Solo Queue is not unplayable

Options
Ruma
Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

First of all, i am NOT against some solo buffs to bring them on par with SWF etc, i even want some buffs.

(with this i mean that i want information buffs for solos, nothing else)

But i keep seeing people crying for killer nerfs and hardcore survivor buffs just because they have bad experiences as solos.

More often then not they then blame the killers and act like the game is extremly unbalanced which is simply not the case.

The reason why solo is so hard is because of YOU or YOUR teammates.

Either YOU screw your mates over with sonethng or YOUR mates screw something over.

Most DBD players are really bad and most of them are playing solo which causes your games to have alot of survivors who just insta drop every pallet (even if the killer isnt even chasing them...) or you get survivors who dont do gens, dont go for unhooks, DC on first down and all this stupid stuff.

The thing is, while getting them in your team is extremly frustrating, you can only blame your team and not the killer or the game balance.

IF they would ,,balance" the game in a way one survivor is able to simple erase the tons of errors their mates made and is able to easily finish all the gens and totems by themselfs if needed (because of bad mates), how do you think is the killer supposed to have a chance?

Its a 1vs4.

Its a teamgame.

You have to work together to escape and if your team does bad plays, your whole team has to live with it.

You just shouldnt be able to easily do everything alone in a 1vs4 because this would just destroy the meaning of the game and the balance.

Did you ever won a match with a decent random team and was like ,,Damn we won, some things on our side should get nerfed so the other side can stand a chance."?

I never saw anyone saying something like that.

Its always someone instantly crying for buffs for their side or nerfs for the other side if they lose.

Also this isnt a us vs them, it goes BOTH ways so dont even try to start a war here now.

Comments

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

"did you ever won a match with a decent random team and was like ,,Damn we won, some things on our side should get nerfed so the other side can stand a chance."?

I never saw anyone saying something like that.

Its always someone instantly crying for buffs for their side or nerfs for the other side if they lose."

I did make this topic

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297186/im-starting-to-think-there-should-be-requirements-before-you-start-repairing-generators#latest

• Ruma
    Options

It was just an example but tbh.. We both know the Community..

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    Options

Yeah I get through more than half my matches as survivor and I play solo. Not as much as I'd like lately but low mmr is supposed to be worse so eh?

I think of the other players as my team until they are not. You need to be able to switch focus once you realize your other two teammates just went to say hi to basement bubbas chainsaw.

I've sacrificed myself to save good teammates and I've casually strolled out the gate in a snowman costume for potatoes. I don't always make the right choice. I can just do the best I can.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

You're on point, I don't blame the killer when my team gets wiped playin solo. First problem I see is hardly any of the solo players run kindred. how do they not have this perk permanently selected going into solo? It's a staple of my build. You can see the camping and even insidious bubba step aside and go undetectable. I know this comment is coming, no, kindred shouldn't be base kit, solos just need to equip the perk.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

RaINbOW GrADeS UnBaLAnCeD.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

No, it's the proxy-tunneling making the game miserable for solo-survivors. I feel like I have to play sprint burst and decisive strike just to make sure the killer looses the game by proxy-tunneling me out of the game. 1st game I played yesterday, was tunneled out immediately (wasn't running sprint burst and decisive strike). 2nd game I wised up and ran both, which allowed me to run the killer 5 gens. He still tunneled me out of the game, but he lost at least.

• cantelope
    Options

What killer has a proxy to tunnel with. Like we're you just losing your crap at docs hallucinations? They don't even move.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

It wasn't doctor.

One was Wraith and one was Trapper. After they hooked me, they just stayed with about 10 to 15 meters of the hook and then when I was unhooked, they went directly after me, even when other players body blocked and took hits for me.

And it wasn't because the survivors were close to me either, I intentionally ran as far away from the other survivors as I could. I watched the survivors work a gen for a bit on the other side of the map, then run toward me after a bit. So the killer literally just waited around me so they could hook me again.

It's just not fun playing survivor when you don't get to play the game. It also sucks that you are forced to use a perk slot for DS, so you have something against proxy-tunneling-off-hook Killers.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

I actually made a discussion called “Solo que is unplayable” and I said that killers need buffs and solo doesn’t really need any honestly in a response to someone. What I said we need in solo que was actually teammates with a brain and not idiots running around getting u killed.

read the very first sentence😭

• cantelope
    Options

Yeah that's not proxy tunneling... because proxy tunneling isn't real.

Proxy camping is when someone puts down traps to "camp" for them. This is particular with hag as her trap can summon her to the tripped glyph. It means using a proxy to camp for you.

No killer has the means to proxy tunnel. That would be like if legion could send out ai bots to chase for them.

That's just someone camping and possibly actual tunneling.

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

One thing I've noticed from playing solo is a lot survivors are bad at time and objective management. Like let's say one survivor gets hooked. Unless that survivor is being camped by the killer it should only take one survivor to go save them. We don't need 3/4 of the team not working on gens because 1 person is hooked.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Literally no one is asking for killer nerfs because of solo. They're asking for a solo buff AND killer buffs with it.

• Marigoria
    Options

Do you have any gameplay from your games with those perks? Genuinely would like to see a video of that to see how your easy matches without "second chances" are going.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

It's true that solo isn't unplayable because of solo queue in and of itself. The issue is that matchmaking is still not matching survivors of similar skill with each other. When I say solo queue is unplayable, I mean that I often run killers for multiple minutes, maybe 1 gen is done between three teammates, and those same teammates fail to last even 20 seconds in a chase against that same killer. I get left on hook until struggle when I have Kindred. Players are still genuinely awful at the game and good players are punished for it even though we have a matchmaking system that should in theory quantify good vs bad and reward it.

• cantelope
    Options

Those are pretty solid solo que perks. I'd probably swap dark sense for empathy tho. Pretty much makes killer visible at all times.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

This is exactly how my experience has been. MMR was implemented, and I felt like it was great--I was finally being placed with teammates of similar skill. Each survivor got a 1 or 2 minute chase with the killer before being downed, and the killers even made some really cheeky big-brain plays that could have snowballed the game against lesser survivors.

A couple weeks go by and... MMR doesn't even feel like a thing. For reasons I do not know, I am consistently in lobbies with survivors who lack any signs of intelligent life. I say that harshly, but its painful having 2k+ hrs and being put in a trial with someone who doesn't know what a Nurse's Calling is, or that they should consider the possibility the killer might have it when they decide to heal 4m from the hook I'm being thrown on.

• Marigoria
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

Certainly agree with this. I much prefer this to the immersion-breaking swf (for the record, I have nothing against swf - just I tried it once and didn't enjoy it).

Those matches there are quite a lot of, when you're actually working really well together creates some amazing stories and it I like the unpredictability of it. It's hard mode and I love it!

However, one thing I do agree with those who don't like it is starting a game and one guy disconnects after a first hit/ down. Those are very frustrating.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

the onyl way survivors can beat a good killer in a team game is with comunication, thats why against good killers solo q is unplayable.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    Options

I find solo super chill.

Main build is SC/BK/DH/WoO

Being the first person chased with WoO and DH usually results in a win if the killer doesn't get lucky or drop chase.

It's low-key one of the more busted combos atm.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

Solo Q is a total crapshoot.

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    Options

it's very balanced. perhaps you're at low mmr.

• Ruma
    Options

And so what? I NEVER complained about SWF and i said this isnt a them vs us and yet you make this comment.

I litteraly even said all solos need it information buffs to be ON PAR with SWF.

• Marigoria
    Options
  • Raccoon
    edited December 2021
    Options

You can definitely get bad teammates regardless of your own individual skill.

You can also get people that carry the team regardless of your own individual skill.

I like the variety, personally, and can usually perform well enough to make the match worthwhile, both in terms of BP and Fun.

I do have a couple of casual friends that I play with at times (games with them are usually harder than my solo games) and a 'hit squad' that I very, very, very rarely play with because the gameplay is not fun (for me) at all given how they play.

I enjoy the dynamic nature of my matches. Solo and Killer are the best ways to achieve that.

If anyone needs a friend to play with or whatever, I'm always down.

I literally don't care about how good/bad you are as long as it enhances your game/fun and you have a good time :)

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

I never said you did. It isn’t “us vs them”, it’s just simple truth. It’s a perpetuating cycle and both sides are at fault in different ways.

Just because you may have a more nuanced view on this subject doesn’t mean the consensus follows, sadly. People in this very thread are saying survivor is so easy that we don’t need any buffs in solo. That’s just ignorant at best.

My point is to show how purposely withholding from solo queue creates the very thing these same people complain about later - not necessarily you specifically.

Solo queue tends to be the role that gets the most shafted in this game, so I’m not going to apologize for my stance on that.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

I dislike the variety, because it means my own skill matters very little.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options

Drop your id and I'll add you when I get home I'm a great deathslinger player

But I'm pretty average at survivor I would say I don't die in 30 secs at least lol and ik how to hit skill checks

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options

Need your IDs friends

I can't retrieve mine rn I'm not home otherwise I'd drop mine

Just drop yours and I shall add as soon as I can

It's my birthday today so out with my girly

• Raccoon
    Options

Happy Birthday!

I'll add it here after work if I remember.

You can die in 5 seconds - I literally don't care how you do.

I play the game primarily for funzo.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

That’s me. And happy birthday buddy hope you spent it well :)

• cantelope
    Options

Empathy shows injured survivors at a disgustingly huge range.

If you focus on something other then gens you can get a handle on what other teammates are doing and what that means for you.

It makes the killer basically always visible when combined with spine chill.

• Marigoria
    Options

Sure, but if I dont focus on gens who's gonna do them? My team mates that go down in 10 seconds? Maybe that dwight I got the other day with 10hours total?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

How were your teammates before MMR? Better/worse/same ?

• Marigoria
    Options

Honestly? Just as bad, even at red ranks.

The last SBMM test they did before they implemented it, was the best team mates I had.

• cantelope
    Options

When I am at a gen I look around. You only need to focus on it when a skill check comes up. Otherwise it's not hard to scan the area to be sure of you're surroundings. You can even catch the killer coming to you before spine chill if you got your eyes on.

With empathy this becomes ridiculously easy as you are immediately alerted to the killers presence regardless of who they go for you.

• Marigoria
    Options

I also scan the area, I dont need empathy to know what is going on. I still think empathy is only good if you want a medic build, otherwise, there's way better things to run.

• ShinobuSK
    edited December 2021
    Options

I am getting really good teammates since mmr is on. But my killer games are either too easy or too hard, no in between no matter how long I play same killers over and over.

I personally prefer old matchmaking even if means making my survivor games harder. Its just too inconsistent now

Not to mention I only play against same 5 killers, no variety anymore

• cantelope
    Options

Okay, you do you. I'm just saying some of us seem to do well with these perks instead of second chance perks. You seem to vehemently disagree. It's just kinda dumb to demand anyone who disagrees with you has to have video evidence. Only reason I spoke up to be honest.

• Marigoria
    Options

I didn't "demand" anything to anyone, do you know the difference between asking and demanding? Maybe you shouldnt "speak up" on what you have no understanding about.

• Raccoon
    edited December 2021
    Options

I use to use Empathy at times before WoO was buffed.

It's pretty good at showing killer location (ie injured aura is shown instantly on hit / you can see injured survivors at all times so running is easy to see). It's also pretty good at tracking survs on gens/gates that don't want to/can't heal, good at tracking heal targets, etc.

Also helped me take aggro for people on death hook if I felt altruistic.

I had no issues with its usefulness/viability.

• Marigoria
    Options

I'm on crossplay off since everyone seems to be way more "try hard" on there, including a bit more try hard team mates, but I also mostly get nurses and blights, which I have no problem with again.

I feel like a lot of people who say solo q isnt bad "just use this perk" or "just play this way" forgets that the issue isnt perks or whatever, since I already run kindred and bond in all of my games.

I just shouldnt be getting 10 hour dwights in my lobby when I have 5k hours. I'm just kinda bored of the usual "advice" that helps absolutely nothing. I could have 100 perk slots and run all the perks in the game it still wouldnt help me with team mates who barely have started playing.

• ShinobuSK
    Options

I dont mind blight and huntress until they make half of all my games. Variety is needed and it feels dry with same killers over and over.

And I know what you saying, if you get bad matchmaking of your team, doesnt matter what perks are in play.

I was really expecting MMR would calculate hooks and chase time as well, but I guess BHVR was satisfied with this system.

This system that basically judges survivor skill just by escaping, which is only 1 out of 4 emblems of old matchmaking...we can only hope they listen and change it

• Marigoria
    Options

That and once you're back to low MMR good luck getting out of there since team mates just get worse.

I dont understand how someone who hides all game and then gets to escape is more "skillful" than someone who gets chased, goes for saves, gens and dies on hook. But oh well I guess.