The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is The Nurse fair and balanced?

GamerEzra
GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

What do you guys think?

A lot of people hate the Spirit, but what do you think about the Nurse.

I hate the Nurse, in my opinion she is the most unbalanced killer in DBD.

Is The Nurse fair and balanced? 157 votes

Yes, Nurse is fair and balanced.
58%
etms51AdelooAbsolute_ZeroSeiko300OnryosTapeRentalsChocolate_CosmosGHERBEARRULESJplanas98SlothGirlyHulkHodnDramzar_MyersRaptorrotasReikoMoriLeonardo1itapizzaduffyhp90[Deleted User]konchokmusstang62ElusivePukkaAvilgus 92 votes
No, Nurse needs a buff.
8%
GibberishAcromiojuk3ta1entPokemonGOPlayerAwkward_FiendSquirrel_ThiccTeabaggingGhostfacegetuy45u4iuhailxsatanxeveryxdayHex_IgnoredmaxjacobusvoidTr1nityCal28 13 votes
No, Nurse needs a nerf.
15%
TapeKnotAven_FallenFreddy96MrPenguinTaigaR1ch4rd_N1x0nSadLegionHannonMadLordJackJay_WhyaskRattiusFobboIlliterateGenocideNoOneKnowsNovagilgamerteslasQuAdeLULgamerismeySocialRespect007TacitusKilgore 24 votes
No, Nurse is the most unfair and unbalanced killer in the game. (NERF)
17%
kodiakygnehehebrokedownpalaceBabyCameron10xEazach3734DonZwiebelRoboMojoHippielandromatThePolicehazzzardYordsDhurl421GannTMKajdanKilav3PSPJohnagon_InfinityGamerEzra 28 votes

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

i think nurse needs a nerf, but i dont know how they would do it without making her horrible to play

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

I think she's fine. SHe is the hardest Killer to learn and also the strongest. Makes sense to me. Maybe change her Addons a bit but the rest is ok.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I don’t necessarily think she’s fair, but I think her difficulty curve sort of makes up for that. I don’t think she needs a Nerf, but I’m not sure how to vote.

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58

Yes she may be the strongest killer in the game but her skill level is so high some of the best players in this game can't play her well because of her high skill threshold. I can't even get one blink hit at all even with baby survivors (true story there)

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846
    No, Nurse needs a buff.

The almighty STATS say pig is doing fine and needs no buffs. On the same stats nurse is at the bottom of the lost thus she needs buffs

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

This minus the nerf. I Don't think she deserves a nerf, its simply unfair to the people who have mastered her and rightfully deserve the ez kills they get. Nurse is actually quite balanced in her low tier/mid tier brackets. Most players in that skill area can generally still be a threatening killer you have a chance to outplay without ever feeling unfair to fight. A good nurse though? Like a REALLY good nurse? The average/above average Survivor has absoloutely no hope of winning against that and the match becomes more about watching in awe as your team gets demolished by this very rare sight. A skilled nurse breaks every possible option in two, you can't even use nurse specific outplays because they've mastered the killer to a degree where they'll read you like a neon texted book.

TL:DR Top tier nurses are a hopeless depressing fight, but are so rare that i do not think nurse should ever be nerfed further. She is OP in capable hands, though.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,410

No, but she was never supposed to be.

• KitoMP
    KitoMP Member Posts: 6

Just like some of the comments above, I agree she's very powerful when she's mastered, but nonetheless she's ok.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 942
    edited July 2021

I dont think she deserves a nerf she is fine

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    edited July 2021
    No, Nurse needs a buff.

Nurse needs to get bugfixed. However, if played at peak potential, there's not much survivors can realistically do to stall her chases for long.

The bugfixes are why I said she needs buffed, even though it's just making her work as intended.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

It always bugged me when people are saying "really good Nurse are unstoppable, she needs a nerf", like, really good Oni will stomp on you, a main Blight even more than the Oni, etc... There are players that are "maining" a killer, that are smart, and that have mastered every string you have to know while playing the killer.

It is the same for Nurse, but the people who finally mastered her have a sh*tload of hours with her, so yes, they know how survivors are reacting to her (blame yourself if you're super predictable or running in the open), they know exactly how to charge to blink wherever they want. I'm sorry, but Nurse is my favourite killer to go against by a very very long shot. But to counter her, you have to exactly know how Nurse is working (basically, you have to exactly know where the Nurse wants to blink).

She's fine, after putting 700 hours in her, and playing wisely, I have 4K/12 hooks non stop. But I never loose against a Nurse. The required skill to win against a Nurse is to have mastered the Nurse.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

If you think Nurse is balanced you're just wrong. Period.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Addon rework at most. Most problematic thing I can think about her are Kavanagh and Fragile Wheeze. Besides that people should really just get good.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

Not really a Nerf, a complete Rework.

Her ability is outdated and should not exist in this form anymore. She is from a time where real Infinites were a thing.

There are two reasons why there are no mass-complaints about her:

• A good Nurse is rare
    • A good Nurse took time to learn her

But thats about it. The thing is, nobody needs to learn Nurse these days. Every Killer is viable in Red Ranks and there are a bunch of Killers which help to 4K most of your matches. Back when Nurse was created, only she was able to do that, now you have a huge variety, so nobody needs to bother learning Nurse. You can win almost as many games with Spirit, while only using a fraction of time to learn her.

I guess if more people would invest their time in learning Nurse, we would see more complaints.

So yeah, I guess she needs a serious rework. It should not be basically impossible to lose once you learned her enough. It also should not be impossible to win when you did not put that much time into her.

Like, she needs to be tuned down, but also be more accessible for newer players (like, it should not be as punishing to swing after missing a Blink, as an example).

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

You said exactly the reason why some people are complaining about good Nurses : they are rare, they don't know how to play against. Or you're a veteran, or you played or play her and you know exactly how to play around her weaknesses.

She has a lot of counterplays when the LoS is broken, a lot of mindgame where a constant attention to the killer can save your life. Nurse is my main, and Nurse is my favourite killer to go against. She's perfectly fine. A "good Nurse" means nothing, if the killer is good (the killer, I mean the player), in fact he will win, that's all.

And please no... Do NOT make her easier to play.... Stop with beginner friendly gameplay, she's "hard", she has to be so. If you're a beginner, you shouldn't play her, and even if you're not a beginner, the game has to propose hard gameplay to the people who wants hard gameplay.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

She's not balanced but she doesn't need a nerf WITH CURRENT GAME STATUS and i wanna focus on the CURRENT GAME STATUS.

• my_name_jeff_69
    my_name_jeff_69 Member Posts: 95

Nurse is in a good spot currently, balance wise.

She is by far the strongest killer in the game and ignores base game mechanics which makes her nuts, but this comes with a huge learning curve, a learning curve only few people can get past and get really good with her.

You don't see too many good Nurses ever, hell it's rare to get a Nurse as your killer in a game period, and due to this I don't think she needs a nerf. She's not played nearly enough and not enough people play her at a high level, which leaves room for counter play, this counter play being

• breaking line of sight
    • occasionally doubling back
    • getting a good dead hard off Now a good Nurse has really no counter in this game, other than doing the things I said above but y'know, faster, better, ect ect, I think that's okay, good Nurses tend to only play good survivor squads which, is fine, a high level survivor group against a good Nurse is fair, considering how much more survivor sided the game is at high level play. A killer like Nurse with someone who plays them good, is going to be one of the only killers that can even keep up. I think the main reason why people would want to nerf Nurse is because a good Nurse is oppressive as #########, but I don't think just because a killer is oppressive, means they need a nerf, there are some really oppressive Trappers out there, he doesn't need a nerf. Her power isn't unfair or anything, it's just difficult to go against someone who knows how to use it, which is fine, Nurse is in a great spot, a few addon adjustments and I'd say she's in a perfect place.
  • maxjacobusvoid
    maxjacobusvoid Member Posts: 7
    No, Nurse needs a buff.

I voted for buff, but I also want to add a nerf with the buff.

Remove the fatigue for doing just 1 blink, but increase the ability CD if you don't chain at least once. This way, the skill threshold isnt so high that people turn off Nurse as a viable killer because of constant fatigues, but keeps her deadly level down a bit.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Nurse is balanced by the bugs the devs don't fix.

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

A mechanic who ignores survivor defenses should never exist.

I play since 2016 and she was always OP and will always be.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Can still be stunned, blinded and even lightburned. What is she ignoring exactly?

Could we please stop trying to nerf the killer's top tiers all the time? It starts being unbearable.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

The Nurse is not overpowered, and does not need a nerf, but that doesn't mean she's fine where she is either. A match of Dead By Daylight that features the Nurse as the Killer is not a balance problem- she's insanely hard and anyone who can stomp with her has basically earned it by being that much better at the game than their opponents. She is not a problem because of that.

The problem is that she has kind of a chokehold on how good any given killer perk or baseline mechanic for killers is allowed to be, because anything only even decent on other killers could be utterly beastly on her. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I'd support a full rework to try and mitigate this problem.

I don't want to see her be any weaker. I want to see her no longer being a thorn in the side of ongoing game balance.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

may I introduce you to Pyramid Head?

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20

She's really powerful but I think it's justified given that she is difficult to play.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

This is what I was thinking before voting. However, I just decided to fold and say Nurse is balanced precisely because of all the mechanical skill, knowledge, and practice that's required to play Nurse at that high high level.

• Dilif69
    Dilif69 Member Posts: 148

yes nurse is fair and balanced bcs she is soo hard to play and takes a lot of skill to be good with her

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited October 2021

Nurse is fair and balanced now, she does need very very much needed bug fixes that are being ignored as of current though. The only people who think she isn't balanced are coincidentally the people who don't know how to play against Nurse.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    No, Nurse needs a buff.

I voted she needs a buff but I don't think she actually needs any "buffs" at all. More so like Trapper, quality of life changes and bug fixes.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Nurse, Pyramid Head, Cannibal, and Cenobite are the most balanced killers in the game imo

Definite tier differences, but the most balanced overall when used to their fullest.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

To be honest I hate the “recharge” mechanic. She felt more elegant before the change. I’d like to see it removed along with Billy’s overheat (or significantly increase the time it takes to overheat.. at the very least make the cooldown only take about a second to get going again)

Obviously blink recharge was a nerf so it can’t exactly be removed but I wish she retained her elegance because the recharge just looks, feels, and even sounds clunky.

A true nerf on current Nurse could maybe be something like.. regardless of how many charges you have, blinking through a wall at any time and the destination is out of your line of sight then all charges would be consumed. This would limit her to pretty much 1 blink in a lot of situations so you’d really have to make it count.. possibly make it so blinking through a wall/LOS block can only be done if 2 blinks are available (traversing through walls can only be executed on your first blink). If you used a blink in the open without travelling through any objects then the last remaining one cannot be used to blink through a wall for example..

• BlueMeansDeep
    BlueMeansDeep Member Posts: 65

I think she’s fine and the killer I enjoy playing against most, BUT highly unhealthy for the game.

Many perks can’t be buffed because of how oppressive the nurse could be with them.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I'm going to say yes, those that are particularly skilled at Nurse are few and far between for me.

But I think that her steep learning curve outweighs the benefits of being good at her.

• Leon_S_Kennedy
    Leon_S_Kennedy Member Posts: 66

In my opinion she is only unfair if it is a good player

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

Nurse is the single killer in DbD that could be easily (* the most important word of the sentence *) played by an AI with absurd efficiency

This killer can't be balanced in a game where one side can mainly use stealth + pallets + windows, while this killer can basically teleport everywhere.

She still is fun to play as and vs on a regular basis ... because most of players are just not so great with her. She is utterly unbalanced as soon you add great muscle memory experience + add-ons + strong regression/detection perks.

This is just basic logic!

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

She's not fair but she doesn't deserve a nerf, she requires a ton of skill and frankly Survivor at high MMR isn't fair for the rest of the Killers, so I think many things need to be changed before she gets changed.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t necessarily think Nurse is out of balance, but I think she’s really unfun to play as. That wheeze mechanic where you stare at the ground 1/3 of the match is incredibly annoying. I’d consider playing her if I could at least keep her head up while she’s stunned. Heck, if they kept her head up, and to compensate for that “buff” slowed down her teleport refresh half a second, I’d probably like her. As is she’s the only killer I actively don’t bother playing.

• OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66

Probably the most well balanced killer in the game right now.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    No, Nurse needs a buff.

Underwhelming trash, let her look in lockers before going into fatugue and you have a good killer .

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

The fact people think she’s balanced boggles me. She’s incredibly unhealthy for the game in her current state and she’s the only killer in the game I wouldn’t mind if they completely nerfed to the ground because of how much she’s keeping this game from being balanced.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

However, 3 blink Nurse is OP and should be removed again (rework that addon).

• Pulsar_Pain
    Pulsar_Pain Member Posts: 23

Isn't Nurse the problem, but survs, with a normal premade, not good, normal, survs got easy win

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122

For the most part she's fair, I think her plaid addon should just be a part of her kit to make her more accessible to new players (just change it so it removes the marker but gives you extra BP), but she's fine. She takes genuine skill, something uncommon in this game.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 942

tell me you don't play nurse without telling me

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

Experienced nurse = instant loss for survivors (except swf)

Inexperienced nurse = ######### match , most propably teabagging, trolling , click-click