The State of killer right now is Abysmal......

2»

Comments

• oliviaa
    oliviaa Member Posts: 104

i'm a survivor main at top mmr for surv and play against top mmr killers constantly. while boons are absolutely overpowered in swfs, it makes solo queue games MANAGEABLE to get by and actually have a chance of escaping (aka not getting killed 5 minutes within a game because teammates r clueless).

if you cant hear a boon or figure out why all 4 survivors keep running to the same place in the map after every time they get hit, that's on YOU. if anything BHVR should add particles for killers around boon locations as it will help ppl with hearing disabilities but even then it's not hard to memorize where totems are at all. it takes the killer not even a second to destroy the boon, and if survivors keep relighting them, that's 14 or 24 seconds of one survivor not on gens.

unless y'all are playing in tournaments, this game is FOR FUN and not every match will be the same easy 4k against megheads and leons urban evasioning around the map, and that's the charm of the game.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

Yeh. I've pretty much given up on playing killer period, let alone learning a new one. The clicky crews who aren't even satisfied when you stand in a corner to quit the match make me want to throw my Xbox into the street.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Sounds like your killer mmr is not that high YET. Wait until you chase 1 person for 40 seconds and 3 gens pop.

• BigSwanginRatnuts
    BigSwanginRatnuts Member Posts: 25

No one wants easy 4ks. But it is true that playing killer is such an immense sweat fest right nby.

Tbh the main issue is game length and by association gens. There's not enough time you can spare for making any mistakes as killer, especially with everyone running dead hard to extend chases with hit validation bs. I'd like to enjoy my chases and looping, but I really can't if I want to win. I need to get a down and I need to get it like yesterday, that means using exposed to circumvent DH, or camping a hook to get more out of the long chase I just took.

I'm fine with long chases, I'm fine with mind games and survivors being able to juke and outplay me obviously. The issue is that I'm rapidly losing gens at all times as killer and don't have the time to enjoy a good chase or enjoy looking for hiding survivors. I don't have the time to look for survivors, I don't have time to kick gens. Anyone hiding can just stay hidden, I don't have time to find you, I don't have time to chase you. I need this guy on hook to die yesterday so I can slow gen speed and survivors options by getting rid of someone ASAP, or at the very least make my next chase come to me instead of me trying to go them.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Nope because their data means nothing given that they don't balance around their desired numbers.

Or we'd be seeing mega Nurse/Trickster buffs every patch until they finally reach 50%.

• nfochairman
    nfochairman Member Posts: 50

omg....This is the most accurate statement in human history

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    edited December 2021

How is it on YOU? You do know the survivors can just bless the totem again or bless a new totem right? The killer has no way to remove the totems out of the trial. So the boon gets to always be up in theory. Also you can't push what you find fun or what people should find fun onto others. If people find enjoyment from getting 4k, that is their preference. If people would get more enjoyment from a more balance and fair experience, they are allowed to have that desire. The whole "the game isn't a tournament, you don't need to 4k every game to have FUN" mindset is always being spouted out by survivor mains. It ain't a good look. It makes y'all look very bias.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

The problem with killers is that they think win is 4k but they think winning as surv is 1 escape. Sorry, but you must compare 4k with 4 escapes. Or do you think 4 escapes is easier than 4k? You find killers who tell you they can facecamp at egc and it’s fair. This is the same as keys with the hatch visible at the begging of the match

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

They are ... occasional they will gift you a hatch or exit gate!

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

If you don't enjoy killer atm, then don't play. If all the players who complain about playing killer stopped playing, survivor queues would go up drastically and devs will have to do something about it. That simple.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

The difference between experienced and mediocre/newly is so huge that it does gives you 2 versions of the game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

You are.

They are playing Complain by Daylight and you're playing Dead by Daylight. Two different games.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

At this moment I doubt that they'll just try to replace people with new ones given the recent content

• concernedkiller
    concernedkiller Member Posts: 23

The problem is multi-faceted in that it is not one single issue plaguing the game right now but rather a combination of factors that contribute to current issue at hand. Boons+SWF+Underpowered Killers+Bad Map design all add to the growing resentment players have for the killer role.

In some respects it is a balancing issue as it is indeed difficult to play killer in a meta that gives survivors a plethora of tools in order to thwart your hunt. But in other respects the issue is lack quality of gameplay that is a direct result of the current balancing.The simple fact is when this game is bad it is bad, in fact it is down right excruciating to play sometimes. The combinations of pallets, boons, loops, flashlights, body blocks, sabotaged hooks is enough to discourage any but the most ardent, sadistic killers from this game. Survivor's lament the fact that they see so many campers but chivalrous gameplay is often punished so it is only natural to see players gravitate to a style that rewards their decisions.

But rather than blame one side, the fault should lie primarily with the developers. If you leave exploitable content in the game, players will always use it. It is becoming more obvious that this game is only good despite the devs not becuase of them. At its best this game is a cat and mouse, a delicate dance between two factions that have to take risks and employ stratagems to out manouvre one another. It was obviously intended to be a quirky party game where players take turns trying to kill each other using fun horror IP. The complex gameplay that results from when this game is at best is not the game working as the devs intended. It feels like the devs are three steps behind their community as their decisions never seem to correctly address players concerns.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited December 2021

Even survivors arent arguing anymore.

I do my daily now, and thats it. They were popping gens and healing so fast I couldnt do anything. Boons are broken + MMR is bad.

They just seem like really bad designers. Theyre running out of ideas, so they make one of the most powerful items a infinite AOE spell. How about instead of adding new perks over and over, increasing the grind you add new modes. Experiment with 2 killers vs 8 or more survivors ect.

I could put up with BS before because it was still a fun game, I do my daily out of habit now and thats it. Even that habits waning. I dont even mind playing sweaty, its just not fun anymore.

Post edited by gammatsunami on
  • CyberDragoon656

Honestly for game modes even something as simple as a killer training mode to learn the killers powers and use it to practice perk builds would help alot as well and just to be honest about some modes like8vs2 with this build of the game would be a nightmare just cause it could still be one sided due to meta I would like to be wrong but I figured I'd give my 2 cents on game mode ideas.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

IMO training courses should be similar to how they are now. A match against bots without any perks. I think it's better to learn how to use the basekit power of each killer first and not to rely on add-ons or perks from the start.

• CyberDragoon656

Thats why I brought up training idk what they could do maybe something like for honor where they have specific courses for each killer to learn their kit. Right now the core of the game is all about the add-ons and perks due to the balance being garbage.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137

OP isn't entirely wrong. I'll absolutely sui on hook for the slightest reason. If I'm not having fun with you, then I refuse to play, it's that simple.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

Killer power tutorials would be great. I'd love to practice Billy or Oni without getting stomped and BMed.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

This exact same post can be said about survivor as well. Like chill out lmao if you aren't having fun take a break, but both sides can be strong and win

• CyberDragoon656

Except survivors have no reason to complain they got broken perks like there's no tomorrow and their main problem of tunneling and camping is their own fault at the moment.

• Lochnload_exe

Killers also have broken perks and addons and strong ways of playing. Can literally say the same thing to survivor as well lmaoo

• CyberDragoon656

What broken perks? Noed is the only perk I mainly hear is an issue but that's lost by doing the totems and the rest are governed by hooks and most add-ons have countermeasures implemented however stacked healing times still exist DH still has hit validation and most if not survivor issues can be answered with "don't get caught" yet now there no worry now since you can be brain dead as hell and still win.

• Lochnload_exe

I'll admit healing can be broken but it has always been broken, don't know why people act surprised at it now. Besides that, DH validation isn't a bad thing and it never was the broken part of dead hard. Again, dead hard has always been strong lol validation is just making the servers more secure, the reason dead hard was op was because of the use of it for distance.

Besides that, if we are saying "broken" as in strong, NOED is still one of the most busted killer perks and most gen perks when used aggressively are still just as strong.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

What about the territorial killers like Trapper & Hag? If they have to trudge slowly across the length of the map to reach the Boon Totem and leave their trapped area there goes all of their pressure, and you know that boon totem will be relit 0.001 nanoseconds (possibly a slight exaggeration) after they head back to their trapped zone.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Except Dead Hard isn't meant to "eat" the killer's power. If Nemmy tentacle whips over a dropped pallet and the survivor DH's away, fine the tentacle should miss them (and does) but the pallet should be broken by the tentacle (it doesn't) so Dead Hard is most definitely broken in that aspect. The Devs have acknowledged it but of course, nothing is getting fixed in this patch.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I would say to anyone who says that killer is at a disadvantage to watch Otz's most recent video. His community conducted a number of tests with the best killers and survivors using all the most oppressive ######### possible on both sides and what they found was that the game is actually balanced. If killers use every tactic to win and survivors do the same then the game is balanced. That being said, Otz conceded that right now the game is not fun for either side. It's not fun to feel that you have to tunnel someone out to win as killer and it's not fun to get tunneled out as survivor. Rather than killer or survivor being weak or strong the issues that should be addressed are exactly how each side wins.

I agree whole heartedly with Otz. Until Tunneling is addressed killers cannot be made more powerful because if they were it would completely wreck the balance that this game currently has. If you want killers to be buffed than tunneling as a strategy needs to be nerfed.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yeah it’s not a matter of balance at this point but a matter of fun. Unfun strategies are promoted by the game which isn’t healthy