Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Asking the dev team to actually do something about the BM at exit gates #1

1235»

Comments

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

I dont really have much to add to the discussion but I just find it funny and a bit weird that all the people saying

Bming is a bad thing and makes you a bad person got banned or jailed

And all the people defending it got nothing

Again nothing to add I just found that rather odd

Like I don't think I would ever see that on any other game forum is all I'm saying

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Not that I think it has any correlation with the moderation (I'm assuming it has to do with the rhetoric used, because at least some of these bans, I understand why they happened), but... hypothetically, the playerbase being fine with high levels of toxicity would be a good thing for BHVR, because it would mean they don't have to do anything about it.

Man was this thread exhausting to read, though. Faith in humanity takes 1d4 damage. Just because something isn't as bad as something else does not make it okay, or people pathetic for disliking it.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

Not trying to call out the mods or anything like that

I'm just saying I don't think you would see that on any other team game forum like lol or dota or smite

And if you did I'm sure on their more people would notice and point it out

So I'm very shocked I'm the first to mention it

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Idk why they don’t do what identity v does and add a ‘get up’ animation thay plays before they can run again

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

In most cases that would be true here's the problem with this game the same people who bm like no tomorrow are 9/10 times the same people who will account message you to go ######### or drink bleach because something didn't go their way.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I always thought it would be kinda funny if Warden was INSTEAD a built IN mechanic that PUNISHED players for hanging out in the Exit zone too long and LOCK them in for GOOD.

The exit gate zone kinda reminds me of the good old days of "base" back in the days of grade school. Where you could not be tagged if you were in the "safe zone" and so everyone would hang out there and laugh because they could not be tagged.

Now if only they would change that here.... >:-)

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I mean, you can say that BM at the exit gate is just not that bad and that you should just chase the survivors through it and move on to the next game, but IT IS a sort of ritualized humiliation of the killer. Of course you as the killer know that you have lost and that you can catch no more survivor, baring some very bad play of them, so why do so many survivors have that vitriolic urge to rub it in as deeply and thorough then possible?

I totally understand that you might linger till everyone is there, in case you want to go for an altruistic save, but its really SO annyoing to drudge through half the map, because you went to the wrong exit gate, just to have 2 or 3 survivors proudly tease you for your effort. So nowadays once its clear I can't catch anyone, I watch some youtube videos on my second monitor, while amusing myself about how desperate some of the survivors are about getting their killer salt.

When I stand in sight of the exit gates some come out and try to tease you, clickspamming their flashlights or massively vaulting pallets, just to get you to move, and wasting even more of everyones times, but they never get far enough out that they actually put themselves into danger. This ones are usually extra toxic in the after game chat, so they are definitely no nice persons to play with or being around. And yes, they show some lack of basic empathy for the other side and I would not wish to engage with this kind of persons on a personal level.

Maybe once everyone is secured give them some kind of laceration meter that fills up, standing in the exit gate zone and that only declines when they move back into the map, forcing them to either leave, or really play with fire, if they so much desire to do so. Another possibility could be to give them some kind of token for lingering too long in the exit area that makes it impossible to leave for or at least not crawl out for while; I dont know, this are just some quick shots and probably all have big abusable holes in them that I didnt think about, but BM at the exit gates is just one big time waster and just one more stress and frustration factor for the already stressful and frustrating role of the killer.

• DragoonSanddune01
    DragoonSanddune01 Member Posts: 48

I couldnt agree more , you get 3 second total before your hit with a instant death from enitity would solve alot of that BM at the gate ... like go through it or face the wrath.