross the barrier because of the gate and unable to have the strength to pull through the barrier ...

Punish the toxic surivors who do this i consider this worse then a disconnect

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I wonder how sad someone's life has to be to spend as much time as possible showboating in a non-balanced party game.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

Sort of like when people say racial slurs to my family or tell ethnic jokes. They're just joking or that's how they speak. It means nothing unless I make it.

Or, instead of acting like terrible people, they could just not do things whose only purpose is to annoy and upset other people.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

They "fixed" it with EGC.

• cantelope
    Options

No those are different things....

Slurs are bad because of the implied violence and social debasement behind them. This is doubly so in face to face conversation. In fact any comparison to real world harassment to some generalized action or swear in a video game is a bad joke at best and degradingly ignorant at worst.

Someone teabagging is someone being rude. Rudeness and racism are different things. Like.... very very different things.

I mean what next does burping at the dinner table make you a nazi? Not wearing socks at a guests house?

I really, really hope you're a troll.

• RodDeWitt
    RodDeWitt Member Posts: 34
    Options

The proposal that I have always wanted is that once the endgame begins, you as a killer have the opportunity to be claimed by the entity, by pressing a button, the entity will remove you from the game, at a cost of perhaps 3000 points. The survivors could still be in the game, but without the killer. In this way, when you know that the game is lost, or when you don't want to see survivors at the exit door making fun of you, you just exit the game.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

I'm not a troll. If it's just being rude, stop defending rudeness by using literally the same arguments that are used to defend racial slurs and ethnic jokes.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

The other point I thought I would make is that you don't get to control how people react to offensive behavior. The person making the ethnic slur is just 'joking'. A person who dealt with sexual assault may be offended by the person who's taunting using a behaviour that references a sexual activity. Just stop acting terrible and respect other people. It's just a video game doesn't mean there isn't a real person on the other side.

• SunsetSherbet
    Options

You need to understand anyone who defends this stuff pretty much is guaranteed to do it themselves. You wouldn't convince me otherwise. So no surprise they react almost angrily to the idea of punishment.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2021
    Options

I've been playing games since before the term 'gamer'.

It...wasn't always like this.

This new 'I get to act like a gigantic smelly butt and if you are annoyed by that it's a you problem' is a pretty new phenomenon.

Well...nothing means anything unless we let it. All language is contextual.

We derive meaning through common consensus.

Shaking hands after a match is commonly agreed on being a sign of mutual respect for the other team and the effort they made, even if they lost.

Refusing to shake hands/yelling an insult at the other team is similarly a sign of disrespect, and a nullification of said effort.

It says a lot about modern culture that the latter is not only considered acceptable because it happens in a videogame - but is somehow taken up as a cause worth defending.

It doesn't even need to be a punishment.

Honestly, just a warning is effective 4/5 times.

After a certain point, you get the community you create - and deserve.

That said...ugh.

There's a difference between telling a dark/edgy joke and being a jerk.

One of these things is intended to be funny for both parties, and one is designed to be fun at the expense of the other party.

As always, context is king.

See above.

Shaking hands or flipping someone a middle finger after a hard-fought match don't have any intrinsically positive or negative meaning, we assign these things meaning which is why they become common practice.

However, because of this commonly assigned meaning ('teabagging' is basically the gaming equivalent of spitting in someone's face after a match) - we do these activities to communicate a meaning to the other side.

'Teabagging' in this case is basically saying 'lol I wun u suck uninstall' to the other side.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

How old are you. I don't think you've been playing games since before the term "gamer".

• cantelope
    Options

So both your posts miss the point people are saying... which once again makes me think your a troll.

I'm not defending rudeness. I'm pointing out that reacting to someone being rude by comparing it to racism is a terrible thing to do. Just because I said there's a difference between a nazi and someone who didn't cover there mouth when they burped doesn't mean I'm defending burping in people's faces.

As for your second post... stop. Trying to compare someone tapping crouch to jokes about ######### victims and racism is disgusting. Outright disgusting. It has no place in this thread or this discussion. Stop.

There is an infinite chasm between someone being kinda rude in a game and someone being openly bigoted. Stop putting the two anywhere near each other. You aren't helping anyone in anyway. You're just degrading the struggle and frustrations of people you clearly know nothing about if you think they have any place in the same breath.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    edited December 2021
    Options

"Well...nothing means anything unless we let it. All language is contextual.

We derive meaning through common consensus."

b-b-but its just pressing CTRL, you must have a sad life to be offended by hitting CTRL

*says the person who rabidly smashes the ######### out of their CTRL key at the end of every game, before probably crying themselves to sleep*

• TheSubstitute
    Options

I've worked with people who have gone through the exact same things I'm talking about. My job for over a decade was helping people recover from that. I'm not even going to get into even more personal stuff than that. If you do think that taunting someone who has survived sexual assault by using a taunt that specifically references sexual activity should be laughed off as a 'oh, they're just being rude' and couldn't be triggering then you are being clueless. There is no reason to do it to a stranger except to try to be rude and ruin their day and it could be even worse depending on what they've gone through. Start thinking of other people and have empathy.

• TheSubstitute
    Options

I think I lost my previous post so I apologize if this is a repeat. You are the one who is not making a connection. I have significant experience with both issues. I worked with victims of sexual assault for over a decade helping them recover from their trauma. I'm not even going to get into more personal items. If you do not think that taunting strangers using something that references sexual activity could not be triggering you are being clueless.

And I specifically referenced ethnic jokes as most weren't told to be offensive; they were 'funny'. While racism is a far worse problem I am not directly equating the severity of the issue; I'm equating their intent. Both racist jokes and teabagging are done to make fun of other people at their expense. That's the connection you're overlooking.

So, other than upsetting people, is there any reason to teabag? You don't know what the other person has gone through who's sitting on the other side of the screen. Why be a jerk and, depending on their background, offend people far worse than what you intended so you (if you do tbag) can have a laugh at people at their expense?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Doesn't wear me down at all. I just don't care what some stranger thinks of me. Let them t-bag and flashlight click all they want. I personally never do anything toxic as killer or survivor. That's just not how I like to play. If someone gets that offended over a game, then they shouldn't be playing (especially online games).

• SunsetSherbet
    Options

I don't really care if some hacker flies around my matches, doesn't make the hacker issue okay. If people can't handle hackers, they shouldn't be playing online games. Can't name one without them.