Survivor is unbearable as hell with mmr

WhyDoiGetFacecamped
WhyDoiGetFacecamped Member Posts: 45
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've noticed that within the last 2 months of playing my matches just haven't been good quality. During my last like 25 matches it's me with around 2000 hours and then my teammates are playing like they have 100 hours, but then sometimes the killer is my skill level or very new like my teammates. It's unbearable and unfair, I'm literally trying to relax and finish my battle pass so i don't have to touch this horse [BAD WORD] of a game until the next content drop because other games are way more enticing and have better dev support.

I love this game and have been playing since late 2018 but other things have been 100x more fun and it's not really because of the balancing and content but really the mmr it's just horrible.

Just me or am I just an entitled survivor main?

Oh and the queue times are bad..

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73

Yeah, I've noticed some pretty crazy happenings with MMR as of late too. I'm either getting those brand new killers, or brand new survivors, and getting those new survivors goes for my killer games as well. As a killer if I notice newer survivors, I usually just breathe a sigh of relief, and play the fairest most fun match possible, but as survivor it's pretty stressful when I get a wraith with 200 or less hours running Shadowborn II, and Spies III and nothing else and then the very next match I go against Zubat. This literally happened to me last week and I was like "Yep, MMR must be working perfectly as intended."

On the other hand, I feel like they've loosened up the MMR restriction causing for those games that you can tell are just new players that booted up the game for the first time because USUALLY killer is pretty unbearable for me, especially since I mainly play trapper since I've always just enjoyed his playstyle.

I feel like part of the reason is certain MMR ranges are getting burnt out on this game really fast because of MMR. I'd love to see more datamined information about MMR and what BHVR has been up to concerning it these past few weeks since I feel like we're left in the dark when it comes to this subject more than anything.

(Just for note I also have 2000 hours in this game)

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Last game I got a newbie Meg that blew up my gen 5 times in a row she got tunneled by a newbie trapper and put in the basement with 5 traps. Welcome to DbD Meg.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

It probably has something to do with the game being free on Epic a while ago. I guess it's a matter of time until these new players either get better at the basic stuff or just drop the game.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Turn off crossplay

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    edited December 2021

No you're right. MMR has been an absolute shitshow. It is the worst thing to ever happen to matchmaking for solo que survivors. The quality of games have been at its absolute worst. I'm constantly getting paired with survivors with barely any hours who d/c and force our team to 3v1 a killer. Killers are either absolute babies or sweats. There's no in between. The emblem system is unironically better than w/e system they decided to implement.

• IDunnoMaybeJohn
    IDunnoMaybeJohn Applicant Posts: 2

As someone who has about 2k hours survivor soloq experience in the game I feel basically the same. The thing is since mmr has been introduced I have been getting way better killers than before while my team mates (for the most part at least) are the same as before the MMR, which also led to us losing the game most of the time.

To sound not like an arrogant ######### let me tell you I did spectate my team sometimes and was realising some of them didnt even look behind them °_° shocker right....

I do have an explanation for this which is that you might get queued with people that have way less experience than you intentionally by the system, so the system might look for an average MMR of lets say 1500, if you as "the hard carry" have like 1800 MMR means the system is activelly looking for someone who is worse than you AND expects you to carry the game every single time to reach the 2 escape and 2 death result the devs were aiming at.

To explain why sometimes you get lobbies as killer in which every surv is really good, that might be because swf obviously completely counters that system since you can queue up with 4 people all having max mmr XD

However this is only from my experience. Im actually wondering what other people might say tho.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

I give up on this MMR system, if it's even working. I'm half-convinced that it never even existed. Why else am I getting matched with people who search their Jigsaw boxes before healing their deep wound and then go down from it?

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

This is the best advice, at least on PC.

Once I turned it off, I stopped getting dwights with 10 hours.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,058

While Crossplay as a PC-player leads to better teammates (no offense to Console-players, but when I tried to disable crossplay, I got better teammates...), it is quite boring to face the same people, because you get only matched with players who also have crossplay disabled. Went against the same Huntress 3 games in a row, she was a good Killer and fun games, but a little bit variety is nice.

@Topic:

I agree. I also dont know if it is even working, at this point, I just suspect that the Devs dont have any matchmaking active. I got from an amazing Blight, who killed all of us to a 70 hour-Huntress, whose first action was to open one of the Walls in Springwood, followed by getting looped by me around the school for several Gens. Obviously a newish player, probably only had a handful of Killergames. And one loss against a strong Blight should not drop my MMR that much.

Also, another story:

Since MMR only increases when you survive, you can get stuck in MMR-Hell as Survivor. If you get bad teammates, you might die more often (the game is a 4v1, so someone dead early can shift it easily), which results in even worse teammates. And on the occasion that you win, you can end up against a very inexperienced Killer, which is also not fun at all.

So, my friend and I went against a Billy a few days ago. The Billy was not good, but he had Ruin (Tier 1), Bamboozle and Tinkerer (I think the last Perk was Lightborn). The other two Survivors were really, really bad, they both went down next to each other all the time. They were worse than the Billy-player, but my friend and myself were better than him.

This resulted in a 2v1 with 5 Gens to go. But again, the game is supposed to be a 4v1. In the end, we prolonged the game a lot and managed to do 4 1/2 Gens with 2 people. Not even a really broken Map, it was Wreckers Yard. At the end, we both got slugged and left for bleedout, since the Killer was pissed (before he was also nodding at us on the Hook and Postgame Chat he was like "EZZZZZZ"...). If we would have had at least 1 Survivor who can only press M1 on a Gen, we would have won.

And what happens next if MMR is working? My friend and I will lose MMR. Probably not a small amount, since the Billy-player was most likely not at high MMR. And the Billy-player? He will win loads of MMR - which results in him getting stronger opponents, who will probably demolish him, giving him unfun games.

So the only "winners" of this MMR are the two Potato-Survivors, because they get even worse Killers. But the Killer, who was quite new to at least Billy will have harder games (despite only winning because it was a 2v1) and we will have weaker teammates and have to hope that we will get a really low MMR-Killer to escape in a potential 4v1.

Also, as Killer MMR is quite confusing as well. I played a game as Doctor, got a 4K easily. Some very inexperienced Survivors. Next game, I play on Shelter Woods as Doctor and get my second Hook after 4 Gens are done. From one game to the next, such a difference?

And with Huntress, I got Baby Survivors back to back during one day, after completely normal games before (seriously, I had players with under 5 hours in my games...). The next day it was back to normal.

I was a fan of MMR when they introduced it, mainly because my Survivor games were better. But this is not the case anymore. And I feel at this point that no Matchmaking is active, it happens far too often that I think that either the Killer or other Survivors are not in my MMR-Range.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Don't you always have the same players, again and again? I have the same issue as the OP, but fortunatelly not the whole day. At the end of the afternoon, I have players with under 100 hours (while I have 1700 hours).

But last time I've turned crossplay off, I faced only one Killer (who was pretty good and nice, playing a different Killer each match) and I had the same teammates (with two of them being in a war to kill each other for some unknown reason, but one of them was super angry). The players had the same amount of time as I did. I was months ago tho.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Depends on the time of the day.

I'm in the EU, and during the day I get various killers (though I get a lot of the same team mates which can be good or bad depends).

At night I get more of the same killer, but not that much.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm from EU as well.

I'll give it a new try today but I'd prefer to have a good variety of teammates/Killers.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,209

This has been my experience as well. My friend and I have a combined ~6000 hours. We get matched with two fresh accounts and a very new killer. It's miserable. This is what happens when the devs miss the mark so badly on quantifying the skill of one side.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

Then go play a killer and experience hit validation :).

More seriously though, mmr is ######### and we all see that rank system worked much, much better.