Cheaters Aren't Taken Seriously Enough

Breadn
Breadn Member Posts: 203
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

As everyone knows there are a ridiculous amount of blatant cheaters, especially for content creators. I get blatant cheaters (it isn't copium, literally flying and running at 400% speed) once every about 30 games as killer.

I play Blight at a high-ish level, and believe to be towards the top of the MMR "pyramid" if you will, which is probably why I've been getting them since they get guaranteed escapes every game. The problem is, I don't want to sit around for 20 minutes while they fly around, insta-heal everyone, and sometimes even hold the game hostage, so I DC.

That adds up to a DC about once every 2 days, which stacks up onto my DC penalty. I'm currently at a 6 hour DC penalty because I have to DC when someone cheats.

There NEEDS to be some kind of veto system that's tied to reports. Maybe once someone's account has been reported at least 5 times within 7 days, there is a veto button in the match that will DC everyone once 2-3 people press it?

I don't know, I'm not a game designer nor will I pretend to be one. But if the anticheat cannot be improved for some technical reason, other precautions need to be put in place.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I honestly feel the game pretty much need some sort of replay/demo system. At the very least on the side of the devs so reports have demo-like files attached to them (think of a "movie script" representing every little thing that happened during a match tick by tick, that the game engine can process to replay it down to the smallest detail). Preferably replays/demos that players can keep and share around as well of course, but even the former would be great if possible.

Cheaters do get banned, but I have no doubt in my mind a lot of people quite simply can't be bothered to remember to report in game, record evidence, upload said evidence and then make a ticket for it.

You're never gonna stop cheating, any measure like various kinds of user ID (IP, account, HWID) just make it slightly more complex to circumvent and spoof their way around it if they really want to continue cheating. But quite simply inconveniencing cheaters as much as possible by banning them quickly and often actually makes a lot of cheaters decide they've had their fun and they can't be bothered to continue doing it anymore.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

I hope you're having fun with it. I've played over 3 years and they have not done anything good to the game since. They had fixed pallets then broke them then took several months to fix them but the game still lags. You ever down a survivor and they move 3 feet to your other side because their servers are old and slow (same old servers?) ya. Loops were busted so they gave killer extra stuff to do like break their busted maps walls. LOL it's terrible imho.

• Breadn

And that relates to my post.. how exactly? I've been playing the game since early 2018 and I've (for the most part) only seen improvements. Sure there are the occasional negative changes like the hillbilly nerf or movement changes or the ones you've listed, but there are mostly positive ones.

Nerfed overpowered perks, nerfed overpowered items, nerfed overpowered killers, nerfed semi-infinites, pallet stun validation, add-on nerfs/changes, complete killer reworks, etc. There are a lot of things they could be doing better but again, how does this relate?

• Leatherface1990
    edited December 2021

THEY don't take anything seriously. I must have came off as extremely vague and in the fog ;) sowwy

• Breadn

New accounts are $3 on third-party sites, and easy ways to avoid them being able to tell if an account is correlated to your old banned one are prevalent. This game has tens of thousands of players constantly, it would take at least a dozen hours for support to get through all the recordings to yours. There needs to be a short-term solution so that people don't get a ridiculous penalty.

Maybe this is entitled to say but maybe remove the penalty for killer entirely? Survivors can power through gens and get out within 5 minutes, Killers have to sit through games being held hostage and/or BM until EGC is over.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Cheaters can hold survivors hostage too. I had a cheater game last night where I tried to do gens and once the cheaters noticed, they started remote blowing up my gens. Took one second to torpedo a 40% gen. I eventually managed to get the killer to kill me, but it was pretty difficult and took us a lot of tries when they were auto-healing and auto-wiggling me.

I agree with the people on this thread saying BHVR needs to improve their report system. It's ridiculous that you can't actually report people unless you have recording software, and even when you do, it takes them weeks to get around to it.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

BHVR needs to implement an actual functioning anti-cheat instead of what seems to just be a placebo to encourage people to not cheat. Why improve the report system? Why should we have go out of our way to spend ~10 minutes everytime we find a cheater so BHVR can simply ban them when they don't want to deal with the problem themselves?

love the montages btw @Breadn keep it up 👍

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Reporting on Playstation literally does nothing. It gets tossed into the void.

BHVRs reporting system is a joke. Having to take video proof of it, when you have no idea when it is going to happen, and then having to submit a report through their "submit ticket" link (good luck finding it, unless they actually finally fixed the link) is just ridiculous.

• Leatherface1990
    edited December 2021

This is a reason why we need Console ONLY Crossplay, even then you will get lag switchers who ruin the game for the killer and DDoS hackers and you WILL get targeted if you are a good Survivor/Killer/Gamer.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

i'd say if EGC last more than 15 seconds theres no penalty

• Valdaxexe
    Valdaxexe Member Posts: 15

i also have the same experience as u i meet cheaters probably around every 40 matches or so but when i encounter them i just play the game normally and ignore them since i already know im not getting a 4k or even a hook but well whatever idk if bhvr bans cheaters especially because there was teh epic games sale a week ago i think? which cheaters probably got like multiple accounts but yea, their number is uncontrollable so idk if bhvr is gonna be manually banning them, best bet is a post match recording that can be reviewed by players and mods and just make like a special place for reporting and a mod team dedicated to banning cheaters

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

BHVR hasn't even acknowledged them, it is beyond unacceptable.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

"As everyone knows there are a ridiculous amount of blatant cheaters..."

I definetely did not know this, last time I've seen one was about 500-700 hrs ago, and it was quite a fun guy. What do you do to see them this often?

• Breadn

Well I play Blight pretty sweaty so the MMR system puts me up very high (not calling myself good, thats just how it works) and cheaters are usually at high MMR aswell from, well, cheating their way to the win.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2021

As far as I know I was at the literally highest existing mmr group when the season started, so worst case we play at the same rating.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

These Record functions don't need a lot of space either since it's usually just server data. It might be a bit difficult for older systems with performance, but I made very good experiences with it in games like PUBG or WOT even with my older PC back then.

The game just needs to save maybe the last 5 matches. Or let the player chose how many matches it should save (1, 10 and 30 are good options). This could also be used to review other players (or yourself) and improve your gameplay.

They also need to implement something that detects when certain actions like screaming or hooking are spammed. Or if a Flashlight suddenly has medkit-addons, the stun is 1min long etc.