Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How can i make my game run better? (PC)

Options

Currently, im having an problem while playing with Dead by Daylight. Im trying to play it at 1920 x 1080, with 60 Fps and at Medium quality. (Which were the settings given to me from Nividia Experience and which seemed fine with me, since according to the system requirments, my PC should be able to run the game at those settings.) However, when i play the game, there are Frameratedrops going as far as 40 Fps, when anything to rapidly happens, like an Survivor going down, me getting chased and hit by the killer, the game also freezes for an 0.1 Second and another problem is that, when i leave the game open for too long, it suddendly crashes and i need to restart my whole computer since the image is stuck and an buzzing sound appears. Is there anyway, i can make the game run better? I saw something under Gameusersettings, where you can change the graphics like the player wants to, however, those are the game files and it's not clear if its bannable or not to me. Otherwise, i would have/ Wouldn't have done so. I also tried going down onto "Low" which ran way better, however, the game was set to completely low graphics that even the shadows were removed and that was not what i was aiming for.

Specs:

-i5-3570 3.40 GHz 3.80 GHz

-Gtx 960 (Amp! Zotac Edition, 2 GB GDDR5)

-16 GB Ram (DDR3)

Best Answer

Answers

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,674
    edited December 2021
    Options

You should definately play on low with those specs, honestly should probably play on a lower res or stretched res as well, as the extra performance will go a long way to make the game smoother.

You can change whatever you want in the.ini it's not the game files it's just how the game stores your settings, there is nothing you can change in the .ini files that will get you banned. Only editing .paks will get you banned, that's not something you're gonna do by accident either.

• Bobitslapis
    Bobitslapis Member Posts: 85
    Options

Thanks for your comment. I've tried doing Low and was okay with it, (Since i only care about gameplay.) however, the icons suddendly looked crusty and for some uncertain reason simple effects of the game were suddendly removed. I've tried doing an 1600 x 1080 stretched res with the graphics, since it's still has an 1080 Resolution and the game then looked good like in 1920 x 1080. However, i noticed that when doing so and playing survivor this gives me kind of more view for some reason and an unfair advantage, which i did not aim for. Is this an unfair advantage? I also tried going with 1600 x 900 Resolution, however, then the visuals of the game suddendly became not really viewable and hard to make out. Im not sure why, when it is with other games its still the same just not as unviewable as Dead by daylight. Also, with the bannable question i meant the Options that are avaliable at the start of the page. Are they really not bannable? Because i read somewhere that changing them, does give an chance of being banned whenever starting up the game with these settings. I enabled an screenshot this time to show which settings i meant. For the other already awnsered questions, thanks for awnsering them. (If needed i can also upload an picture of the 1600 x 900 Resolution if needed.)

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Options

Besides video settings, you can:

● Update your drivers

● Increase VRAM (paging file size)

● Restart the game every few matches if you notice drops in performance over time - DbD has a memory leak which results in slow but steady RAM corruption