The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive Strike: I think this is op

DragoonSanddune01
DragoonSanddune01 Member Posts: 48
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Basically a jail get out of free card ... and i propose that it get de-activated when gates are open

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

It isn't overpowered, it isn't a 'get out of jail free card', and it should not get de-activated after the gates are open.

The perk deactivates the moment the Survivor starts healing themselves, touches a generator, touches a totem, sabotages a hook & unhooks another Survivor. This means if they do anything to progress the game at all, they lose the perk, which by proxy means if you ever get hit by the perk, you were hard tunnelling.

DS after the exit gates are open is not an issue. That's on you for not forcing them to use it earlier in the trial.

• DragoonSanddune01

hmmmm they didnt use it on their 2 hook so.....they saved it at the end not much i can do to force them

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Nah, it's fine the way it is. You're not guaranteed a kill end game. Survivors deserve ro have a counter to end game camping and tunneling. Get over it.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

DS is fine. It's not a free get away, it's a perk designed to prevent tunneling. If you get hit by DS, you're tunnelling. It's that simple.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Stop tunneling survivors and DS won't be a problem. I rarely get hit with DS because I try my best to not tunnel. I hate it when I'm tunneled so I don't do it to others. Don't be a noob.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I dislike it when you can hide in a locker with it, come out with either head on, or iron maiden and be exposed or be caught in a locker and still use it.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Then just leave them alone, or better yet, eat the stun so they can't use it later instead.

They're sacrificing an entire perk slot just to avoid being instantly tunnelled, downed and rehooked. That's one less Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Circle of Healing, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, etc you have to worry about.

Every second they spend waiting out the DS timer (in a locker or not) is a second they're spending not doing generators.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Good joke

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

I quite happily eat dh and ds just to remove survs from the game. Wounded survs have little value now with op CoH

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

DS is overrated garbage perk. You barely get to use it in high rank anyway. Like one or twice in 10 games. Killers know better than to eat a DS and just respect it anyway.

I do think the perk needs some adjustment though like DS gets deactivated if you got healed to healthy state, I just found it dumb that this person I wasn't even tunneling to begin with ate a one shot ability and still DS me. Otherwise the perk is fine.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Nope, decisive strike is fine now.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

DS is in the most balanced state it ever was. No need to rework it

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

It's perfectly balanced now imo

Dead Hard is the bastard child that needs to be taken to the vet and be fixed

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Perhaps so, and I guess you can always ask in comments.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

Dude you're a new player who hasn't even seen half of what DbD has to offer. All of your posts are complaints and everything you don't like about the game. If you have this many problems with the game why don't you just stop playing? It's not like you spent money buying the game anyways. Every single one of your posts has been shot down and received negatively by people who have been playing more than a week. Just stop. Like what did you do get the game and play it just so you can whine and complain about literally everything in the game?

• DragoonSanddune01

its just something that i see as killer. I dont mind if they are using the perk to its fullest ... but atm Every damn round ... its the same ######### ...

Clicky flashlight , Lightborned ...

Three gen down in matter of minutes after chasing someone for a little while.

Then they play with chases i can slug two at this point because Suriviors dont want to rush last gen ....

Dont get me started on kicking gen ... when all they gotta do is tap it and then it stop regression

hook the player twice ... then proceed to chase forever they open gate ... dont care about being downed near gate get picked up ... DS out and run out ... or crawl out to win .... DS is checkmate .... It just a perk that i believe should be disable when the gate are open .... as in either i let you bleed out or crawl out ... or take the DS and you run out ... I literally cannot do anything to stop them.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I think you should be happy that it is in its current state

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Unpopular opinion, but considering the deactivation on nearly everything, I would consider it alright if DS activated on both hook states now. I mean, you don't stop getting tunneled just because you DS the killer once.

• DragoonSanddune01

i wouldnt mind it at all , each hook reset the DS that fine ... but de-activate when gate are open.

• DragoonSanddune01

all im saying really is give the killer some bone at the end, holding a trumph card at the end is like... check mate for the killer ... unless if you want me to go back to camping