Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

As killer, what made you stop playing the game (or playing less killer) ?

We talk a lot about killers playing less or simply quitting the game, but if you could choose *only one reason* what would it be ?

For me it is dead hard. After 300h+ I realized I would have this perk for every survivor in my games punishing me each time I use my power. The worst is on my nurse when I get fatigue for free after an amazing blink because the survivor pressed one button. Also, it made me stoped playing twins completely which was a killer I enjoyed a lot.

What about you ?

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I've been playing more killer than survivor. The role has gotten progressively easier over the years and gives you more bloodpoints for just playing normally. That and I dont have the stress of my teammates doing the dumbest things/deliberately sandbagging me (I'm looking at you Claudette - who stood blocking the gate mechanism while I run to the gate with a bubba behind me) and making me question my own reality

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

I just get bored of the game sometimes and I come back. Nothing really pushes me away because all of it has been adaptable. The biggest turn off for me was the pallet bug earlier this year, I really hated that on both sides.

If one thing that makes me really annoyed and edges me toward quitting it would have to be how busted DH is when used right, and I get a lot of those. It's shamelessly overpowered and survivors abuse it to the fullest. I see it in the majority of builds too.

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

I haven’t touched dbd for about a month now. I did buy the new killer and played one game as her. The game is just not interesting to me anymore despite new content being released.

I haven’t even tried the new event or even logged on for the rewards. I have way better games that I’m happily enjoying right now, dbd just isn’t one of them. The games super stale and needs a refresher personally, it’s not the fact that I’m constantly losing games I just start playing and dc half way through because I get bored super quick. I think it’s a mix of a lot of things, the devs ignorance of the balance issues, the immense grind and just overall health for the game.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I guess I was just a killer main before, took a break from killer, played survivor and before u know it I was a 80% 20% survivor main, lol

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Queue times.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m still playing only killer and I play as much as I have.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I’ve always stuck with more killer my Solo Q teammates are the real killers

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Dead Hard, single-handedly.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Dealing with toxic survivors and the overall stress. I play video games to relax and as a distraction; my playtime has been half and half (used to be nearly all killer) because I find survivor to be a lot more relaxed and not require as much focus and concentration.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,530

The reworks and unnecessary changes killed this game bit by bit for me, so I left it entirely.

A sad fate for someone who had been playing since 2018, but it is what it is.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

I always love how they react to players' questions :D It's always rude but true in the same time.

Well from what I can tell I am 99% of my time in dbd as a survivor. So I wanted for a game or two try a killer side. I chose Pig as it is only killer I played so far.

I got a premade two times who completely destroyed me. It felt so bad I couldnt even hit anyone :D It did not feel so stressfull several month ago while I was playing a killer.

The truth is that hidden mmr is not working as it should, it does not feel like you get proper enemies, more like it TRIES to do it but in the end it will give you what's left in waiting list :-)

I do hope they will give some hint of where are you with your skill more or less... right now its just guessing.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

Dh rework, MMR, COH

• k0reant3a
    k0reant3a Member Posts: 139

They are a good idea it gives survivors another objective but deffo needs nerfing

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545

Killer isnt fun how will you fix it.

PlAy SuRvIvOr.......

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited December 2021

Definitely not the BM survivors. I don't give a ######### about their teabagging, clicky clicky or insults in chat. I would say boon: circle of healing and the fake hits against dh.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Sometimes I just switch over to Survivor cause it's less pressure. I dont have to worry about pressuring gens, stopping people from healing, protecting my totems and doing well in chases all at the same time. As survivor, at any given moment I only really have to heal a person, work on a generator, or evade the killer. I can focus on one thing at a time as opposed to like, 4 things at a time.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

i didnt quit killer but what made me play less is Toxicity, terrible queu times and terrible grind.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Me? I had to study for exams, that's why I'm playing less..

On that note I probably shouldn't be on the forums either...

Ill see yall friday.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Problem is that it isn't a Survivor objective, it's a Killer one

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Boons, MMR, Hit/DH validation, BNPs every match (many times with prove thyself, resilience and other bs), so many unbalanced maps... Nerfs to low tier killers.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Maybe the mmr is working perfectly but the balance is off. Showing more and more people how the game really is.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have been playing Jenshin Impact so much and coming back to killer while being rusty is way more annoying than just queueing for survivor. Once I get back to DBD as a main game, I will be back to killer 90% of the time.

• k0reant3a
    k0reant3a Member Posts: 139

I wouldn’t mind if if killer was to break the totems or if the killer snuffs it the boon will be on cool down can’t can’t be relit for a few seconds

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,605

Broken hit validation.

Rewind dead-hard.

Huge maps + boon totems.

VHS private beta access.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Being forced to play the "meta" rather it be by the Killers played or the Builds used

I don't use DH (or any exhaustion Perks)... Cause i don't want to be Exhausted for 40+ seconds

I don't use Iron Will (Even though I have been thinking about adding it)... cause i feel better for not using that perk

I do use BT... cause it's a Team Perk (I have been thinking of replacing it with We'll Make It... But who stays around after being Unhooked)

I don't use DS... cause I know I'm going to miss that Skillcheck at some point (I have thought about adding it to my build but It's full... LOL)

I do use Kindred and Stakeout... For team knowledge and Killer Knowledge plus hitting multiple Great Skillchecks feel good

And on the Killer side...

I do use Corrupt... Cause I want a chase to start before a Gen gets done (Bad Word) it

I don't use BBQ & Chilli... Cause I know that Shadowstep is in the game (I know that there are other perks and things to Counter BBQ but That's when I stopped

I use Whispers... Cause knowing that I am close to a Survivor is worth more then looking for a Survivor that might not be there

I don't use Pop... Cause i don't like the time wasted on kicking the Gens

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

SWF with all meta perks being too strong for 99% of Killers to deal with

• If I had to pick a single reason hmm...It's like playing a game of Halo, you vs 4 other people, you start with a plasma pistol, can't pick up any other weapons or grenades and they start with 4 rocket launchers and sniper rifles, would you find that fun? I sure don't.