How to Billy?

I've played a good amount of Bubba and never really saw the need to play another Chainsaw killer, but I said, Hey, why the heck not. Anyhow, after several matches, how to use him effectively just has me scratching my head. Sure, the sprint is fast--but it seems to be just a fast way to hit the corner of every object on the map and stun myself for several seconds. I found Billy's chainsaw harder to use and effectively worse in almost every aspect than Bubba's. Now either that's simply the case, or I'm missing some sort of nuance to using his killer power. What's the best way to run this guy?

Comments

• Pig_Is_Pog
    Pig_Is_Pog Member Posts: 222

i play double engravings.

my build is shadowborn, lethal, bbq and corrupt.

billy is one of the hardest killers to play, he’s only worth playing if your willing to put the effort in but if you do get really good with him he’s quiet strong. probably better then hubby due to his insane map mobility

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Bubba's chainsaw is better in every way except the obvious lack of mobility.

Billy can cross the map and fly to a gen or gate in seconds, Bubba can not.

However chase wise it is just common sense that Bubba is superior as he can literally walk around multiple corners and objects whilst swinging the chainsaw.

Hillbilly can curve around 1 corner at best and it requires a TON of practice to do consistently well with curving and eventually looks like this (even then it requires survivors to mess up whereas Bubba's chainsaw is simply gonna mow survivors down unless they got a good setup):

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Play blight instead, thats my best advice.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

Can’t help you. I gave up trying to get good at Billy. I finally accepted that it’s not worth it for me personally—I have a much better experience with almost any other killer.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

You don't Billy, you Blight, Oni or Bubba

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

The devs traded their chainsaws a while ago and now Billy is the boy with the bootlegged one.

Even with curving into account, Bubba is still way easier and more consistent in chases.

If you want someone who goes fast, just play Blight instead. Billy is not worth the time and effort until they decide to do something about his piss poor state.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

Billy is all about map pressure. You need to play him like a pinball. You zoom around the map gen to gen to gen. When you find someone you M1 them unless they are in the open. The best time to chainsaw with Billy is when they are outpositioned.

Hook, and zoom some more. I find his best add-ons are his steering ones. If you get decent at turning with him, you can lap the map looking for survivors.

Find hook and zoom. M1 mostly, or insta saw in the open or if your right ontop of them.

Look down at their feet as you Rev and back up some b4 you take off to make sure you hit them b4 they turn last second.

He's alot of fun but good survivors know to stay bear objects loops and windows.

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

Playing Billy in his current state requires you to be a great M1 killer. I use the saw mainly for mobility. I try and find the closest 4 gens and keep a crazy amount of pressure on them. That it was he is best at right now. Breaking chases and pressuring gens leads to very stale game play at times. But it is what is....