I am kinda glad stream sniping isn't bannable and I'll explain why it should stay that way.

Options
GHERBEARRULES
GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

So, as we all know, stream sniping can be very annoying to go against as you just wanna stream with friends, but this guy keeps killing you while watching your stream. The thing is stream sniping shouldn't be bannable is because most streamers are in parties with friends that LITERALLY TELL THE STREAMER where YOU are AND if they're being chased, and you're [BAD WORD],<- I censored that myself cuz I knew it would get censored if I put the word so I just put the bad word censor on purpose XD. Anyways, not only they can be in parties, but their twitch or mixer or whatever stream source, their chat could literally help them, so they can be in a party with friends against you and they could get help from their stream chat, so to streamers who complain about stream snipe, well if you're in a party and/or getting help from chat, it's the same dilemma and there is no excuse.

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Both provide an unfair advantage. And not every streamer who gets stream sniped does that party crud. I don't have much issue with chat on it's own, since if they're just watching normally they don't know things like where other survivors are or who's doing what, the same as sniping or being in a party does. They can only gather what they know from what they see from the streamer's POV. Stream sniping, on the other hand, gives you a massively unfair advantage and is done to be toxic, for the most part. So yes, stream sniping should be bannable.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options
    It should not be bannable. The streamer is able to put a delay to their stream. Just put like a minute or so. I hate it when they do that tough, the information I get is so useless  :)
  • TheDarkestHour
    TheDarkestHour Member Posts: 32
    Options

@GHERBEARRULES said:
    So, as we all know, stream sniping can be very annoying to go against as you just wanna stream with friends, but this guy keeps killing you while watching your stream. The thing is stream sniping shouldn't be bannable is because most streamers are in parties with friends that LITERALLY TELL THE STREAMER where YOU are AND if they're being chased, and you're [BAD WORD],<- I censored that myself cuz I knew it would get censored if I put the word so I just put the bad word censor on purpose XD. Anyways, not only they can be in parties, but their twitch or mixer or whatever stream source, their chat could literally help them, so they can be in a party with friends against you and they could get help from their stream chat, so to streamers who complain about stream snipe, well if you're in a party and/or getting help from chat, it's the same dilemma and there is no excuse.

But what if their not in a party, With chat somehow disabled?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Here is what I think about this, If your username has TV in it, you deserve to get stream sniped

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

Here is what I think about this, If your username has TV in it, you deserve to get stream sniped

Preach!