What do you do when you encounter hackers?

I personally just dc when I realize they're hacking, not when someone is good at the game and I might suspect, just when it is blatant speed/insta healing immediately after getting hit multiple times etc. More so because I don't want to deal with it, I know they think it's so funny but I just don't want to waste my time on a pointless match.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Most of the time I just mess around with them. If you ignore them and dont let them have their fun they usually make sure you dont have fun either by holding the game hostage.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I usually just play normally, say I'll report them and forget their name in the menu and go on to the next game.

If it's a ghostface with hatchets I just accept that I got outplayed.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I just play the match out and record the evidence when I can or just DC if the hacking breaks the game.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I go to the Killer and let him hook me for free. I don't want a DC penalty because someone decided to hack, but I don't want to take advantage of it. So, I ask for being hooked then I cross my fingers for no Kobe/no one to save me in time.

• ShortIGN
    ShortIGN Member Posts: 2

I think dcing is a bad idea if the hacker wants you I'm sure they can just force themselves into your lobby so probably just mess about and hope they dont hold your game hostage if they do then you're kinda screwed due to the annoying disconnect ban

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141

if they are streaming, i'll join in and laugh as the matter is not taken care of

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I've been encountering them on a daily basis in my region. So make the game end as soon and possible and not help the cheater or get in the killers way. if the cheater is holding the game hostage then i'll just DC and go play other games.

There's a growing number of them that is cheating more subtly which even if you're recording its very hard to prove, like

1. doing a very tiny but significant enough amount of movement speed,

2. or speeding up their actions opening//healing/repairing/cleansing when no one is around, i had a person who kept picking themselves up and healed up in 10 seconds despite having no healing perks or items + them being alone because victor's idle shriek showed only them being in the area.

3. sussy esp behavior when they no perks or addons to track, yet have 100% perfect knowledge about the survivors/killers movement.

even with 8000 hours in this game its hard to confirm 100% but you notice some things not adding up or behaving oddly. not worth losing any sleep over it or bandwidth reporting it not like they have enough people to even look into them or any idea how to play anyways.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited December 2021

I usually tell them in the end game chat this.."omg Hacker-chan you're such a sussy baka UwU". This distracts him.

I'll flatter him with my right hand and write reports with my left. I'll take a blood point... and eat it!

After my extensive thought out plan, I can assure you, they're banned for life.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

Turn on my obs and start recording and laugh when they actually get downed.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I'd need to see it to believe it. The way I hear it, hardly anybody gets banned for hacking. That's why I went against a speed hacker recently.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Depends.

Am I playing killer? I afk.

Am I playing survivor and another survivor is a hacker? I play normally and at the end give the killer a kill, or I'll just give the killer right away if I'm able to.

Am I playing survivor and the killer is hacking? I'll probably afk and die really fast since they're hacking anyway.

• Etukan
    Etukan Member Posts: 18

I do the same as bhvr do, nothing.

• I record their gameplay if I can, because I'm obligated to do so for proof, then report them and show evidence

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited December 2021

As killer, AFK. Use the time to report on Steam.

As survivor I usually try to get to the exit gates as fast as possible to release the killer from the match or suicide run to the killer with no wiggle when downed.

Basically try to make the game as uninteresting as possible.

• RAZERbladz13
    RAZERbladz13 Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2021

In my roughly 5k hours, I have gone against 1 blatant hacker. It was a Dwight who had insta wiggle and used it every time the killer downed him, and the only way I even knew was that the killer (a bubba) told me afterwards.

And I knew he was telling the truth because he had nemesis and dwight was the only obsession the whole trial, so it wasn't someone saving him.

So yeah, I don't know what I would do because I haven't gone against any

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I don't record my matches so I can literally do nothing but watch in despair.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

I leave and report.